King Motorsports
Through the years King Motorsports has always maintained cutting edge technology through our racing efforts. There is no better proving ground! From a 45-minute sprint race to the demands of a 6-hour endurance race, King Motorsports and Mugen performance products have always powered the champions! This is the same race-winning technology that King Motorsports and Mugen uses to produce performance products for your Honda or Acura automobile! From the high banks of Daytona to the "Kink" at Road America, we have proven our products again and again.

Mugen Header for Fit - Install Pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by GenOkieDokie
Im just gonna set the record straight. This is why the import game is headed for disaster. U are not a car guy if u drive a automatic, ur a momma's B***h. Plus u got jerked when u bought that boring automatic with the price difference. Whomever drives a automatic and thinks he's cool should drive off a cliff or have there L's taken away. Funkin Bums!
relax gangsta,i drive a m/t though.

how hard was the install?any pics for diy?

Old 10-26-2007, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
Im just gonna set the record straight. This is why the import game is headed for disaster. U are not a car guy if u drive a automatic, ur a momma's B***h. Plus u got jerked when u bought that boring automatic with the price difference. Whomever drives a automatic and thinks he's cool should drive off a cliff or have there L's taken away. Funkin Bums!
hahaha this is hilarious!!!! that is a waste though... mugen header on a f'n auto

Old 10-29-2007, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by zer0sk8ordie
hahaha this is hilarious!!!! that is a waste though... mugen header on a f'n auto

the difference in gains between slapping this on a manual or automatic are probably next to nothing.

in the same vein that an automatic is a 'waste' this argument could also be applied to spending a lot of dough on an entry level subcompact in general.(albeit a nice one)

in a world were ricers can get away by having street cred from driving a manual but having a ginormous wing and suicide doors, i'd say that a tastefully souped up auto fit is nothing to cry about.

geez get real guys.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
fa reel tho homes, thats the truf! (what's an L, by the way?)

every real racer knows that the ferarri F430 and the evo X with their semi-automatics are total weak sauce!

i forget if it was GenOkieDokie or Vin Diesel that said this in Fast and the Furious:

"You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! You almost had me?"

i would feel honored if i could even drive a manual poorly enough to hear this from him; alas, i have an automatic, so i don't even qualify for this minimal level of awesome.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
my wife thinks your english sucks.
english is her 5th language.
she recommends you send your posts to this user name first for her to proofread.

(she's not very happy about you making fun of her automatic)

Old 12-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by biblicone
Wow. Now that is some intelligent advice. I couldn't have said it more eloquently myself. I am going to drive my car off a cliff the next chance I get. Thanks GenOkieDokie.

lmfao hilarious response. genokiedokie quit bein an ass some people like the convenience of AT's so don't hate. do what you do homie.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:28 AM
This is a good reason why also. To grow as a forum and as an import world you can't start bashing each other. Manual doesn't own Auto in all aspects. Also why is a exotic or high end/sports car being compared to the performance on the Honda Fit?

Either way I love the Header and everything was simple to install.

Last edited by Hocker; 12-12-2007 at 08:30 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
not to be part of the beef here but any result on that header yet...

Old 12-13-2007, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
not to be part of the beef here but any result on that header yet...
As far as dyno numbers? Im waiting for a couple more products to come in before I goto the dyno. Id rather do a lot of testing in one day than spread it up over several visits ($100 an hr)

I personally like the nice low end tq from the header and the quality is great.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hocker
As far as dyno numbers? Im waiting for a couple more products to come in before I goto the dyno. Id rather do a lot of testing in one day than spread it up over several visits ($100 an hr)

I personally like the nice low end tq from the header and the quality is great.
damn 100$ for an hour... wow the shop that i go to they are asking 75$... cant wait for the result man

Old 12-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
damn 100$ for an hour... wow the shop that i go to they are asking 75$... cant wait for the result man
Well our cost is around that but he isn't consistant. Either way to do proper testing it will take time and I do not want to wait on other parts when I should be able to do a lot in one day.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
Well the seat of the pants dyno seems positive

Do we have any before and after real dyno's for this header?

Old 12-26-2007, 01:50 PM
I do not yet. But as stated in a few other threads with this header, the axle back mugen exhaust and drop in filter I managed to drop almost 2 seconds in the 1/4 and add about 7-8mph to my trap speed. We are still waiting on a few more things before we hitup the dyno.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hocker
I do not yet. But as stated in a few other threads with this header, the axle back mugen exhaust and drop in filter I managed to drop almost 2 seconds in the 1/4 and add about 7-8mph to my trap speed. We are still waiting on a few more things before we hitup the dyno.

the axel back is the Titanium one right? those are some great numbers, and it sounds like the butt dyno would agree! i love the fact that the header itself increases low end torque.

Old 01-13-2008, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
I have the Mugen drop in filter and Ti exhaust and notice a good seat of the pants increase in power. Plus with the test pipe now it sounds even meaner and feels like I picked up a few more ponies.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:21 AM
They have 2 differant axle backs but yes I have the titanium

Old 01-14-2008, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
ah ok. doesn't the othe one not really clear our bumpers as nicely though? either that or i just didn't like the way it looked over the ti.

as nice as the T.I. is though, i still thing fujistubo will be gettin my dollars...especially since they want 3 times as less. but its hard to argue with mugen quality.

if only they had released their spec d supercharger. not only would it have been rare, but it was effing forced induction from the most anti f.i. peopleon the planet!

Old 01-15-2008, 05:30 PM
I know the titanium doesnt really go well with the oem bumper. With the professional rear bumper it goes very well. It doesnt look bad at all you can see the pictures of my car that it doesnt look bad, least to me anyways.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:08 PM
any sound clips Hocker? pics?

Old 04-01-2008, 05:17 PM
uh, the Fit Sport has the Paddle Shifters......which help out ALOT in getting the most out of the motor on the AT Fit. how much faster is a MT compared to a AT with paddle shifters......is it THAT substantial??? curious.

Quick Reply: Mugen Header for Fit - Install Pics