Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

would you get this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
would you get this?

Hey everyone, I am looking for a new cell phone and I want to see what everyone thinks:

Firstly, I plan to purchase a phone by itself..I still have 2 year left on my contract and my family just go the phones..i've been left in the dust to buy my own phone!

anyways, i thought about the iphone from overseas (i.e. HK) where it's legally unlocked and can use with any carriers..but after consideration, I will stray away from the iphone. I do not like the idea of using itunes all the time, and the limited user interface interaction. There are a lot of apps..thats a positive..but I am not a person that actually use those apps, so thats a useless feature for me.

androids are nice, but every android feels the same....the scrolling of the menus makes me dizzy as well! also, most android phones are pretty powerful..but battery life sucks. UI is better than Iphone in my opinion, but again, i have no use for the apps.

What i do use my phone for is, notes, calendar, music player, gps and photos. also the checking emails and web browsing, youtube.

what do you guys think about the nokia n8?

http://www.nokiausa.com/find-products/phones/nokia-n8/features?intc=ncomprod-fw-ilc-hm_hero-con-na-nokiacom-us-na-n8_101

ive been a huge fan of nokia and im currently using a nokia e71..but its time for an upgrade. yes, the symbian platform isn't as "bling" as android of iOS..but it seems to be very stable.

would you guys consider the N8? comments are welcome. thanks