aloha from socal - new fit owner!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 04:03 PM
aloha from socal - new fit owner!

well, i just ended the new year buying a 2008 honda fit sport. december 29th, 2007 to be exact. just thought i'd pop a thread in here to give a warm HAU'OLI MAKAHIKI HOU to the hawai'i forum.

i found out my ITR partner kkim is here...he suggested to hang out here once in a while. so aloha to the hawai'i forum.

first 'mod' to the car was a hawai'i flag sticker on the rear hatch glass.

kepani

Old 01-02-2008, 03:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kepani
well, i just ended the new year buying a 2008 honda fit sport. december 29th, 2007 to be exact. just thought i'd pop a thread in here to give a warm HAU'OLI MAKAHIKI HOU to the hawai'i forum.

i found out my ITR partner kkim is here...he suggested to hang out here once in a while. so aloha to the hawai'i forum.

first 'mod' to the car was a hawai'i flag sticker on the rear hatch glass.

kepani
Aloha and welcome.

Nice to hear from you.

Any other mod plans? Wheels? Watch out for the TPMS on the wheels- changing wheels means the dash light will come on unless you can move the sensors to the new wheels in the exact locations or reset the TPMS with the ECU on the car- usually done at the dealer or buy the reset tool for about $400-500.

Do you race your Integra?

Where are you in SoCal?

Was it hard to find a Fit? Did you get MT or AT? What color?

Old 01-02-2008, 10:14 PM
thanks for the reminder on the TPMS!

mods? i'm hoping to keep lightly on the mods for this car. other than the trick interior doo-dads such as the cargo net, jdm armrest, etc. but yes, wheels are a must...still trying to decide.

i track the itr at willow springs, streets of willow, and buttonwillow. only been to laguna seca once ($$$). very very fun! the car is amazing and is totally in its element when running out there... here's a pic:

it was pretty easy to find one...but it was tough to nag the price down. i ended up getting it for $15,600 + $1,000 (8 year honda care warranty). however, no floormats, etc. it's manual (OF COURSE! ) and is SSM...

i'm curious to see my first tank and see my MPG...

kepani

Old 01-03-2008, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
Kepani !!

When you get the time, some pics of your FIT would be appreciated.

Good to see you posting and hope to run into you in other sections of FF, though you'll always be welcomed in the Hawaii forum.

Aloha Brah!!

Old 01-03-2008, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kepani
thanks for the reminder on the TPMS!

mods? i'm hoping to keep lightly on the mods for this car. other than the trick interior doo-dads such as the cargo net, jdm armrest, etc. but yes, wheels are a must...still trying to decide.

i track the itr at willow springs, streets of willow, and buttonwillow. only been to laguna seca once ($$$). very very fun! the car is amazing and is totally in its element when running out there... here's a pic:

it was pretty easy to find one...but it was tough to nag the price down. i ended up getting it for $15,600 + $1,000 (8 year honda care warranty). however, no floormats, etc. it's manual (OF COURSE! ) and is SSM...

i'm curious to see my first tank and see my MPG...

kepani
Your itr looks good. And you have mastered driving with no hands!

We have a few itr at our autocross, not that many Hondas overall. A few Civics and a few S2000.

Any interest in autocrossing the Fit in stock class????

You really just need good tires and leave the rest stock although you might have to be careful about changing the shift knob or adding a short shift kit which would knock you out of stock class. Keep the stock intake, use any cat back exhaust. Any plugs, and any alignment.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:23 PM
picture of my ssm fit. it's a great little car!

mini-fit: i would love to autox it...but it's the daily driver. i sure would love to be a part of the sessions back in hawai'i. you guys should post photos from your autox days!

thanks kelly! hau'oli makahiki hou!

kepani

Old 01-06-2008, 07:53 PM
i actually saw photos from the autox sessions at aloha stadium...looks like fun!

i just filled up my tank today and estimate about 34-35 MPG. pretty damn good...mixed local and highway driving. so far so good.