Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Bait and Switch reports on dealers

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 06:57 AM
5 Year Member
Bait and Switch reports on dealers

I put this up to report bait and switch by dealers as it happened at many of the Honda dealers I went to when searching for my new Fit. I asked the salesmen for a silver, red or blue with Navi, New or Used and almost as if a script they would say "let me go put my hand on it to make sure we have it in stock" and get my information then say they had it. Then I would come and they say "it just got sold" and proceed to show me what they had in stock. It happened at 9 out of 10 Honda dealers and I let them know how displeased I was and whatever they showed me I would make a outright unbelievable low offer just to see if they would give it away, and of course they would balk and I would leave. But inevitably they would call me for weeks trying to get me back to sell me a Fit they said they wanted me to see, but it still wasn't what I had asked for. I know Fit supplies were tight during the summer but it was a classic bait and switch and I was not please at all and let the mangers know if they bothered to come and ask why I didn't buy their offer.........