Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Redwood City Honda - NorCal (Bay Area)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 03:25 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Redwood City Honda - NorCal (Bay Area)

I bought a new 2009 Fit Sport (Blue/Stick/no nav) at RC Honda. The internet sale manager Alex was excellent to work with. I guess all buyers hate the price negotiation, but not for me - everything was done through email and RC Honda was able to match price with the competitor(s).

I was able get the price down to $16150 + doc/tax. Spent 2 hours on a Sunday morning at the store for paperwork and drove home with a big smile on my face.

Most definitely recommended!

Old 03-10-2010, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
I also bought my Fit at Redwood City Honda.

This review and rating is for Alex Asi (Internet Sales Manager) and him only. I was linked to Honda Redwood City through edmunds.com by filling out their online form to request pricing and stock on a Honda Fit. Alex was the first person to send me a personal email regarding my inquiry for a car. He had a few models I was looking for in stock. I drove down there to test drive the car and Alex was very knowledgeable about the car. I wasn't prepared to buy the car immediately, but Alex gave me a price quote (in writing) before I left.

When I came back to pickup the car, later that day, was where the fun began. This dealership tries to push 3 particular extras on nearly every new car they sell. 1) Alarm 2) Wheel Locks 3) Door Edge Trim. All are over priced and are money makers for the dealership. They immediately backed down on the alarm and removed that from the price. After much arguing and voices being raised they removed the wheel locks and left the door trim on (at a discounted price). Alex was absent from these negotiations, a dealer tactic no doubt, so I was stuck dealing with the finance manager. After the final price was negotiated, I was pushed the extended warranty by another person helping me with the paperwork. I declined that as well with little protest from the dealer.

So overall:
5 stars for Alex Asi
3 stars for the dealership experience as a whole.

P.S. The finance manager did come over to me and apologized personally for the way he acted regarding the negotiations after the deal was closed.
P.P.S The entire time I was at the dealership Alex was busting his ass. Helping multiple customers at the same time and I believe he did a lot of the prep work on my car, because the service department was closed. Deal with him and only him if possible.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ShotgunSi
I also bought my Fit at Redwood City Honda.
I agree - Finance department "push" everything... you just need to do your homework ahead of time and keep saying "no, no, no thank you".

On the other hand, Alex is a cool guy to work with. He told me that "off-the-record" - his job is to sell car(s) and he does not get commission... so he hardly care about the price - cheap price is good for him, because he can sell more cars.