Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Problems w/ a Friend (Ex-Friend)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Well, I dont talk to myself. Hahaha! Not thats bad.
I listen to music, and..... I love to sing. Singing makes me forget about stuff.

To any of the Orlando Fit people that sees me on the road jammin in my Fit.
DO NOT DISTURB.
+1 for singing like a fool in the car

i cant really say ive been in this situation exactly before, but ive been in friendships and relationships that ended badly, and when they come back in touch, its never really been a positive experience. it sucks being used. just do what you think is right.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:00 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
your friend sounds like he is totally p-whipped.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
Im no expert but it sounds like he went after the girl you didnt like and tried to keep it from you till he felt comfortable bringing her around you. Then when him and her fell apart he took some time to himself and is now trying to get back into your good graces. Maybe i read something wrong but thats what i take from it. I say talk to him and just see what happens. If he is a Tool (sorry Tyler) then stop kickin it with him and if he is back to normal and everything is cool then your all good. Thats my thoughts atleast.
Pretty sure it wasnt the girl. Hes with a lot of different girls, whats funny is that he always gets hurt. I always give him advice not to get cozy with them because he meets them on Myspace.

After a week or so they act like he doesnt exist. Id always give him advice, and in the end Id always be right.

Originally Posted by LOZA
Man Ray knowing that we dont know the whole story(both sides) it seems like he was using you for the help. Hopefully the friendship was more than that though. I believe you can always forgive friends...but like you said things wont be as tight as it use to. I had almost the same situation happen to me but he was my friend since I was in 3rd grade and im 21 now. We talk every now and then, but its rare. Anyhow, I have to agree with you on releasing your stress by going on drives. Because I do that often when I have lots on my mind. Its great. Hope things work out man.
It felt like he was using me. He did do favors for my car also. Paint and such.
Im sure that everyones had similar problems as me. The reason why Im not being so forgiving is that I havent known him that long. Like my other friend Ive known since my freshman year of high school.

Originally Posted by yeamans17
I think he probably hid that he was with the girl you hate because he knew you didn't like her, and sometimes when you start dating someone new its like you don't even realize the rest of the world is there. I'd say give him another chance
Naaa. I heard from other people and him, she used him for attention. Thats the vibes I got from her "Attention whore." At first she was flirty with his roommate. She then moved on to him. Now shes back with the roommate.

Explain? Hahah

Originally Posted by fit_love
i cant really say ive been in this situation exactly before, but ive been in friendships and relationships that ended badly, and when they come back in touch, its never really been a positive experience. it sucks being used. just do what you think is right.
Thats why Im steering clear.

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 04-01-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Pretty sure it wasnt the girl. Hes with a lot of different girls, whats funny is that he always gets hurt. I always give him advice not to get cozy with them because he meets them on Myspace.

After a week or so they act like he doesnt exist. Id always give him advice, and in the end Id always be right.
Well i tried. haha. Thats why i started with "im no expert" haha. Trolling Myspace for chicks has bad written all over it. Before i got married i was what you could call a Myspace whore and was always out meeting random girls on there. Myspace is no good and thats why i dont use it very much anymore. The girls i met usually didnt even last a week anyway.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
To any of the Orlando Fit people that sees me on the road jammin in my Fit.
DO NOT DISTURB.
LMAO..thats one reason why im planning on going back with dark tints. Whether it is that ur happy and want to sing out ridiculously loud or somebody important is being an ass with you and you want to cry it out loud while singing those depressive songs, and not having to worry about your ego.

Privacy my friend. What i usually do is put everything on thought, see the ups and downs of every choice i have and then come to an agreement(with what ill do) and act.
(sorry for this speech, i already noticed my mind is not keeping in touch with my english)

Last edited by fits_all; 04-01-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
your friend sounds like he is totally p-whipped.
agreed... it happens alot.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Banned
I've got no explanation then. LOL. I don't know man, I've had friends that only come around when they want work done on cars, or when they know I'm selling my car parts, they chime in trying to get something for dirt cheap. Good luck

Old 04-01-2008, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member
Ray, I don't want to say that I am an expert on this kind of stuff, but I am an expert on this kind of stuff. Forgive me if i am repeating anything. I didn't feel like reading everyones replies. Girls are the number one reason that friends stop being friends (usually only until they stop hanging out with the one). I know that I am very guilty of that. It is nothing personal towards my friends. It is just that I would rather hang out with my girl more.

His time spent with you would dwindle because he will spend more time with her. If he knows that you don't like the girl then he will cut it off faster and he will be stupid about it. Guys tend to do that over chicks and will give up on things that they cherish for them. But if he knows that she doesn't like you then this will be exponentially worse. I wouldn't take this one personally.

Bottom line here is that he was a good friend to you and made you feel level. Give him another shot, but be forward with him about his behavior. Call him out. I bet he will come around. Use your best judgment though.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by osborne
Ray, I don't want to say that I am an expert on this kind of stuff, but I am an expert on this kind of stuff. Forgive me if i am repeating anything. I didn't feel like reading everyones replies. Girls are the number one reason that friends stop being friends (usually only until they stop hanging out with the one). I know that I am very guilty of that. It is nothing personal towards my friends. It is just that I would rather hang out with my girl more.

His time spent with you would dwindle because he will spend more time with her. If he knows that you don't like the girl then he will cut it off faster and he will be stupid about it. Guys tend to do that over chicks and will give up on things that they cherish for them. But if he knows that she doesn't like you then this will be exponentially worse. I wouldn't take this one personally.

Bottom line here is that he was a good friend to you and made you feel level. Give him another shot, but be forward with him about his behavior. Call him out. I bet he will come around. Use your best judgment though.
I agree completely but be careful that he was not using you to help with his car. If you start talking again and he says he needs something done to his car the same day.... Cut all ties!

Old 04-02-2008, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member

completely agree. i don't think i can add anything to this, so i won't.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pip_rocks
completely agree. i don't think i can add anything to this, so i won't.
Woohoo! This is better than our last encounter with life's curveballs.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm wondering if it's the girl??? 'Sounds like a threesome that doesn't work.
Could be he's going through a bad time, and now maybe he's coming out of it which explains the sudden 'Hey bud, wassup?' attitude. It really screws with your head. Go forward cautiously, and see if he'll be honest with you. If not, check back in with other fun friends.

I really miss a friend that was so easy and soooooo fun to be with - NEVER thought it would end, but it did, we're completely out of touch now.

Sorry to hear this, hope he's a stand-up guy and fesses up to you (honestly).

Old 04-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Squirrely
I'm wondering if it's the girl??? 'Sounds like a threesome that doesn't work.
Could be he's going through a bad time, and now maybe he's coming out of it which explains the sudden 'Hey bud, wassup?' attitude. It really screws with your head. Go forward cautiously, and see if he'll be honest with you. If not, check back in with other fun friends.

I really miss a friend that was so easy and soooooo fun to be with - NEVER thought it would end, but it did, we're completely out of touch now.

Sorry to hear this, hope he's a stand-up guy and fesses up to you (honestly).
Maybe I should talk to him just to get one of those goin?
Hahah! jk.

He has good taste in girls, look wise. Personality is always the same though. Only one girl he hangs out with is perfect all around. Shes so awesome. Me and her click together great, but hes not interested in her as a GF. I find so odd.
They go together so well too. And they never fight, if they do its solved within hours. Maybe its one of those sister/brother relationships?

But yes, osborne its obviously its girls thats causing him to act that way. Not THE girl, girls. Its always a different girl probably weekly for him.
He needs to get his shit straight IMO.

The reason why I didnt plan on talking to him anymore is the car factor. I know a lot of people that call me when they need something and only when they need something. I ended all that by not answering the phone anymore for them.
When I was 16 to 18 I was the car master. I did clutches, transmissions, engine swaps, ALL that. When people started wanting free bees that I would refuse to do is when I found out who my real friends were.

And now that I do some paint work.

Life sucks, at times.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:57 PM
I hear ya on the people only calling when it benefits them. I went through that for many years when i lived in the barracks on base. I spent almost every weekend at the shop on base fixing everyones junk and for nothing more then a pat on the back and a thanks. It was garbage and really pissed me off so i ended it by quoting people prices for what they wanted me to do for them. Not crazy prices but fair for my time and it stopped really quick. I call it cutting the fat. haha. Now i got true friends that if they need stuff done i do it and receive lots back to comp my time and we always are there for each other. Good luck with your friend Ray and hopefully things work out. He doesnt sound like a bad guy just a little off the beaten path and needs to listen to friends like you that dont want him to fall on his face over and over again. Thats what true friends are there for.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:28 PM
What is it with the human race that makes people take such advantage of each other? And it's always us nice people that learn so slowly to say NO!! I've had the same problem with sewing over the years - even my stupid sister. (she's not really stupid - only when I hate her I'd say to her "Why don't you do it, you know how to sew!" And she'd tell me that I could do it faster and better. AAAAAAAAAAKKKK SHE MUST DIE!!!!
(Don't worry, she's still alive). I started telling people (including she who must not be named) that there are people that do it professionally and I don't have time.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
not that im goin personal with this page, but when i replied to this thread before, i was goin through some kind of problems-situations, but now that im all chill, i read this again, and what Osborne says, is something im doing. I have ditched many "friends" due to problems with my girl, and its not something that im love-blinded, its that im seeing the real personality in them, and sometimes its just that, id rather be with her. So my advice is, be cool, if you can talk to him, do it. Whenever life brings him back, you can hit him in the head with that comprehensive thing you were doing while he was all ignorant. But give the guy some space tho.

btw i didnt saw b4 that u became a moderator..grats on that

Old 04-02-2008, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
he probably needs your help on his car.

pssh i hate people who do that. leave, dont talk to you for awhile and all the sudden come back.

for me, friends are replaceable. even your BEST friends are replaceable.

short story even shorter....ask him what happen? if its not a good excuse then thats not even worth your friendship. haha like that, excuse.

ive had a couple of girly friends dip out on me.been there for them but for some reason the boys are always more important. but when they need help they come runnin back. the first time i was like alright. the second time i was like **** you, dont talk to me.

and i havnt talked to them since. some 3 years, some 4.

those kind of people arent worth my time.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:15 AM
5 Year Member
Woohoo! This is better than our last encounter with life's curveballs.

lol, i know!!! you speak the truth, you do