Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Need Advice: Internet Access & Cable TV

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
Need Advice: Internet Access & Cable TV

I use Time Warner Cable for high-speed internet (a joke) and cable tv.

I turned on the tv tonight and 60% of my channels had been deleted. I am ready to dump Time Warner. What are my options?

Old 01-23-2011, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member
if you're looking to bundle services, it's either time warner or the local phone company. you may not be able to get uverse or fios. depends on whether or not fiber has been pulled into your neighborhood.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
Here in CO our phone company bundles with Direct TV. For two years I bundled with Qwest for this. I'd had Dish Network years before and found I like them better. So currently am not bundling and price is practically the same. I get my wireless though the phone company.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Marrk
I use Time Warner Cable for high-speed internet (a joke) and cable tv.

I turned on the tv tonight and 60% of my channels had been deleted. I am ready to dump Time Warner. What are my options?
I'm the cable guy (for Comcast) in Massachusetts but I may be able to answer some questions for you. Now mind you, just because things are this way for us, it doesn't necessarily mean the same applies over there but it might be something to consider.

1. When you say 60% percent of your channels are missing, I am assuming you have the cable going straight into your tv (IOW...no cable box). We "eliminated" (encrypted) many of the channels in order to get rid of the analog channels so we could have room to add more digital and high definition channels. Keeping the analog channels only restricted us from giving more of what the customers wanted and demanded. BUT! We gave our customers up to 2 digital converters for free so they could regain the channels they were missing (their channels are know coming in digitally). Ask your cable company if they do the same.

2. You say your internet is a joke. What's going on? Give me some details.