Avoid Shack Findlay Honda!!! Warranty void due to bad work!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down Avoid Shack Findlay Honda!!! Warranty void due to bad work!

Honda has voided my warranty on my dash and everything connected to it.
Shackfindlay honda replaced my whole dashboar after they destroyed during a stereo replacement under warranty. Ever since its been shaking.
They also scratched up the new dash, it looks aweful. As you can see below, they even used crazy glue to put the dash back together again.
Anyways after 10 attempts, I took it to Desert Honda, to repair, but Big Kevin at America Honda Motors voided my warranty, go figure, geniune honda parts, factory authorized service. He said since it wasn't replaced
under warranty, its not their problem.

So my dash is all messed up, my carfax reports numerous dealer services, and my warranty is voided on the dash & everything connected to it. All

due to incompetent mechanics at shackfindlay honda.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
Time to call HOA with a quickness.

Steve

Old 05-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Definitely call HOA. Ill tell Shack Findlay that I am worried about their service due to this problem.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
It was America honda motor, that voided the warranty.
I don't know who to call???

Old 05-03-2007, 05:49 PM
am sure I don't understand,a warranty is a legally binding contract,if due to one warranty replacement,a factory authorized dealer damages another item,they would be libel.I don't see how the warranty can be arbitrarily voided by hoa,if they don't want to honor it,I would contact the state attorney general consumer affairs office,the better business association, my suggestions

Old 05-05-2007, 10:27 AM
What I would suggest is that you get with Shack Findlay Honda and get a copy of all the work you had them perform. Then forward a copy of this work history to 'Kevin' along with a letter outlining exactly what happened. The reason I say this is because in the letter it states that previous work was done by Honda West when you state that it was done by Shack Findlay. Additionally when you get in touch with Shack Findlay talk to a manager person, get their name, get their phone number. Forward this information on to 'Kevin'. Sounds to me like there was some miscommunication between the new service center(Desert) and HOA.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
Angry

Good eyes, they made a mistake naming honda west.
I have talked several times with kevin, apparently he is the one
who makes the decision at AHM, he understands my situation
quite well, but refuses to help any. He says its all the dealers responsiblity.
So I'm stuck with a car with a bad warranty, that I can no longer
customize!

Old 05-07-2007, 05:29 PM
I told my salesman at Shack Findlay that some of the LV people were unhappy with their dealership and why. Maybe he'll let management know that other people are mentioning and help them realize it's not worth the petty cash to lose customers.

Ryan

Old 05-07-2007, 08:38 PM
so you went into shack findlay an authorized honda dealer,for warranty service on a radio.While performing that warranty service,they screwed up the original dash,they took it upon themselves to replace it,(with or without your approval)Because honda of america did not screw it up,their authorized service dealer did,they say"hey its the dealers problem not ours and its your problem to hassle it out with them,not ours.I don't buy that,and once again I'll say this you shouldn't either.Have you tried going back to shack findlay to either get them to replace the dash and fix the rattles,or accept responsibility for having another dealer fix it to your satisfaction at their expense?I have looked at my warranty booklet briefly and it mentions in print the better business bureau as the arbritrator for warranty disputes.If by some chance their is some diabolic small print that somehow absolves them of damage done by their authorized service facilitys in warranty repairs,which I have not read somewhere.Then its shack findlays responsibility to return your property back to factory standards,if they refuse,and the bbb cannot make them budge.No way you take it wazoo wise and leave it with a minor application on fitfreak of urine visa vie shack findlays' goodname.If all else fails,by way of calm reason and pursuasion,the legal system upon which our society stands is your resort,Why not contact a consumer advocate with your state attorney generals office?they may assist you with information or even sue shack findlay on your behalf.Though I doubt that would become necessary .