Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Norm Reeves - Huntington Beach, CA (Total Scum Bags)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Thumbs down Norm Reeves - Huntington Beach, CA (Total Scum Bags)

My story starts at Hardin Honda in Anaheim, CA. My friend just got his Fit Sport AT for 17,200 OTD from Hardin which seemed like great deal. So I called his sales guy at Hardin. He said there's 1 Stormsilver Sport AT in stock and they can give me the same deal. When I arrived and made a deal with him he said I can't drive off today because all the mechanics left for the day and can't check the car to make sure everything's ok. Bummer... I told him I wanted the car today, not tomorrow but I'll buy it and pick it up tomorrow. He goes to talk to his manager or something and comes back out, "actually the car's sold already". Oh ok... I'm guessing he gave my friend such a good deal they don't want to let him sell another one so low. "Can I interest you in a Honda Accord or Honda Civic?", he asks. "No thanks!" I told him.

I still wanted to get a Fit that day so I called around and got a hold of Norm Reeves Honda in HB. They said they have 1 Stormsilver Sport AT in stock. It's about 8:30 PM and all the dealerships are about to close. I told Hardin's situation of having no stock but they can do 17,200 OTD and if they can match it I'll come in. "No problem" they said. "We totally understand you want to drive off today, we can probably do better than 17,200! So stop by and we'll get all the paperwork done and you can have your new Fit tonight! Hurry we're closing but we'll wait for you" Awesome...

After about 2 hours of talking and filling out paperwork, haggling, credit checks etc... I got the price down to 17,150 w/ Floor-mats. What a great deal! That's 50 bucks less than what my friend got and I even get free floor mats.

After finishing with the sales guy who was actually really nice I then get moved to the General Manager (total douche) to sign the final paperwork. He sells me the factory alarm, I got him down to 300 bucks and decide to get it. Awesome, I thought...

Then he busts out the last piece of paper the invoice, and tell ms to initial here, sign here blah blah blah... I thought to myself how odd it was that he's rushing me through this form and how he's not really telling me the final numbers and stuff...

So I told him to wait while I review the invoice and he got a little annoyed and said, "Why?! We already discussed everything."

I look at it closer, the price of the car is 17,150. After tax + license and alarm it came out to 19,000 something. I was like this makes absolutely no sense. I thought we agreed on 17,150 OTD, this is way over MSRP even! He calls in the sales guy in to discuss the price. The sales guy said, "out the door? I have no idea what that term means, I'm new". What a f*cken, douchebag I thought to myself.

I ask the Manager douche firmly, "Can you do 17,150 OTD?". He then replies best I can do is 17,700 OTD... from 19k to 17.7k just like that... They were seriously trying to pull a fast one on me. "Sorry for wasting your time I said and I walked off the lot.

Stay away from Norm Reeves Honda.

I ended buying my Fit from Honda World. It was a very pleasant experience.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:09 AM
5 Year Member
Dude, I feel you man. I ended up paying 19K for my Fit cause of that shit. I decided to take as a learning experience and deal with it. They were total assholes (Norm Reeves,Cerritos) and will never buy from them again.

F*&k Norm Reeves.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by junior40er
Dude, I feel you man. I ended up paying 19K for my Fit cause of that shit. I decided to take as a learning experience and deal with it. They were total assholes (Norm Reeves,Cerritos) and will never buy from them again.

F*&k Norm Reeves.
I understand as I dealing with a similar situation at a local honda dealership. Dealers need to understand that the internet is a powerful place, it only takes one person to post somethign like this. Bad news travels faster then good news so hold Mr. Dealership before you try and **** ME on an agreed deal.

I would clean up your post and send it to the General Manager of the dealership.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:30 PM
It just really ticks me off how they'll tell you anything to get you to come in and then totally try to screw you.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
I paid 17,200 OTD there. You just got the shitty sales people, sorry to hear that.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
i had a similiar situation here in md, paid 19.4 when i left... they even charged me 350$ for mudflaps for my fit SPORT...they dont even make those for the sport! when i get the time ill have to bring it in there and show them and see what they can do...didnt think to read it before i left and was my first time buying a car...lame

Old 05-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Yeah I was also a first time buyer and they knew that. Probably why they tried to rip us a new one.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
What happens is that your/our excitment causes us to react and sign everything quickly so that we can get out and drive our new car.

From buying a car to a house, make sure you read the main points always. Don't be in hurry and always know there is another car out there that another dealer will sale you.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:46 PM
I'll never forget when I went to Norm Reeves Honda of Cerritos back in I think it was '89. I had done all the research since this was my first car, I wanted a CRX, and I was on a tight budget.

I was greeted the moment I set foot on the lot, stepping out of my BF's truck, by a salesman who immediately introduces himself as Deak. He asks me what I'm interested in and I tell him the CRX model HF. He asks me, "Would you like a test drive?" I say sure and he walks me right over to an Si model. I tell him, I'm sorry, but I would like to test drive the HF model, to which he smirks and says "this one is real similar." But, I go on to explain to him the engine specs and I really need the 45mpg.

So then, after I point out an easy to get to HF that I spot, he begrudgingly lets me go on the test drive. I find I am happy with the ride of the car and tell him I'm interested in purchasing it.

He then goes and copies down the sticker price (including any options on that particular car) giving it an msrp of about $12000. We then go into his office, and he begins ADDING to the price he copied for such things as undercoating, the A/C, and a few other options that I saw were already included in the price on the sticker to get the price up to $16000. To this I say wait a minute, those are already included on the sticker, plus consumer reports says with the options the msrp should be at about $12000, but they are selling at less right now--about $11000 is what I should be paying.

He then gets angry and says that Consumer Reports and the other sources I referred to are published 6 months out of date by the time they hit the shelves and that he was giving me a great price. I said , I'm sorry I think I have to look some place else. As I'm walking out he yells across the showroom, "Thanks for wasting my time!"

A week later I went to Norm Reeves Honda and got the CRX for $9200 plus tax, license, and doc--which was a little over $10,000 otd.

Last edited by SmurFit; 05-19-2008 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Location of NR Honda--I believe it comes from the management :(
Old 05-20-2008, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
The alarm they tried to sell you was also a scam... the sport model comes with it's own factory installed alarm, you don't need to pay anything extra..check out my other threads and you'll see lots of info on the alarm scam...good thing you walked out of there!

Old 06-12-2008, 10:31 PM
i bought mine from there in west covina with no problems. i first started at metro honda but they jerked me around fighting over an ebay armrest they wanted for 500 bucks.... anyways i left there and got to norm reeves dealer (only one to have a sport auto with no options). the problem you had was the fact they you ok'd the alarm, the finance managed tryed to do the same thing, and i just flat out told him no i dont want it and if you offer it to me again ill leave. so all in all when you pay this much for a car, READ THE FINE PRINT AND ASK QUESTIONS.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:49 PM
sorry for the double post