Any Fit Owners in New England?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Any Fit Owners in New England?

Anybody?

I'll be picking one up after winter, I can't wait.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:48 AM
I have a depositon on a red sport at Boch in Norwood, but I won't see it until late August at best.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:25 PM
How was your buying experience at Boch? (I'm moving to Providence from Arizona in September, and am planning on going Fit-stalking, once I get a job in PVD.) Would it be too personal to ask what you paid?

Urb

Old 07-28-2006, 11:35 PM
I'm still waiting. They quoted me MSRP and took a credit card that they didn't charge. Whether it actually comes in when they claimed and whether it has dealer add ons to jack the price up I don't know.

I don't have a build date or VIN and I was told late August but that I should be able to call next week and get a build date and better guess. The only other dealer so far willing to let me put a deposit on something on their sheet was Chambers, who had the same no build date, no VIN, but was telling me September/October.

It's so cute. I just hope I don't lose my mind waiting I've already waffled on the color and asked if they were getting any blues in with the same "manifest" they have my red listed on. (I thought blue=boring until I saw some of the pictures here. It's such a pretty blue.)

Old 07-29-2006, 02:07 PM
Keep us posted! I'm going to insist on a Sport 5MT -- which I gather means it's going to be tough to get one and may require months of waiting -- but will have another set of wheels while waiting. My only previous new-car buying experience was with an '88 Hyundai Excel, which I bought from Muzi in Needham in October of '87. Back then, we didn't have discussion forums to gather intelligence, to get past the dealer BS -- but I brought in their ad in the Sunday Globe, that touted a base model for $5295. Slapped it down on the desk and said, "This is the car I want." The guy figured out I was serious and wrote up the sale....

Urb

Old 08-14-2006, 07:52 PM
OK, Kathy -- it's late August (well, middle anyway). Any news on your Fit?

Urb (setting sail for PVD after Labor Day)

Old 08-14-2006, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah. got a red base fit at in April and am very happy with it. Live in Berkshire County.

Old 08-14-2006, 08:12 PM
LOL no nothing yet, I'll call last week of August. I really don't expect it until middle of September.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
CT here... although I moved from MA and still make a lot of trips up there (see a lot of you are from there). I just put the deposit down on the NHBP AT Sport aug 8th and have to wait til nov/dec but its worth the wait. I havent seen any Fits on the road around here... I'm starting to believe they just exist on the west coast.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Well, for what it's worth, I haven't seen a Fit in northern Arizona, either. Lots of Toyota Matrixes (Matrices?), but not a Fit to be seen!

Urb

Old 08-29-2006, 10:29 PM
I'm ordering mine this week.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
cool, what color? MT or AT? base or sport?

Old 08-30-2006, 02:17 PM
WOOOOOT!!!!

I just got a phone call. My Fit is here and I can pick it up tomorrow evening!!

Old 08-30-2006, 02:44 PM
Talking

We'll be getting a Vivid Blue, Sport, Manual

I have big plans for this sucker... Although it will be my wifes daily driver, it will be getting the treatment just like the my S2000.

However the timeframe I have will allow me to have a pile of parts waiting to be installed... long before the car shows up. Sounds like it won't be here until Dec, so I won't be putting the parts on until spring time. But come next spring the car will be in the shop getting an extreme makeover for like 2 weeks

Old 08-31-2006, 04:32 PM
darkknight,

Boston Fit owner here and I was wondering if you would know of any shops that would install parts that i have on my fit or even a Honda tech that i can consult with and meet. Been looking online but havent found any as of yet. Nice S2K btw.

Old 08-31-2006, 04:58 PM
Just stumbled upon this thread, but I am a New England Fitfreak, too. I also bought mine at Boch...they seem like the only place that has any decent amount on shipments. I've had it since the end of May and its great. Boch is ok.....same crap you deal with at any dealer pretty much, but its straight up MSRP...no haggling. The $300 documentation fee is the only fee, but is a bit higher than you normally see. It might be worth haggling to get some of that dropped. I was able to talk them down 200 off the top of the car. Anyway, good luck!

Old 08-31-2006, 06:07 PM
I can do install work for you. You can come to my house and I can do it for you. We're currently moving out of our lease space because the landlord broke the lease so we have decided to leave the space. So for now I'll have half the shop in storage and the other half at my house.
Until we finish dealing with him we're holding off leasing a new space... It totally wrecks the business I have coming in but this guy just doesnt understand how to be a landlord.... at all. But we still do work.

You can PM and let me know what you need done. I don't want to be selling anything on the board, and break the rules, so just PM me. I'm trying to become a sponsor here though so that will help.

Just let me know.
-John

Old 09-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Rhyno
Just stumbled upon this thread, but I am a New England Fitfreak, too. I also bought mine at Boch...they seem like the only place that has any decent amount on shipments. I've had it since the end of May and its great. Boch is ok.....same crap you deal with at any dealer pretty much, but its straight up MSRP...no haggling. The $300 documentation fee is the only fee, but is a bit higher than you normally see. It might be worth haggling to get some of that dropped. I was able to talk them down 200 off the top of the car. Anyway, good luck!
How do you like your Fit, now that you've had it a few weeks?

Maybe once I get my job situation sorted out here in Providence, I'll drop by Boch (with some printouts from various people around here, showing what they paid -- I've found you should never show up at a car dealer without documentation, so they know you're serious and can't be snowed) and see what's cooking....

Urb

Old 10-18-2006, 02:37 PM
just stumbled upon this board!

just ordered an 07 Fit Sport AT silver should be arriving in 4 weeks! want it in time for thanksgiving!

cheer
Bloke

Old 10-23-2006, 09:00 AM
5 Year Member
Hey New England'ers!! Skiing season is just around the corner! Lets configure a Snow meet! The guys down here in the NY metro area are down! Lets think ahead! Post up ideas and start a new thread here!

Quick Reply: Any Fit Owners in New England?