Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Honda of Middletown, NY - not sure yet

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down Honda of Middletown, NY - do not buy from these clowns

So far it has been an OK experience. Ordered on Saturday, June 10th. Got a VIN today and an expected delivers from the 19th to 21st. Couple of issues:

1) Does the Sport come with an alarm installed? Honda website says yes. Dealer said yes but i am waiting to see.

2) Does the alarm keypad come integrated into the key itself or is it a separate unit. I made a point of asking because i dont want another box on my key ring. The dealer said the alarm does come integrated into the key. Again, we'll wait and see.

3) The dealer told me that the car comes with accessories installed (floor mats, cargo net, cargo tray, and dash trim kit when i ordered on Staurday. Then when i spoke to him today he says that "we have all of the accessories here waiting to be installed". I said "i thought they already came on the car because i would not have wanted them otherwise". he said that they pre-order them and they can't do anything with them. B.S right?

I think i am getting a good deal otherwise. paying MSRP with a good APR. The HFP rims i am getting with no markup i think.

Anyway, when i go to take delivery next week what options do i have if any of the above turns out to be incorrect (other than telling them to refund my deposit).

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by leonine; 06-21-2006 at 04:41 AM. Reason: changed icon on subject header
Old 06-14-2006, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
1) Yes

2) Yes - integrated on the key

3) BS...they built the cost into your final total. Search the net and you can find those Genuine Honda Accessories for much less than what the dealer is going to hammer you for.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks Wave for the tip!

Looking forward to meeting up at the next meet if i can.

Peace out!

Old 06-19-2006, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down

So i spoke with the sales manages this morning. He tells me that there is no way i can get the car without the accessories because that is how they order them. He said if i want to i can go to another dealer and pay 2000 over MSRP. What a jackass.

I'll tell ya we are really getting raped by these clowns because of the low supply high demand but that's the way it is with everything. So i guess i will be getting the car with them on. Pisses me off but what can i do other than wait another 6 months for the supply to catch up.

Old 06-19-2006, 12:00 PM
I would try Curry Honda in Yorktown Heights. Thats where i've bought my Hondas since 1988, including my 2006 Civic and the Fit when i'm ready to buy in a few months. Their service is great!

Old 06-19-2006, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks! i'll check them out.

Old 06-19-2006, 12:53 PM
leo,

I live in goshen and this is the first dealer i visited. I was just about to sign when he started jotting down a bunch of accessories. I asked him what he was doing and he said the car "comes" with all of this shit. I had just driven the one i was going to buy. He put down a "leather steering wheel wrap". I told him he must be joking. The car COMES with a leather wheel (sport). Then he was going to try and put a red dash kit on the car. I want nothing to do with that crap. He tacked on a bunch of extra other shit too and i was NOT happy. I went home, called around a bit. The guy at honda of nanuet (down by the palisades mall) told me he had a black m/t on lot. It was sold, but the lady was taking her time. He said if i come down and talk we can make some moves. He assured me there would be nothing additional on the car. It was the last day of the month (apr 29th) and they were looking to make quota. The guy was awesome. Totally cool with everything. He even took a 7k personal check (not supposed to). Gave me a rate almost 3% lower than prime. Just a great experience overall. Call them.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by phunklife
leo,

I live in goshen and this is the first dealer i visited. I was just about to sign when he started jotting down a bunch of accessories. I asked him what he was doing and he said the car "comes" with all of this shit. I had just driven the one i was going to buy. He put down a "leather steering wheel wrap". I told him he must be joking. The car COMES with a leather wheel (sport). Then he was going to try and put a red dash kit on the car. I want nothing to do with that crap. He tacked on a bunch of extra other shit too and i was NOT happy. I went home, called around a bit. The guy at honda of nanuet (down by the palisades mall) told me he had a black m/t on lot. It was sold, but the lady was taking her time. He said if i come down and talk we can make some moves. He assured me there would be nothing additional on the car. It was the last day of the month (apr 29th) and they were looking to make quota. The guy was awesome. Totally cool with everything. He even took a 7k personal check (not supposed to). Gave me a rate almost 3% lower than prime. Just a great experience overall. Call them.
wsup phunk!

That's exactly where i bought my 03 Element. They were great but they didn't have any sports in.

Needless to say my VBP came in so i went to middletown to drive it. Wow what a car!!!! After much BS i got the salesman to drop all of the accessories!

Then he tells me that the HFP rims i ordered are going to cost 200 dollars more than MSRP. I said i spoke to the parts manager and he could order them at MSRP but for you to order them i am supposed to pay 200 more. BS! He looked like a deer in the headlights! So i got em at cost plus tires at cost (no balancing fee either). These guys really pissed me off but i was not backing down. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt but that quickly passed.

Thanks for the reply! Look for me on the road.

Old 06-20-2006, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Good....

Stay tuned to the NY forums for our next NY/NJ/CT Honda Fit meet!

Old 06-21-2006, 09:04 AM
5 Year Member
Listen to WAVE and GettiNaFiT (ME) NY / CT / NJ MEET east coast start the BUZZ!!!

When we get a total of 10 cars!! THat will be HOTNESS!!

IF we can get 20 cars!! THat would be TOTAL HOTNESS!!!

Go to the North East New York area forum and post you are down or not!