Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales This area is for private individuals or small merchants to list NEW Products For Sale or to Organize Group Buys. Unlike "FIT VENDORS" on the forum, the staff of FITFREAK does not perform any background checks on individuals listing product offerings in this sub-forum. Payment is required in order to list your product in this sub-forum. CLICK HERE for payment details and instant Thread Posting access to this sub-forum.

DecalDude's body panel vinyl overlays

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 04:38 PM
DecalDude's body panel vinyl overlays

these will be sheets that are 48" wide by x amount of feet, right now i have matte black since it looks sweet on all cars.. If you are in the southeast GA. northeast FL area i would be more than happy to give you a hand as well.

And incase anyone has any doubts that i dont know what i am talking about with car wrapping, here is my NHBP SI that i did all by myself.

Name:  DSC_0124.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  35.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0130.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  33.4 KB

Last edited by DecalsDude; 08-08-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
pretty sweet I must say, wish I could see a fit in person before I take the plunge. I wonder how the front lip between the fogs on a GD3 would look like done, hmmmmm......

Old 01-15-2010, 02:57 AM
5 Year Member
we need bigger and better pics

Old 01-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by xonexlifex
we need bigger and better pics
sorry that is as big as the pics are. and incase anyone is mistaken, the white is vinyl and the black is the actual car =). so an example to show you guys i know what i am talking about when it comes to vehicle wrapping.

here are a couple peoples car i sold some to before, looks hot.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
:O

I want a carbon fiber roof!! I wish I could put this stuff on myself, but I'd probably screw it up big time. I've been looking into carbon fiber accents for my Fit, though. Some B-pillars and bowls for the doorhandles... the roof would go perfectly. Hmm. Maybe when the weather warms up a little, since I can't put the rest of the stuff on until the spring weather hits.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by VaMPKiSS1
:O

I want a carbon fiber roof!! I wish I could put this stuff on myself, but I'd probably screw it up big time. I've been looking into carbon fiber accents for my Fit, though. Some B-pillars and bowls for the doorhandles... the roof would go perfectly. Hmm. Maybe when the weather warms up a little, since I can't put the rest of the stuff on until the spring weather hits.
that dry look carbon fiber vinyl is actually very very easy to work with. with someone helping you should be able to do the roof in like 20-30 mins easy. only downside is it is pretty expensive, but i guess that is to be expected when it is unlike any other vinyl on the market

Old 01-15-2010, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
I wish you were in TX...I'd have you do my roof and the rear diffuser area.

Sheesh, I'm in the boonies and all these rednecks don't know how to do anything--and in Dallas, they want to either look at you like you're stupid when you ask or rape you on the install.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
I wish you were in TX...I'd have you do my roof and the rear diffuser area.

Sheesh, I'm in the boonies and all these rednecks don't know how to do anything--and in Dallas, they want to either look at you like you're stupid when you ask or rape you on the install.
yeah install is where a lot of places rape you on price. it really isnt all that hard to do. especially a flat area like the roof. 2 people can knock it out easily in under 30 mins. and of course i supply squeegees with each order to make it easier

Old 01-15-2010, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
LOL, yeah I bet it'd be easy for someone that knew what they were doing--I promise, I'd find a way to completely mess it up. I'd be cussing my @$$ off, lol.

I want to see some above shots of Fits with vinyl on the roof. I'm sooo in love with that look.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
Mine VVVVVVV. Vinyl supplied by username Don Nguyen

Old 01-18-2010, 06:44 AM
5 Year Member
interested in a sheet of gloss black vinyl big enough for my roof dude.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
LOL, yeah I bet it'd be easy for someone that knew what they were doing--I promise, I'd find a way to completely mess it up. I'd be cussing my @$$ off, lol.

I want to see some above shots of Fits with vinyl on the roof. I'm sooo in love with that look.
Its not as hard as it looks. I have some roland printers and use 3m controltac which makes it very easy to apply to cars. it conforms well. Im sure if decalsdude sent you a sheet of vinyl with some instructions on how to hinge it, you could do it with a buddy. just be sure to remove your drip rail covers and re-install after the vinyl.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
I want to do the roof of my GD3 are you supplying enough extra around the edges? Also if you could give me a write up of step by step from removing the moldings and the antenna. Applying the vinyl (best method {wet?} ). Then re-applying the moldings and antenna without screwing up the vinyl. If you can do this i'll send you the $40 when you reply. Thanks!

Old 01-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Ciggy
I want to do the roof of my GD3 are you supplying enough extra around the edges? Also if you could give me a write up of step by step from removing the moldings and the antenna. Applying the vinyl (best method {wet?} ). Then re-applying the moldings and antenna without screwing up the vinyl. If you can do this i'll send you the $40 when you reply. Thanks!

yes you will get plenty enough that it will go well past the edges, just use a razor to trim it up to where you want it to tuck in the molding, that is why i dont do the whole precut thing, too many people have messed up while doing that.

as for the molding you can just pull it up a little and push the vinyl under. as for the antenna i am not to sure on how it gets removed, im sure there is probably a thread on here if you want to look, i will see if i can find something.

as for applying it, wet will be the best way to prevent mistakes, will also make it easy to do it by yourself, just use some water with a little soap in it, or i use stoners glass cleaner and it works very well. i also include a squeegee to make applying it easier.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Ciggy

yes you will get plenty enough that it will go well past the edges, just use a razor to trim it up to where you want it to tuck in the molding, that is why i dont do the whole precut thing, too many people have messed up while doing that.

as for the molding you can just pull it up a little and push the vinyl under. as for the antenna i am not to sure on how it gets removed, im sure there is probably a thread on here if you want to look, i will see if i can find something.

as for applying it, wet will be the best way to prevent mistakes, will also make it easy to do it by yourself, just use some water with a little soap in it, or i use stoners glass cleaner and it works very well. i also include a squeegee to make applying it easier.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Hey ciggy, me and fitdeez will be ordering ours real soon.. if u wanna wait, we'll save some money buying enough for 3

Old 01-18-2010, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hondaFORlife
Hey ciggy, me and fitdeez will be ordering ours real soon.. if u wanna wait, we'll save some money buying enough for 3
That sounds great! Just remember that mines a GD3 so it might be a little different in size. Let me know when your ordering and the price! PM Me!

Old 01-18-2010, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
just a quick question, what brand of vinyl do u use?

Old 01-18-2010, 10:09 PM
oracal, 3m, FDC. only quality name brands, i dont use cheap crap that fades and peels as i am sure people have seen on decals people put on their cars

Old 01-18-2010, 10:11 PM
who wants some vinyl??

Last edited by DecalsDude; 08-08-2010 at 08:13 PM.

Quick Reply: DecalDude's body panel vinyl overlays