Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

First Pics of my crashed up fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 08:04 PM
First Pics of my crashed up fit

The basic story: This guy is coming down the street. Hits someone backing out of a space, hits a parked car into another car... KEEPS GOING and smashes His van into another van that goes into my car... which goes into a Ford expedition. There was construction before all of this and it is a side road. So he should have been doing 20… probably was doing at least 40. And at no point from hitting the first car did he put on his brakes (no skid marks whatsoever).

And yet, the Officer gave a ticket to the girl who was backing out.

When this happened I was inside the building. So I come out to this scene. It was horrible. I only bought my fit about a week before. The estimate is about $8,000 and will take about 24days … sigh.

The first one here you can see the my black fit smooshed in there. (this is about 20-30 feet from the first car he struck)

This second one is a close up of the van all up against the driver side.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:08 PM
omg i would go ape

Last edited by T-Funk; 03-07-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:11 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
someone would get their ass kicked for that

Old 03-07-2007, 08:35 PM
ouch..

Old 03-07-2007, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by WhatFreshHell

And yet, the Officer gave a ticket to the girl who was backing out.
I don't understand how you can ticket someone who has to maneuver out of a position where traffic cannot be seen from either direction. It seems to me that the person who can see what is going on should be the responsible party. It also pisses me off when people honk at you when you are backing out of a parking spot as they speed by. Am I wrong?

Old 03-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
That's the worst parking job i've every seen!!!

Out of all seriousness, I'm surprised that they only quoted you $8k. It looks alot more.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Paulo107
someone would get their ass kicked for that
I was yelling my head off when I saw what happened... heh, I'm not sure what would have went down if the Officer wasn't already on the scene...

Originally Posted by osborne
I don't understand how you can ticket someone who has to maneuver out of a position where traffic cannot be seen from either direction. It seems to me that the person who can see what is going on should be the responsible party. It also pisses me off when people honk at you when you are backing out of a parking spot as they speed by. Am I wrong?

I didn't get it either. I thought for SURE that the dude was going to get a speeding ticket. Or something to do with wreckless driving...

Originally Posted by Toy Yoda
Out of all seriousness, I'm surprised that they only quoted you $8k. It looks alot more.
Yeah, I'm thinking that they will find more when the actual repairs start happening.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Wow.. I'd be pissed. Especially for the cop giving the person backing out the ticket. I don't understand the police logic sometimes...

Old 03-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeah road rules are ***, especially for parked cars...it is the responsibility of the person backing out to make sure it is clear before they back out into traffic. The guy moving should have been going much slower and the cops shoulda gave him a ticket for speeding in a parking lot. I believe it is a 50/50 situation when it comes to cars backing out...the guy driving by should be aware of the parked cars incase something like this happens and the chick should go slow and always check for traffic...

On another note, I WOULD GO FREAKING APE $HIT! That sucks man, being sandwiched by an SUV and Van!!!

Old 03-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by osborne
It is hard to determine speed, you would not have seen skid marks as most cars equipt with ABS will leave a skid mark but will only last for a few minutes. Cops just can’t go writing tickets with no evidence.

I’ve been to a lot of collisions and I’ll tell you it doesn’t take much speed to create a lot of damage.

Unsafe backing on the other hand is easy to prove. I know it's a pain but backing into a parking spot is really the way to go.

Sorry for your loss WhatFreashHell.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:40 PM
iHardpark
dam man that sucks and it want brand new i would flip my sh*t!!!

Old 03-08-2007, 01:26 AM
DAMN! thanks sucks man, i would have gone berserk

Old 03-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
dang that is just horrible, sorry to hear. the person backing out could be at fault if she did it all abruptly right? im sure the cop had some sort of reasoning giving her the ticket. and if she can't see if it's clear to back up, isnt she supposed to not back out (or get someone to help look) rather than just assume that someone will stop for her? the driver who hit all your cars maybe just panicked and didnt hit the brakes in time (or at all). i dunno it's all hypothetical, now i have like a hundred scenarios running through my head and i'm supposed to be paying attention in lecture..

Old 03-18-2007, 01:47 AM
Man sorry to see that happen to your ride. May we please have a moment of silence for a fallen fit!

Old 03-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
danm dude, its like he was trying to take out the Fit, WTF that guy musta been drunk!

Old 03-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Yeah the law is pretty stupid. My girlfriend was backing out a parking space one time and this lady came flying through the parking lot in the wrong direction and hit her. When we called the insurance they said my GF was at fault because she didn't yield to oncoming traffic. It's such BS.

Sucks to see that, hope everything turns out OK.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Awww, I 'm sorry to hear about your Lil Fit WhatFreshHell but as long as your ok. 24 days will be here before you know it, think spring and upcoming meets.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Banned
I'm REALLY sorry to read your story! If you lived in Texas, you could pull out the gun that "everybody" seems to carry and shoot the guy who hit you and everybody else. And get away with it. Good luck with the repairs.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks guys for the support.

It has been horrible. The rental car they gave me...

A Fuggin Ford Fuggin Focus.

Fug.

It SUCKS so HARD.

I guess it will just make me appreciate the FIT even more when I get it back.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:28 PM
update,

I guess the guy that smashed into everyone was found at fault.

Which is good, because if you were there it would be clear that he was driving recklessly.

Hopefully all the repairs will be done by this friday.

Quick Reply: First Pics of my crashed up fit