Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

A Letter to my Future Child

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 09:53 AM
A Letter to my Future Child

Dear child,

I'm writing this letter to say how much i love you. I envision your smile as i look into your eyes and i dream of the day i can hold you in my arms and kiss you goodnight. I already miss the memories we have yet to have of our days out together in the sun. I know you're anxious but now isn't the time yet to come down and join us. Your mother and I will let you know when we're ready to bring you into this world for it is far from the heavenly cradle in paradise where you are now.

I want you to know i think about you often. I find myself daydreaming for hours about where to take you for breakfast after an early morning drive, just you and me and the sound of 490 horses bellowing angrily through the brand new racing Tubi exhaust system i just installed. oops i'm sorry baby i just got carried away.

I long for the day i hold your bare little hands. i will treasure these moments because your little hands will soon be wrapped behind a pair of nomex racing gloves, awesome in every sense yet a bit detached from the intimacy which you and i will have while you are still my little dear. one day i know that you will slowly leave me behind as we pass life's little bends, hairpins, double apexes and decreasing diameter corners. But even if you leave me lap after lap, i will still forever love you.

Look far ahead my child, dont look at life as one corner after another. Keep your eyes on track, on where you want to go for the barriers are only there to stop you. You may at times run off or hit a wall but keep your faith and trust that God will tow you out. if you crash your car just call AAP. If rain comes and things get slippery, remember to be light on your feet and gentle with your actions. remember this my child, be smooth and progressive and feel the surface. imagine everything you touch is fragile. traction can easily be broken but so too can a heart. traction you can regain, modulate and play with but you have to be careful not to break the grip of somebody love and trust.

There will be others out there my child who will be all to eager to snatch victory from your arms but do not be afraid to loose for the experiences you gain are worth far more than medals and trophies, lap records and time slips. Use these experiences to grow and develop a better understanding of the physics of life. Focus and again, look far ahead, keep your eye on the finish line.

I can only teach you so much my child but theories don't win races. I am only here to guide you through your course, to be in the pit lane of fatherly love if you need me and to greet you once you cross the finish line. I know you have it in you my darling to be strong for i may not always be with you. this is your race to run, this is your podium to stand upon, this is your champion's cup of life.

Love
Your father, Justin Robles

Ps: If you will be a boy you'll be named Ayrton or Colin, if you're a girl its gonna be Portia or Elise. your mom would kill me if i named you F430, E30 M3, VTEC or Diablo.

Couldn't sleep the other night so i decided to write this

Old 04-03-2010, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
Pretty hilarious!
I heard of babies named Yelrah! (backwards from Harley)