Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

CR-Z is out what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
Question CR-Z is out what do you think?

Went out tonight and saw the new Honda CR-Z it was a blue/green 2 seater. It is okay I was hoping to have a little more of the cool-ness of the drawings in it's beginnings, it's a nice Honda but I didn't have an urge to trade my GD3 in for it at all. The Fit beats the CR-Z in my opinion. It does come with some basic options we as GD3 owners had to buy as "Extras", carpeted floor mats, cargo cover, nice storage design for the spare tire, and that was all I remember. But the negative is "No Room" inside there is a small area behind the non existing rear seat and 2 plastic boxes behind the front seats and "That's all Folks"!

Old 08-24-2010, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
CR-Z: What Do You Think About It?

How was the pricing? How low did it sit (at my age, I don't need anything lower than the Fit!) How was it size/space wise?? At 6'4", 210, the Fit fits, but I'm not so sure about the CR-Z, and since I get as good AND better mileage than the ratings for it, the only "Cool" thing that attracts me is the six speed tranny. Just not enough, so far to cause me to want it!!

'07 VBP Sport 5MT w/minor appearance & comfort mods!!

Old 08-24-2010, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
A bit over $20K, @ 6' 4" you'd feel the close quarters, the ride height was about the same maybe lower.
Some Specs CRZ vs GD3
I'm surprized the Cr-Z is longer, wider, but alot smaller inside?

Fat Ping Cat's GD3

Head room: CRZ 36.9" Fit 40.6"

Leg room: CRZ 42.7" Fit 41.9"

Wheel base: CRZ 96.5" Fit 95.9"

Length: CRZ 160.6" Fit 151.4"

Width: CRZ 68.5" Fit 65.9"

Passenger Volume: CRZ 49.1 cft Fit 90.1 cft

Cargo Volume: CRZ 25.1 cft Fit 56.8 cft

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 08-24-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
I liked the seats, the Navi unit, and exterior door handles.....that's about it after taking a quick glance. Ha

There were two at the dealer today, one black with navigation and the other was a strange blue-green color which looked pretty good color-wise. I didn't sit in either but taking a glance head unit controls on the dash, it seamed rather busy and cluttered with what seemed to be a large array of buttons to select on the non-navi. In contrast, the navi's controls seemed more refined since the audio controls were mounted on the navi unit like that of the Ridgeline.

I don't recall looking at the gauge cluster, I did notice that they both had paddles on the wheels but no S mode. It seemed like it would be roomy for the both driver and passenger when I peered inside. There was also a nice little set up (like mini-tubs) in the back that seemed great for placing groceries in and not have them slide/roll around.

From the outside, it doesn't appeal to me at all. The car's body lines and grill all seem a bit goofy. In fact as I looked at the blue-green mode outside, it reminded me of a whale shark. Seriously, the huge black plastic grill, the way the body lines from the roof and windows taper toward each other, as well as the fin antennae on the roof; take all that in as you look then imagine a tail fin on it.

On the inside (again, I didn't sit in it), it seems like the occupants will be sitting much lower than in the Fit. Along with that, the seats look much more comfortable and supportive for spirited driving. In the hatch there wasn't really much space at all, it seemed that you could barely squeeze in only one large sized travel case.

Other than that, it definitely seems to be a quality car. Just not really my cup of tea.