Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Parallel Parking... is it really so freakin' difficult?

Old 11-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Parallel Parking... is it really so freakin' difficult?

I'm always amused by the spectacle of watching asshats trying to park. The level of incompetence is staggering...

First off the ones who are simply confused. They try to pull in forward, it doesn't work. They back out, try to pull in forward, it doesn't work again. They keep repeating until they finally give up.

Then, the ones who understand that you back in, but are just going through motions. They had a driver's ed teacher tell them to cut the wheel hard one way, and then cut hard the other way, and they expect it to work like ingredients to a pie.

The funniest are the ones who try/fail, try/fail, try/fail, and drive to another spot, as if the space were somehow to blame. To top it off, this is America - our marked parallel parking spaces are HUGE. They can fit PICKUPS. For some reason, the guys in pickups seem to do just fine, but show me a small-to-midsize car, and it's like a sideshow attraction in a circus!

Why the hell is this so hard? Drive past the spot, put it in reverse, watch the mirrors, and guide yourself back into the space. If there's no car behind you, you can just back into that space and pull forward. If there is, you have a the tires from that car to use as guides about where to line up your rear tires in the left mirror, and you should have the center of the car in your rearview to use as center yourself.

I've seen more than one small car with a reverse camera mounted oin it. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Occasionally, you see a car with new-vehicle plates. OK, someone is still learning their dimensions in the car. But come on... if you've had your car more than a month, you should know what the hell you're doing.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:55 PM
This is the future: youparklikeanasshole.com

Asshole parking tickets!

Old 11-21-2010, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by johnkimble
This is the future: youparklikeanasshole.com

Asshole parking tickets!
Haha, that's awesome. I need a printer!!!

The other month, this a-hole managed to take up two spaces... and that's considering theres a huge gap between the two spaces! WTF!?!?!

Old 11-22-2010, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
thats why they should bring back the parallel parking section at the dmv drivers test. so all those shitty drivers dont they're license's

Old 12-06-2010, 08:40 PM
^^agreeeeed

Old 02-09-2012, 03:19 AM
Idiocracy is coming to a world near you.