Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Probs getting my Fit

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 03:47 PM
Probs getting my Fit

I got lucky with Benson Honda, they said last month they had a sivler mt sport coming in the beginning of July. I was really excited, especially after reading about other peoples wait time. Well, ~June 9th I got a call from them and my Fit was being built in Japan, my mom answered and didn't know to ask for a vin#. So, I wait a few weeks and call them today, I got my salesman on the phone at Benson and he tells me they have no idea where my car is, they haven't recieved any information from Honda and they do not have a vin#! But, he still confirms the car was being build in early June.

If any of you remember, I've had a couple issues with their service. First, they tacked on the int/ext protection plan stating I couldn't do anything to take it off. I had to talk to the sales manager to get it off, but had to trade it for accessories about equal to the cost of the protection. Next, I found on the invoice they were charging me more than 6.25% sales tax! I haven't brought this up b/c I was going to get an updated price on the car and double check the math again.

So, is this dealership really horrible or am I overreacting? Do you think with my haggling they are treating me unfairly and have maybe even sold my car to someone else that will take the protection? The stuff they are doing is really irritating me and now it sounds like they're just trying to get rid of me. But, it also might not be their fault at all and I'm just having a 1 in a million horrible experience. What do y'all think? (sorry for the length)

Old 06-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I got the exact same story from our dealership in Portland (Ron Tonkin Honda), that Honda isn't giving them any information right now, and they don't have a VIN either. Our build date was supposed to be June 5th, close to yours. Our car was supposed to arrive today originally (they said 25 days after build date is usually when the cars come in).

Also, they said that their dealership hasn't gotten ANY Fits in since they got the one I sat in at the end of May, which was purchased by one of the owners of the dealership.

I wonder if this is the after-effect of them moving more production over to the Civics?

I feel your pain

Old 06-30-2006, 04:07 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Okay, I just talked with our person at the Ron Tonkin, and here is what she said:

Honda changed their Build dates in the system... most of the ones that were 6/5/06 got changed to 8/10/06. She did say that since their dealership has a fairly large list of backorders that they should get some of the extra Fits that come into the port, though. She also said Honda swapped around their color build dates (they do them in chunks). Our friends were originally getting a blue with the same build date as our silver, but now their blue is listed as getting build on 7/10/06. My wife and I are first in line for our Silver Sport AT, so I'm just hoping one comes in before the 8/10/06 one.

She also did a search, out of curiousity, for MT Fits in Oregon, and as far as she could tell only TWO are being built for the next two months. CRAZY!

Old 06-30-2006, 04:47 PM
Ya, that clears some stuff up on your end hehe, hope you get it sooner than august too.

I called HondaUSA with a number I got off of the main website. The lady told me dealerships really have no clue what they're getting in, Honda builds 'em and ships 'em, basically they get what they get. She said that since they don't have a vin# for my car that they're probably hoping to trade for it with another dealership. It urks me that this guy swears up and down that they have a silver mt sport coming in but he doesn't have a vin! But, oh well, I called him again and told him that I still want the silver mt more than anything but I will take any mt sport as long as its not blue or orange. So, he now I'm on the top of the list for any unclaimed mt sport that isn't blue/orange. We will see, atleast I understand how dealerships work now, I just wish they wouldn't lie about something they actually have no idea about.

Old 07-01-2006, 02:03 AM
sorry, i think i missed your point. how much exactly are you paying out-of-the-door? did u actually BUY the car yet?
how much was the interest rate again that you really agreed with? and again, you can get your own auto loan from any of banks of your own choice and did u look for one?

Old 07-01-2006, 02:09 AM
Master FitFreaker
I got something like that from the first dealership I went to.... but glad I went else where man

Old 07-01-2006, 05:48 AM
5 Year Member
i bought my S2000 from Benson honda in San Antonio, worst service experience of my life.... Go somewhere else if you can find it at another Honda location.

Old 07-01-2006, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
My dealer couldn't get a VIN ahead of time. I had to pay for the delivery, tax & tags plus dealer prep, but it didn't include a protection package. Make sure they don't drill holes for the front plate, or put extra stickers and dealer emblems on your car. Honda does not require any of that stuff. My salesman said that their manager doesn't put those extras on because when he bought his first car with his first hard-earned money, the dealer put their garbage all over it. He swore that if he ever had a dealership, he wouldn't do it to his customers. They did put a front plate on, but didn't drill the bumper, and took it back off when I asked them to.

Old 07-02-2006, 06:24 PM
My Fit just came in last Tues (June 27) I ordered on May 3rd and was told it was to be constructed May 23rd. The 1st or 2nd week of June they told me I wouldn't get my car until the end of June-it was in Germany-no VIN #. Third week of June, I hear that the car may be in the beginning of July or later. It took almost 2 months to get this car and I was one of the first to order . It was worth waiting for.