Bad time to buy a Fit?

Old 06-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Bad time to buy a Fit?

Hi guys, forum newbie here. Its great to see a big Fit community in Vancouver and to see all the sweet rides!
I live in Vancouver and I'm looking to buy a new Fit Sport as soon as possible. I seek the forums advice for my purchase.
Haven't been dealership-hopping or making many calls yet but my nearest dealership had a few new Sport models in stock so I went to check them out. I was quoted over 23k OTD for a new 2011.
Apparently this is only a few hundred dollars over the dealers cost so there is no room for negotiation (per salesman).
Looking at how much this car is sold for in the US, it seems that we're paying roughly 3k - 4k more OTD.. which is surprising at this price!

Anyway, looking into the history of this forum I see that there have always been some kind of rebate or promotion going on for Fits - it doesn't seems like there are any deals at the moment, which I can understand, due to the current demand>supply situation with Japans ongoing situation.

What I would like to know is whether you guys think its better that I hold off my purchase for a few months (until the new shipments start coming in?) or if 23k (financing thru honda @ 4.9%) sounds like an OK deal.

I would consider buying a used vehicle but prefer to have my 5 years of powertrain warranty so I haven't really considered it. Maybe used is the best way to go in this current situation?

Anyway I'm just seeking your guys' opinions and advice.
Thank you in advance.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
welcome to the group
I bought mine when they have the special they took off $1800 of MSRP on the sport model.
I think there is only 2 special per year
one is the auto show back in April where they give you $888 off
and the other one is the end of the season special
but when they try to clear out the stock there are not too many color selection.
the 4.9% seems high, earlier the year, they had 2.9%
what price range are you look for if you want to buy a used?
mine is very new and I put in many mods.
cheers

Old 06-27-2011, 11:11 PM
Hi Alan, thanks for the info.
I would definitely consider a newer used Fit, like a '09 or '10, depending on the condition and the background of the vehicle. Are you selling yours?
Could you PM me a pic and your asking price? Thanks.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitblitz
Hi Alan, thanks for the info.
I would definitely consider a newer used Fit, like a '09 or '10, depending on the condition and the background of the vehicle. Are you selling yours?
Could you PM me a pic and your asking price? Thanks.
Hi Fitblitz,

pm me please
alan_c888@shaw.ca
I don't usually check the FIT forum daily
might consider to sell mine

Old 06-29-2011, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
Yes it is. These cars are very overpriced new and used right now.

I had my heart set on a Fit, however they are all priced for about 12-13k and for that price I'd rather purchase something quicker....so I'll probably end up with a Civic Si

Old 10-04-2011, 04:25 PM
I am finding the exact same problem right now. The Fit is the best choice for me right now, however, the dealer quoted me $23,000 all-in. This price was for a manual transmission and included floor mats and locking wheel nuts. That price is basically the MSRP, and in my opinion, too much for such a basic car. But apparently they are justifying it as, supply is low. I guess demand is high and there are many others out there willing to pay full pop.

Also, there are really no decent used options right now, or I'd probably explore that option too. All have major accidents, or are automatic, which I'm not a big fan of.

Let me know how you made out.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
y is everyone selling their fits now??

Old 10-05-2011, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
Not sure.

I can say I wish I had waited 2 months to buy mine.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:07 AM
I'm just starting to look now. I'm looking for 2009+ Fit Sports but all I see used are an Orange one in Langley, a Black one with higher KMs in Surrey and a White one in town. All for ~$17K. I'm considering just buying a used LX.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by fitster
y is everyone selling their fits now??
Probably because the still prevailing scarcity of new Fits has increased the value of used Fits. Some folks can sell their cars close to what they had bought them for.

That could change in 1-2 months. November is supposed to be when Honda's inventory levels go back to normal (or so the trade mags say).

Old 10-05-2011, 02:28 PM
So does anyone have any advice if $22,000 is a good deal for a brand new Fit Sport? Manual Transmission, floor mats, locking wheel nuts?