Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

BAD DEALER! Joyce Honda, Denville NJ, USA

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
BAD DEALER! Joyce Honda, Denville NJ, USA

I've had my FIT for a little over a month now, but if anyone in the NJ area is looking to buy one at Joyce Honda, don't do it!! I went there the week after the FIT was released not knowing my time was about to be a big waste. So here is my story...I origionally wanted a white 5spd sport with black interior, so my father called a few dealerships to see what they had. One dealership about an hour away said that he had a white sport with tan interior and he knew a dealership (that only he could trade with- and he wouldn't tell us the name of) that would swap it for a white with black. Not wanting to drive all the way down there my father called Joyce Honda since it is only about ten minutes away from my home and they said if this other dealer could get the car they could get it too. So we went to Joyce and when I got there my Sales Consultant Ray Mattson told me it was absolutely impossible to ever get a white one because Honda was not going to send anymore for NJ or the surrouding states because it snows here. And the white one they said they could get "had someone's name on it." Ray asked me what my second color choice was and I really didn't have one but I told him it was Red, so he had someome look up the invintory for Red Manual Sports and Ray said "One is showing up we can have it for you in two days!" This got me excited so we filled out all the paper work and I gave him my deposit ($2500-cash) and then after the paper work was done Ray said to me "Since this is a brand new car it may take us up to two weeks to find you one." So we left and the waiting began...One week went by...nothing....two weeks, I get a call and Ray tried to tell me the same thing about Red FITs that he said about white ones- that Honda was not manufacturing them anymore and what was I ever thinking about wanting a white one. After i got off the phone I went online and started to look at dealer's inventory. Right away I found 3 white manual sports with black interior and a red one! Plus the origional white one I wanted that Ray claimed someone's name was on was never sold! I called my dad right away to show him Ray wasnt doing his job. The next day my dad called Ray and told him we found another car and if he can't get it we wanted our money back and we would do it ourselves. Ray promised he could do the switch because they were getting a black auto sport in and they would swap it out for the white one. Another week goes by and Joyce didnt get the black one in, so the other dealer sold the white one I found. On Friday My dad went to Joyce and screamed at anyone and everyone and they gave him my deposit back. So on Saturday we called Planet Honda in Union, NJ put a deposit over the phone on a Red Manual Sport that was on it's way. The delivery date was Thursday but it came early and I got it on Monday. I was so angry that Joyce Honda wasted three weeks of my time when my father and I were able to get it done in about three days! But once I saw my FIT at Planet Honda I fell in love with it right away! Plus Planet Honda had a white one too! But it was auto and a girl had her name on it, she picked it up that day too. But I was glad I got to see it in white, but I am definately happier with the Red.

*Sorry the story is so long, but i hope it helps people from going to this dealer and getting screwed over!*

Old 07-10-2006, 01:49 PM
I've been to this dealer too and found them to be very unhelpful. I went there excited and ready to buy a new car, and they didn't seem to care, so I went elsewhere.

I'm glad you eventually got what you wanted though!

Old 07-10-2006, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
thanks! yea after i went there and everything went wrong, a lot of people who have gone there told me they didn't like that dealership either

Old 07-10-2006, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
Tell Honda America! They rate the dealerships and even close them down if they get enough complaints.

Old 07-10-2006, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FondaFit
Tell Honda America! They rate the dealerships and even close them down if they get enough complaints.
my dad called them and told them what happened but they weren't much help either, but i think i'm gonna call them again. they sent me a survey in the mail so i'll probably fill that out too!

Old 07-10-2006, 03:04 PM
I sort of feel that Honda of America cares mostly about sales numbers... if a dealer sells a lot of cars, then Honda doesn't care about an unhappy customer here or there.

But yeah, definitely fill out the survey. It can't hurt.

Old 07-10-2006, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
the survey concentrates mostly on the dealership i bought the car from. there is only a few questions on other dealerships that i visited. so it's not very helpful but i'll give it a shot