Any other Kansas City fit owners here?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 11:26 PM
A Storm Silver Sport, w/ automatic. I took delivery 8/31, after waiting only exactly 2 wks from time of placing deposit. The key to such a short wait? Having a great sales man (internet manager) who gave his story straight forward with no frills. I've read so many are having issues with getting a Fit...but w/ this gentleman, he gave me details of every car he had inbound, along with precise build dates & delivery estimates. So my buying experience (first new car) was really smooth.

No add-ons yet, except if you consider rubber floor mats.

I've got the K&N air filter on order. I really like the car the way it is as far as appearance and handling. I guess the only thing I'm really interested in changing would be to increase the car's power. One option is to go with bolt-on parts, if it can be shown that they produce reasonble increases for what they cost. I wouldn't pay $400+ for a muffler if it gives only 5 HP, to give you my perspective. A supercharger, if priced right, would be a single way of dealing w/ this. For now, I suppose I'll keep it stock and drive it!

Old 09-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by nyancey
I'm in Wichita, kinda far from KC but its the closest thread to me. I have a VBP Sport AT. I've had it for about a month and I absolutely love it. I haven't seen too many Fits around Wichita but I saw three in one day on a trip to Manhattan, KS. I occasionally make trips to KC but haven't been there since I got my Fit. I haven't seen a red one in person yet so I'll be looking for yours in KC in October.
TO NYANCEY:
I live around Wichita area, and I'm getting a blue Sport AT in about 2 weeks.
I am very excited!

Old 10-04-2006, 12:02 PM
OOoo, more mid-Westerners. My carpet-style floormats came Monday, just as promised by H and A Accessories. Now, just waiting for the FIT to get here. (2 weeks or so!!!)

I read about 'installing' the floor mats. If any person can screw up cutting carpet, it would be me. Maybe I'll just 'lay' them in there and see how it works. It would be nice for them to be hooked, though.

Hey, my folks bought me an Original California Duster. They have had one for a while and use it on their little COBALT. They love it. I also have a new lint brush to try and keep the interior nice. (I have a bichon that goes with me sometimes. Bichons don't really shed, but still...).

So far, it looks like my 'accessories' are all about appearance, not horsepower!!

Old 10-05-2006, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
GNBFit: Good to hear you are getting a VBP as that is one of the few colors I have not seen around town, other than my own. I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya in the coming weeks.

ladsfamily: I thought I was going to screw up cutting the carpet too, but its almost entirely precut and all you have to do is cut the connecting piece and pretty much just grab a flap and pull it out. Once you do one and see how easy it is, the other ones will take no time.

Good to see more Fits will be driving around the Midwest!

Old 10-09-2006, 12:28 PM
EGAD!!! I saw a Red Fit up close Sunday. I DIDN'T LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!

I hope I didn't like it because it was ALL covered in dust and looked very forlorn and unloved. I want a shiny one, and I want to keep it shiny, even if I have to wash it each week!!!!

EGAD EGAD EGAD EGAD!!!

Old 10-09-2006, 10:32 PM
GNBFit: Good to hear you are getting a VBP as that is one of the few colors I have not seen around town, other than my own. I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya in the coming weeks.

ladsfamily: I thought I was going to screw up cutting the carpet too, but its almost entirely precut and all you have to do is cut the connecting piece and pretty much just grab a flap and pull it out. Once you do one and see how easy it is, the other ones will take no time.

Good to see more Fits will be driving around the Midwest!
NYANCEY: my dealer just informed me that my VBP just arrived. One week early! WOOHOO! See you around Wichita!

Old 10-10-2006, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
ladsfamily: I'm sure that it didn't look good all dirty. The metallic element to the paint makes a huge difference when the car is clean. I'm sure when you pick yours up you will love the color. I love mine shiny as well, I wash it almost every week, unless rain is in the forecast.

GNBFit: Excellent news! You will be very pleased, I'm sure of it. Is your dealer Scholfield Honda?

Old 10-11-2006, 10:32 PM
What have you installed/modified/added to your Fit so far? Do you recommend to get an extended paint protection from Scholfield?

Old 10-11-2006, 10:33 PM
ladsfamily: I'm sure that it didn't look good all dirty. The metallic element to the paint makes a huge difference when the car is clean. I'm sure when you pick yours up you will love the color. I love mine shiny as well, I wash it almost every week, unless rain is in the forecast.

GNBFit: Excellent news! You will be very pleased, I'm sure of it. Is your dealer Scholfield Honda?
What have you installed/modified/added to your Fit so far? Do you recommend to get an extended paint protection from Scholfield?

Old 10-12-2006, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
Armrest and all-season floor mats. Plan on getting cargo floor mat, cargo cover and maybe tint. Didn't get paint protection, its a hatchback. Maybe if I got a BMW or a Porsche, but not a Honda hatchback.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:31 AM
I saw the same FIT this am on the way to work. Drove beside it a bit. It was cleaned up, and it did look better...but...the paint is very matte (which I guess I knew) and I WOULD like that metallic gleam. Oh well.. Next car...

Truthfully, I REALLY wanted the orange one, but my husband said he could NOT drive a 'pumpkin'. We both like red, but now I wish I had the blue or the white. (I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...)

My dealer said all their allocated FITs were sold through JANUARY!!!

Come on, TUESDAY!!!! (That's supposed to be the day!!!)

Old 10-13-2006, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
Just be glad that you are getting ANY color, at this point. I would hate to have to wait until January or later for my Fit. I'm sure you will love the Red once you get and never think about owning any other color again. Maybe your husband can get a blue or white one in February so you can have one of each!

Old 10-13-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm sure you're right. Saw a girl sitting in a parking lot in a Silver...pulled up next to her and started chatting. She's had it two months...she didn't want Silver, but didn't want to wait for another color...

Aren't we funny?? Color stuff, which is really not important....

So, out in public I've seen one Red Fit back in July (on a bright sunny day), a second Red Fit dirty, and again on a cloudy day (can tell by the bumper sticker), this Silver one, and the Orange one. Saw a black one and a white one at dealer lot, and yet no blue at all!!!

Boy, I hope by this time next week I'm driving happily around in my Red Fit!!!

(did you ever attempt your paint touch up)?

Old 10-13-2006, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
No, I've been too busy to attempt it. Hopefully soon though. Again, I will try to take some pics and post if I can remember.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:27 PM
(sung as Mamas' and Papas')...
Monday, Monday...ta da, ta..dada da.
Monday Monday, so good to me,
Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be....

Today I go get my FIT after work!!! I hope I like the RED. My son saw a blue one this weekend and thought it was really pretty. Husband and son want blue, but we got RED! Oh well!!! Like nyancey said, a matching one later !! (not; but I can dream...)

Old 10-16-2006, 06:44 PM
There is now one more fit in KC. I just got my VBP M/T base fit in today

Old 10-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Vesper Ignis
Welcome...which dealership did you buy from?

Old 10-17-2006, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vesper Ignis
Congrats! Wow, a M/T! How long was your wait time? How do you like the base, I've only talked to people who have the Sport. I have a VBP as well, but, obviously the Sport model. Woo hoo for VBP!

Old 10-18-2006, 06:09 PM
I bought it from Jay Wolfe. I ordered it June 24th and it arrived the 16th of October. As far as how I like the base, I like it alot. I couldn't justify the extra expense for the sport.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:37 AM
I LOVE driving my FIT!!! I pulled up beside the other RED FIT in traffic, and I swear they are two different shades of RED. How odd is that??? I like my shade of RED. It's brighter than the other one. How can that be?? It's a Sport, but of course I can't tell if it's A/T or M/T. My own Mom said they were different shades of red, too. (She doesn't necessarily like to agree with me, so I don't think I'm dreaming here).

I used the Original California Duster on it... worked great!!! So great that I bought the Dashboard size. Both for under $25 at Walmart.

I've used over 1/2 tank of gas. Will be anxious to find out the mileage...mostly city driving...a little 'on the road'.

Oh, my VIN is somewhere 22,000 plus. I need to look again. My bumpers don't seem to be touching the body, but we'll see if any paint issues arise. I'm now parking in a parking garage and taking the shuttle close to my work. Hassle, but worth it for my little FIT.

Quick Reply: Any other Kansas City fit owners here?