Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Luther Hopkins Honda (Twin Cities MN)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Luther Hopkins Honda (Twin Cities MN)

Valerie Jackson of Luther Hopkins Honda (952-908-8644 Direct) is a fantastic salesperson. She helped my wife and me so attentively. When we asked for extra help, Valerie was always there for us with her ever-present smile. She kept promises, kept us constantly up-to-date on our order of the Fit, and treated us with respect, kindness and friendliness all throughout the process from the first e-mail exchange to the delivery. We highly recommend Valerie Jackson of Luther Hopkins Honda for anyone who is considering buying a Fit or any other Honda in the Twin Cities area and its vicinity.

I also like to add that Luther Hopkins Honda put no pressure on us whatsoever to get us to buy anything extra, be it a floor mat or an extended warranty. The financial part of the transaction was such a breeze that my wife and I were more like, "This easy? How could that be?" So we not only recommend Valerie, but also the entire dealership of Luther Hopkins Honda.

Old 12-16-2006, 01:28 PM
how much did you end up paying for your car out the door?
did you have trade in?
if so did they give you a good credit for trade in?

Old 12-16-2006, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
We paid $17,893.55 OTD for a Sport AT. The breakdown is as follows:

Car: 16,520.00 (includes 595.00 for destination)
Saes Tax: 1,073.80
License: 216.00
Transfer: 33.75
Doc Fee: 50.00
------------------------
Total: $17,893.55

We actually paid $45 below MSRP, although I do not know why (MSRP 15970 + Destination 595 = 16565). We are of course fine with it.

We did not have a trade. We did not finance through the dealership, either, nor did we buy a single piece of accessory or extra service option from them. In other words, we were lousy customers in terms of the dealership's profit margin. Yet, Luther Hopkins Honda's service, especially that of Valerie the saleswoman, was EXCELLENT. We could not recommend this dealership more.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by jacksan1

We actually paid $45 below MSRP, although I do not know why (MSRP 15970 + Destination 595 = 16565).
Looks like you got treated well too. I bought mine at Burekle Honda in White Bear Lake and also had a good experience. I think the $45 you saved was honesty on the part of the dealership.

Honda raised their destination charge from $550 to $595 at some point since the car was released in the US. I'm betting that you ordered the car before Honda raised the destination charge, and the dealer was simply honoring original charge amount. I was waiting for my dealership to try to pass this off on me, but they didn't and simply gave me a $45 credit for the difference - this is a good thing.....

Sounds like we've got it pretty good up here in MN compared to some other places around the country

Old 12-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by RedAndy
Looks like you got treated well too. I bought mine at Burekle Honda in White Bear Lake and also had a good experience. I think the $45 you saved was honesty on the part of the dealership.

Honda raised their destination charge from $550 to $595 at some point since the car was released in the US. I'm betting that you ordered the car before Honda raised the destination charge, and the dealer was simply honoring original charge amount. I was waiting for my dealership to try to pass this off on me, but they didn't and simply gave me a $45 credit for the difference - this is a good thing.....

Sounds like we've got it pretty good up here in MN compared to some other places around the country
hey...how long did u wait 4 your fit 4rm buerkle honda??
ive been waiting since early august 4 my MT Sport but switched to a AT sport...suppose to be here early/late JAN...

Old 12-27-2006, 07:57 PM
It was a loooonnnnnngggg 6 months - I ordered it at the very end of May, and just took deliviery at the beginning of December. Just stubborn, I guess, but I much prefer MTs, and since my old car wasn't dead, I just figured I'd wait. - They told me if I got an AT it would have been much sooner. My dad ordered his (twin of mine) sometime in June/July, and he should be getting his next month.....

Either way, it's a great car!