How much are you guys paying for used Fits in the area? - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Old 04-04-2014, 02:57 PM

How much are you guys paying for used Fits in the area?

Gonna go check out a (private sale) used Fit Sport on Monday, and have checked out a few used ones at dealerships. I know dealers aren't willing to go down a whole lot on new Fits because of the low markup, but what are the used ones going for? KBB value?

On that note, has anyone gotten a used Fit from a dealership at a low markup over the trade in value? I offered a used dealership $1k over trade in just to see what he'd say, and he just said "no" and didn't even try to negotiate back with me.

Last edited by Prog64; 04-04-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:34 PM

I'd us what dealers use. NADA Home Page. You are right about the mark-up. There isn't much at all. You must keep in mind that most buy used 1yr old to get out of the mark-up that depreciates as soon as the car leaves the lot. So that said, the mark-up is gone on a used car. I'd move on to other dealers that really wanna sell cars. Post pix and info if you like so we can give u a guess. Right now we don't have a link to see it.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae View Post
I'd us what dealers use. NADA Home Page. You are right about the mark-up. There isn't much at all. You must keep in mind that most buy used 1yr old to get out of the mark-up that depreciates as soon as the car leaves the lot. So that said, the mark-up is gone on a used car. I'd move on to other dealers that really wanna sell cars. Post pix and info if you like so we can give u a guess. Right now we don't have a link to see it.
The one I'm looking at is private sale, KBB says $11.8 is good condition value, he wants $12k. Haven't seen it yet, but supposedly in excellent condition, except the tailpipe of another vehicle scraped some paint off of the front bumper in his driveway. That combined with 40k miles and still original tires is making me think an $11k offer is fair, but I want to make sure I'm not off the mark. My girlfriend is the one buying and I want her to get a good price (while also not ripping anyone off).