Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

san francisco bay area honda dealers

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up san francisco bay area honda dealers

as you know many local dealers are asking for additional money(rip off)mark up.
today2/17/07 I went to san leandro honda and I purchased a vbp/sport automatic at msrp with no add on's and no pressure to add anything extra,just the car .what a nice experience, thank you san leandro honda....

Old 02-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by nascartrash
today2/17/07 I went to san leandro honda and I purchased a vbp/sport automatic at msrp with no add on's and no pressure to add anything extra,just the car .what a nice experience, thank you san leandro honda....
Hi there,

Who was the salesperson? Did San Leandro have any in stock? Thanks and congrats!

fitfeevr

Old 02-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by nascartrash
Sorry...one more thing. If you wouldn't mind sharing, how much did you pay "out the door" with taxes etc for your Blue Sport Automatic?

THanks again!

fitfeevr

Old 02-20-2007, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
out the door price was 18,150.00 sales was through their internet dept. they may have a white sport in stock

Old 03-20-2007, 01:42 AM
WOW! I paid OTD 16k with floor mats and the cargo tray for my VBP Sport AT. I went through Stockton Honda... They wanted 21k for it, with the HFP wheels which I will get for less than the 2,100 they were asking as an add on.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
Black Widow g2- that must be at least $1000 under cost and possibly including the mere ~$300 (if that) on holdback. With cost being ~$15,300 per autos.yahoo.com .

They must be desperate to sell those things out in Stockton.

I'm guessing they sold you the whole car for ~$1,500 in the hole, which makes no sense. Please scan your sales contract and post it here(with the sensitive information blacked out of course) so prospective buyers can see the numbers and use it as leverage when trying to buy one from Stockton Honda or another dealer.

Thanks!

Old 03-20-2007, 04:45 PM
I can do that when I get home. To be honest, they were trying to tell me it's a hot car etc... so, I'm not seeing why they'd let it go as a loss. I do know they wanted us to come back because my mother in law and fiance are planning on buying from them (an Accord and a Fit respectively)

It's been hard for them to even find one that he wants. The one I purchased came in the night before. They told us that usually they're only on the lot or in the showroom for a day to 3 days before going home. I dunno. I will get back to you though.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:28 AM
5 Year Member
My wife and I got our Civic EX sedan from San Leandro Honda in August of '06 thorugh their intener sales department. They are great! Their internet sales policy is to provide fair pricing to buyers and have people come back over and over again. They absolutely belive in Honda's customer service reports and their reputation. I went back to them for a Fit on September of '06 and they offered me bare 5 speed Fit in that light blue color for below MSRP. I was stuck on Red Sport AT. They offerd to place an order on one for me and warrned me up front that will take months with date changes for the worst. They were willing to do it at just below MSRP, too. Dealer trading was not an optin since nobody was willing to trade! I told them I can't wait that long. They did a search for me and provided me with a list od dealers California wide with incomming Red Sport AT. Based on that list I found my car in "stealership" and paid $500 over MSRP to get it 5 days latter. I was lacky since they wonted $21K for it! LOL! I talked them down. Basicaly it was worth to me to pay extra $500 and have it right away instead of infinite wait! If it was $1K or more I would have waited.
If you are in Bay Area and looking to buy a Honda contact San Leandro Honda and ask for
Christy Nguyen
Internet/Fleet Sales Manager
San Leandro Honda
510-347-5128
415-310-3610 cell
cnguyen@sanleandrohonda.dealerspace.com
www.slhonda.com

Tell her Ivan and Tamara Saban sent you. The couple that got a silver Civic EX sedan in August of '06 and whose picture with a car she posted on a wall in her office.
You wont be sorry! It is worth the trip for great pricing, great customer service and zero pressure experience. You will feel like tipping them by the time they hand you the keys!

Old 03-31-2007, 09:46 PM
Hi, I will be moving to Monterey Bay in Sept. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good Honda dealer preferably someone that sells Fits.. thanks

Old 04-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by raphido
Hi, I will be moving to Monterey Bay in Sept. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good Honda dealer preferably someone that sells Fits.. thanks
Val Strough Honda in Seaside! They do not mark any of their cars up, and they are the Costco recommended dealer in the Costco Auto Purchase program. I bought my Fit there last September. The Internet Sales Mgr. was Art Agpalasin at that time, not sure if that is still the case. Very professional people, no sales hassles or attempts to load on accessories.

BTW- Monterey Bay and San Francisco Bay are distinctly different areas, about 120 miles apart. Avoid Ocean Honda in Santa Cruz, CA, like the plague-- guaranteed rip-off!!!!!!!

Last edited by manxman; 04-01-2007 at 01:25 PM. Reason: add comment
Old 04-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanx manxman. I already have a manual sport (got it last Nov). I will drive it cross-country and was wondering if you would recommend the same dealer for service as well. I knew through the forum that people were going for surrounding areas of SF for purchase, so this seemed to be the closest thread to start with

Old 04-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by raphido
Thanx manxman. I already have a manual sport (got it last Nov). I will drive it cross-country and was wondering if you would recommend the same dealer for service as well. I knew through the forum that people were going for surrounding areas of SF for purchase, so this seemed to be the closest thread to start with
Yes, I would recommend this dealer for service if you will be living in the Monterey Bay area. Although this dealer is a one hour drive each way from where I live, I will probably go there for any warranty service that becomes necessary. I will do my own regular oil and filter changes. The one hour drive and time spent waiting for service is not too bad because of the tourist attractions in the area. You will be moving to a VERY NICE place to live- congratulations!

Dave