AJR accused of selling fake products

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
AJR accused of selling fake products

I came accross this today, as somebody who has bought a LOT from Ben at AJ-Racing I am not very happy to see something like this.

It was pulled from this website (english content is half way down)
http://ameblo.jp/umemotojunichi/

Dear Ben Leung

First of all, it is almost 9 years since we, J’s Racing, started a business
relationship with your company in 2002. We fully acknowledge that your sales
& marketing have made the current J’s Racing popular status in the North America
and we deeply thank you for that.

Unfortunately we have to present you a rather unpleasant notice today. We recently
learned that in spite of your status of an official distributor of J’s Racing, you
have been copying J’s Racing products in a factory abroad and selling the products
as the genuine J’s Racing merchandise.

In order to verify the information and to get the clear evidence we actually purchased
a product from you for an inspection. Regrettably we found that you not only copied the
product but also copied our packing tape and box to make the product look exactly like a
genuine J’s Racing product.

Now that we have a proof and we consider your conduct as a criminal offense, we no longer
can maintain the current business relationship with you. We have already consulted an
attorney in the British Columbia and we are ready to take strong legal actions if necessary.

We strongly feel that an official distributor should be the one policing the copied or
knockoff products. It is outrageous that an official distributor itself sells a copied
product as a genuine one. This is an inexcusable conduct even from the social point of
view and we will not forgive this kind of crime.

Regarding this matter, we are considering the number of actions. We will give you one
chance of providing us a sincere response and coming up with an offer for a monetary

Our actions include but are not limited to
1) Termination of the distributor status
2) A legal action to demand accounting information on the quantity of the copied products
produced and to demand a definite proof for destroying the copied products.
3) Bringing a criminal charges against A&J Racing
4) Disclosure of the issue on our website using your company’s name
5) Disclosure of the issue on the several forums in the world using your company’s name

To name several forums,
http://www.s2ki.com/
http://www.8thcivic.com/
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/
http://www.honda-tech.com/
http://hondamarketplace.com/
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/
http://www.team-integra.net/
http://www.definitivedriving.com/
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/

6) Notification of the issue to all the manufacturers J’s Racing has business relationship with
7) Notification of the issue to all the companies J’s Racing has traded with
8) Notification of the issue to all the magazine publishing companies A&J Racing has relationship with
9) Notification of the issue to your father, Anthony

Those actions will inflict serious damages to your company.
In the business world, the trust is the most important. It is very regrettable you have lost our trust.
We will be waiting for your sincere response and a specific compensation offer.
The deadline is April 22, 2009.

Sincerely

J’S RACING Junichi Umemoto
J’S RACING Hisaaki Murakami

Old 01-13-2010, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
Interesting. Waiting reply from AJ. I've purchased from them (although never J's Parts) and never had a problem. This comes as a surprise if true.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Well, they made a statement on the feedback area. I don't know what to believe, it does seem odd that J's has not followed up with a law suit.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
I saw their statement and I can only speak for myself. I've dealt w/ Ben and AJ in the past and haven't had any problems other than an incorrect part coming in which was fixed quickly. I'll continue doing business with AJ until they personally give me a good reason not too.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Ditto, I have dealt with Ben as well directly and he seems like a nice enough guy.

But that doesn't change the fact that there is something wrong either on J's end or AJR's end.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
Why is the deadline set last year? And whats with point #9: notification of the issue to your father Anthony... I simply don't get it?

I don't think Ben will put any official statements, this kind of news is not the first time and he probably just see it as free promotion anyway =)

I never have problems dealing with Ben and his products (T1R) are the only ones in the North America market that has been put on a race track and actually wins something.

Not a AJR fanboy or anything, but all this J's vs AJR is getting old =\

Last edited by Guinness; 01-14-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
As some of you mind know, I bought Ben's old Fit (GD3)
If you want to know does Ben selling Fake J's racing Product come to check out my Fit...I still have J's Grill, GT wing, exhaust and other J's goodies on the car
I personal know Ben REALLY HATE "CHEAP & FAKE" product as auto parts and clothes even Japanese Food...
I have a J's racing exhaust on my Fit right now as I bought the car as it....there is no J's racing tag/logo on it. However, he use all the Japan OEM parts for the JDM front and rear end conversion, Spoon front brake even his interior has all the JDM parts, why would he cheap out on the exhaust if no tag/logo J's exhaust is a knock off/ fake exhaust?
I am not saying my exhaust with no tag/logo is the Authentic Exhaust (it might be a knock off too) but why would Ben put on a fake exhaust when he has all the Authentic parts on the car? Unless he receive this exhaust from J's racing Japan as a Authentic J's racing Exhaust.
I do believe in Ben and Faith from AJ-Racing staff thats they will not sell Fake/ knock off product to custom as Authentic price/ description.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:44 PM
i love college
idk what they are selling or not selling.... but they have great customer service..

Old 01-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
To be honest I would expect Bens personal car to have all authentic parts irregardless of what is going on.

Do you know anybody over at Speedtech?

Lets get the skinny on how their J's products are coming in. I want to know if they show up all properly packaged or if things are coming in sketchy. If they are having similar quality problems that are being described by the guys at AJR I think it would be irrefutable proof that AJR is clear of any wrong-doings. On the other hand if everything comes in perfect and neat, well then clearly AJR is pulling a fast one.

Originally Posted by keepitpg
idk what they are selling or not selling.... but they have great customer service..
True, but that is becide the point.
From an old saying; "The best con-artists are also the most charming"

Old 01-14-2010, 05:08 PM
i love college
^^ i know. i just got off the phone with them so i could get new adjustment knobs for my t1r coils and they just told me to pay shipping and thats it. but you do have a point.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Honestly I am hoping that the guys from J's are the ones f-cking around here, I am going to be very dissapointed if the fualt lies with AJ-Racing.

My own judgement will be simple; if my J's parts are fake and Speedtech doesn't have any of the quality problems AJR claims to have had... well that is enought to convince me.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
To be honest I would expect Bens personal car to have all authentic parts irregardless of what is going on.

Do you know anybody over at Speedtech?
Lets get the ... "The best con-artists are also the most charming"
I see what your point is, but remember this letter was from April 09 and it was about when I pick up the Fit @ AJ-R
Way before that I already heard AJ-R people saying J's racing won't calm there warranty and all other problem...basically this is a old news to me.

I do know speedtech people but I can't just go in and ask Will to do this for me right?...there is a J's rear tower bar for GD3 in show room as I just went there few hours ago...check it out if you want to

Ops...I miss one of the point....about the exhaust, I said the exhaust I have right now don't have tag/logo is that mean Ben put a fake exhaust on or because it is Authentic just without the tag so he put it on anyway?

Last edited by SNOWFIT; 01-14-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
yeah ben is going to put knock off j's parts yeah right on his own car lol.

ajr is crooked.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SNOWFIT
I see what your point is, but remember this letter was from April 09 and it was about when I pick up the Fit @ AJ-R
Way before that I already heard AJ-R people saying J's racing won't calm there warranty and all other problem...basically this is a old news to me.

I do know speedtech people but I can't just go in and ask Will to do this for me right?...there is a J's rear tower bar for GD3 in show room as I just went there few hours ago...check it out if you want to

Ops...I miss one of the point....about the exhaust, I said the exhaust I have right now don't have tag/logo is that mean Ben put a fake exhaust on or because it is Authentic just without the tag so he put it on anyway?
I was thinking more about asking Will about the condition of stuff coming into the shop from J's.

Is it all messed up with missing logos and not in the proper packaging or is everything coming in from overseas neat & tidy?

Old 01-15-2010, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SNOWFIT
As some of you mind know, I bought Ben's old Fit (GD3)
If you want to know does Ben selling Fake J's racing Product come to check out my Fit...I still have J's Grill, GT wing, exhaust and other J's goodies on the car
I personal know Ben REALLY HATE "CHEAP & FAKE" product as auto parts and clothes even Japanese Food...
I have a J's racing exhaust on my Fit right now as I bought the car as it....there is no J's racing tag/logo on it. However, he use all the Japan OEM parts for the JDM front and rear end conversion, Spoon front brake even his interior has all the JDM parts, why would he cheap out on the exhaust if no tag/logo J's exhaust is a knock off/ fake exhaust?
I am not saying my exhaust with no tag/logo is the Authentic Exhaust (it might be a knock off too) but why would Ben put on a fake exhaust when he has all the Authentic parts on the car? Unless he receive this exhaust from J's racing Japan as a Authentic J's racing Exhaust.
I do believe in Ben and Faith from AJ-Racing staff thats they will not sell Fake/ knock off product to custom as Authentic price/ description.
^^ Agree

+ REP

Old 01-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Guinness
^^ Agree

+ REP
Hmmm, I think I got mega neg-repped

Old 01-15-2010, 12:04 PM
i love college
it should show up in your user cp

Old 01-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by keepitpg
it should show up in your user cp
No, nothing in there. It was reset to zero

haha, did you see my new member user tag?

Old 01-16-2010, 04:02 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
^haha when junktea first pointed out the possibility of ajr selling knockoffs a while back and i posted in that thread, one of the ppl on ajr's d*ck neg-repped me. maybe that's what happened to you, but at a more extraordinary level.

and then jdmchris closed the thread. here it is because this is kinda old news but it got hidden pretty quickly so maybe a lot of you guys didn't see it the first time around.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...acing-50r.html
i'm not gonna be too surprised if i get monster-neg-repped for this...=( i don't know what's true and what's not but there's all the sh*t if you guys wanna give a shot at figuring it out.

Last edited by doctordoom; 01-16-2010 at 04:05 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:41 AM
5 Year Member
The postings is all over honda-tech and revscene too.... anyone got the chance to drop by AJR? Wonder how those boys are now, feel sorry for those who are not involved.... =\

Money is evil

Quick Reply: AJR accused of selling fake products