Vancouver General Chat

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 03:58 AM
innovative seat sign from Vancouver Police

here's something useful for all u Fit frickin FREAKS

pdf download:
http://www.city.vancouver.bc.ca/poli...atBrochure.pdf

Old 01-15-2008, 04:54 PM
hey guys some douch just backed into my car as I was proceeding to exit out of my underground parking...i know im not at fault however i have this thing with anger management...

im part to blame cuz i still havent fixed my horn yet (tail light wiring) so he backs into my car...the thing is i got out of the car and gave the pontiac a hard kick causing a bump on his trunk...and we had a verbal conflict..

do u think it will cause me to have fault? cmon guys i need help here..my car is still drivable but the front fender is complted destroyed..so are the right side bumper, wheel smashed in, prolly broken axle...also there was a witness seeing me kick his trunk..

im so stupid i know i shouldnt do that but sometimes i have to give my fellow chinese some harsh reality..but im afraid i did go over the line

Old 01-15-2008, 05:23 PM
i guess he would have to pay still, but prolly would've paid more if you didn't kick his car

frustration's understandable if he f*cked up your car that badly, but still... that didn't really help you

why was he backing into underground parking anyways?..

u got a witness seeing him back into you right

Old 01-15-2008, 08:21 PM
the person just called me up and he said will sue me

now everything is against me dam it

Old 01-16-2008, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
Had an incident when younger. Guy backed into my vehicle. Fingers were given. He got out and punch drivers window. I got out, dented his fender, this guy freaked, put his fist thru back window. lol ended up paying his damage and he paid for mine.

Suggest you watch the Sopranoe's episode where Tony's sister Janet beats down a soccer mom, good anger management points in there. Yes, you pay for his, he'll pay for yours, and don't mention the horn thing to ICBC. Actually, you should erase that post and fix the horn before going into ICBC. Good luck.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:55 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
parking lot = 50/50 NO EXCEPTIONS! (according to ICBC)

Old 01-16-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Fit of RAGE
parking lot = 50/50 NO EXCEPTIONS! (according to ICBC)
Sorry, but you're 100% incorrect on that.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Shit dude, sorry to hear that craptastic situation. Hard to know what to suggest. I really really really doubt he can sue you AT ALL for just kicking his car and denting it. I'd be like "Go ahead and waste your money on a lawyer just to have the case thrown out of court, bitch". Of course if you actually attacked him in some manner he could have some potential action there (but don't post about it here if you did haha). Sounds to me like it should be a pretty obvious deal for ICBC to deal with, dude backs into you car and messes it up, you get pissed and kick his car.. not a lot of mystery in that scenario... the guy is retarded if he tries to make a mountain out of a mole-hill with this situation..

Old 01-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Wow it was slippery this morning on the side roads. I was spinning tires accidentally a lot on the way to work.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
yeah and freakin cold....btw...do u guyz use msn @ work...and if u do and company block msn...or ebuddy....etc....wat other program do u guyz use??

Old 01-23-2008, 04:31 PM
You can try using the web version of msn messenger, it runs through your web browser. Luckily my work doesn't block anything.

Try the web version here: MSN Web Messenger

Old 01-23-2008, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
haha....my workplace block that...

Old 01-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Anyone else getting a static shock when exiting their cars lately? I think it's the weather...

Old 01-28-2008, 04:36 PM
what's the matter can't handle the shock? LOL

Old 01-28-2008, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smatts
Anyone else getting a static shock when exiting their cars lately? I think it's the weather...
me too...is kinda annoying...dunno wuts going on, everytime i turn on da heat then exiting my car i got SHOCK, even my nike dri fit shirt screwed by static

Old 01-29-2008, 02:44 AM
Originally Posted by feifei
me too...is kinda annoying...dunno wuts going on, everytime i turn on da heat then exiting my car i got SHOCK, even my nike dri fit shirt screwed by static
It's the dry air and cool temperatures in the winter that is doing it. I might get one of those grounding straps that drags from the back of your car, they look ugly but maybe I'll just use it in the winter.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smatts
It's the dry air and cool temperatures in the winter that is doing it. I might get one of those grounding straps that drags from the back of your car, they look ugly but maybe I'll just use it in the winter.
That's what I usually do: Just before I leave my car and right before my feet touch the ground, I put my hand to a metal part (not plastic or interior parts) of my car (usually the door) and keep touching it until my foot touches the ground. Works almost 100% of the time.

Make sure you discharge your static before fueling up your car.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:55 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Just to let eveyone know, smatts and myself are moderators of this community. we're trying to keep the Vancouver Community forum section VERY clean. Please do not be offended if we've deleted/modified/closed any threads/quotes/replies. Thanks!

Old 02-07-2008, 02:11 AM
how many local fits are FI? what do they use?

Old 02-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Rmd ///M meet

last night 8pm at RMD Centre
didn't see any Fit owners

Quick Reply: Vancouver General Chat