Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Elk Grove Honda - Elk Grove California

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Thumbs down Elk Grove Honda - Elk Grove California

I took my civic hybrid into Elk Grove Honda last year to look into a Check engine light + battery light.

Trip #1 They told me that the battery (bought from them) that I installed was not tight and charged me $50.

Trip #2 They told me the battery cable were loose again. They tighten them and cleared the CEL. No charge

Trip #3 This time I checked the battery cables in front of them and they were tight. I gave them the car and asked them to check the back battery pack. They found nothing wrong reset the CEL. No charge

Trip #4 They told me the battery cables were loose again. At this point I told them to F@#$ off.

My mpg on the hrybrid had dropped from 40+ to under 26.

I took my car to Lodi Honda (Lodi California) I told them of my trips to elk grove and asked them to keep the car as long as needed to figure out why I was getting a CEL and battery light every week.

2 hours later they found that my battery pac was malfunctioning and they would replace it free.

A few days later I picked up the car and the CEL and engine was on. I left the car with them the next day they decided to replace both the cars ECU and the ECU that controls the rear battery pack.

This was a year ago and I have had zero issues. So F Elk grove Honda I will never go back and thanks to Lodi Honda I will be a customer for life.