Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Pi$$ed 0FF by smarmy Honda Dealer! (Don't trust 'em!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by KenClunk
What dealer? I am getting my Fit from Jack Matia. I have called all the others and even shopped around a bit (secure with the fact that I have had my deposit at Matia for months now) and most of the area dealers suck. I am west side of Cleveland by the way. How about you?
Southside, Brecksville, actually. (but I work in Akron)

My order is through Pruitt in Akron. Although I know that as of this moment, Waikem in Massillon has the Blue Sport 5MT... I could, technically, go get it today, but I'll give the salesguy (Tim Palmer) a sporting chance.

Besides, I told him I could go get it from Waikem, and he practically begged me to give him a chance to find the car. Said he'd throw in three free oil changes, an extra tank of gas if I'd be patient. I said "throw in the cargo cover, too, and I'll be patient." Heee! It worked. I'm getting the cargo cover. Of course, I also told him that if he doesn't have a car for me by Friday, I also want the iPod connection. Heh. I'm such an a**.

Old 05-02-2006, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aywwsd
indeed... now arent you glad that you will never see that day??
I wouldn't count on that. A lot of things change in just a few years. Just look at how the internet has already changed business at the dealers.

Old 05-02-2006, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BKKJack
I'm confused. Shouldn't a business model be based on reality, instead of the other way around. I'm not a business man, so excuse my ignorance.
Well, it depends on how you are looking at it. In this case, everything needed to completely avoid the dealership already exists. However, old habits and business laws hold back evolution.

Old 05-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by watermelonman
I wouldn't count on that. A lot of things change in just a few years. Just look at how the internet has already changed business at the dealers.
nothing really has changed...

other then the consumers being more informed on their purchases, which makes my job easier.

i'd rather deal with an informed customer with some common sense (and make a mini deal), then some guy with no clue, but pretend to know everything (in which case, a lost cause and waste of my time).

Old 05-03-2006, 10:29 AM
i was getting angry just reading about your dealership because it reminded me of what my dealership did to me... except i actually bought from them! basically, after haggling, the manager came out and shook my hand on a price- "$16,400 OUT THE DOOR"... i said "out the door right? just straight $16,400 including everything?" and he said yes with a straight face. i figured they would honor that handshake but NOPE... they tacked on an extra $200 and only after i signed everything did we notice on the receipt that they had done it. i wrote honda a letter explaining what happened and how dishonest the whole thing was but i doubt anything will come of it.

so if you are in the gulf coast area...
DON'T BUY FROM PAT PECK HONDA

Old 05-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by sclaire
i was getting angry just reading about your dealership because it reminded me of what my dealership did to me... except i actually bought from them! basically, after haggling, the manager came out and shook my hand on a price- "$16,400 OUT THE DOOR"... i said "out the door right? just straight $16,400 including everything?" and he said yes with a straight face. i figured they would honor that handshake but NOPE... they tacked on an extra $200 and only after i signed everything did we notice on the receipt that they had done it. i wrote honda a letter explaining what happened and how dishonest the whole thing was but i doubt anything will come of it.

so if you are in the gulf coast area...
DON'T BUY FROM PAT PECK HONDA
Yeah cheating dealers seriously suck. It's too late for your purchase, but general rule next time is don't trust whatever they say unless you see it in writing first, and review what the costs are before you sign. Best of luck to see if you can get your $200 back... you can always try BBB.

Old 05-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Smile Experience buying a Fit

I also have an experience, it left a bad taste in my mouth, however, after reading your experience, I believe I shouldn't be upset at all.

I have been waiting for the Jazz for over 18 months, and typically buy any new small car model Honda makes,,,i.e, the only new Civic si never bought was the last Hatch 2002-2005.

In October I bought, site unseen a new Civic Si, paying 2K a month deposit until the red one I wanted showed up late Feb.

I paid list, plus a Bra and Compass Mirror, no haggle, full Price.

The Car is awesome to say the least. Better than RSX Type S with a Limited Slip.

When Fit was released, it was my wife's turn. She said enough of these Si 2DR Coupes, I have my Daughter's newborn to haul around I want 4 DRs.

After reading the Card and Driver review, She put 5K down on the first red Sport Manual. When it arrived, I expected some discount.

The Word I got was, "These Things are all Spoken For" no discount.

I Said, I just dropped almost 22K on a Civic, how about a slight break on this one. There are at least 50,000 coming. There WILL Be a day soon where these things will be sitting around waiting for a buyer and you WILL be discounting them, why not me NOW?,good customer etc.

Anyway, I asked for an MRSP of 15K without Delivery, and added $350 in Accessories, and after some crying and winning I got my way.

Ended up costing 16,400 with 996 in Taxes.

I guess I got a good deal.

This is a great Dealer, I have had them do Motor Swaps, and aftermarket stuff, that is not in any dealers usual bag of services.

They have been really good with me and I recommend them.

Jack Matia Honda in Elyria Ohio 440-366-5501

Old 05-07-2006, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aywwsd
nothing really has changed...

other then the consumers being more informed on their purchases
Many people use the internet to scan a larger range of dealers and negotiate prices from the comfort of their home, rather than working through a frequently heated and tense situation at the dealer. This completely changes the mentality of customer throughout negotiations.

The customer's mentality means everything to the deal. You'd think a salesman would know this, especially one that went out of their way to tell me I don't know anything about buying or selling cars.

Old 05-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Wink

Honda dealers,

Thanks for the reply about the dealers.

I believe that Honda at the Corporate would frown on some of the additude you can get from some of these people.

At any rate you are correct about doing most things over the net.

On a different not, Did anyone see the Road and Track article on the FIT?

Did the guy even DRIVE the car???

I doubt it. I am really getting suspecious about these Car magazines.

Here you have a magazine, where there is a massive Milti Page centerfold, (and then some), of the new Saturn SKY,,,, Pontiac 2 seat makeover, and on the Cover? the same car.

I believe that they say things and make opinions based not on the car, but on the potential, of next Month's or even the same Month's adverrtizing for the manufacturer og the vehicle being tested.

I have a story about the Editor of a day invite. I was invited to one of these, and you would not believe who sponsored the entire event.

Bruce

Old 05-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Report that to the consumer protection! Hoooo yeeahhhh

Old 05-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Ford tried and was eventually defeated. Dealer groups pay protection money to the politicians in their states to keep the manufacturers in check.
Ever know a politician to turn down a buck?
Probably driving free cars, too!