Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Internet TV Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Internet TV Anyone?

Meaning, anyone use it? If so, which ones would be the better ones you've used? Google has too many options with little results.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
Are you talking about watching TV on your PC, or are you talking about streaming shows to your TV like Netflix or Vudu? I am no expert, but I do have an TV connected to the internet and stream movies through a blu-ray player and love it.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:54 AM
I used to be able to watch a bunch of shows via computer it seems like it harder to do now

Old 01-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Banned
"Breaking Bad" and "The Walking Dead" from AMC channel are two of my favorite shows. I use Dish Network as my satellite TV provider. They had a contract/price dispute with AMC and stopped broadcasting AMC's programs. So I paid a fairly steep fee for season passes to get those shows on Itunes. I have a 24" monitor, but still got tired of having to watch TV from my office chair when I have a new "smart TV" in the next room, and a wireless internet connection on my Blue Ray player on the other big screen TV that I use the most. I don't want to pay monthly membership fees to Hulu or Netflix, and since ITunes is free unless I want to rent movies at $4.00 each, I bought the newest version of Apple TV for video streaming to the big TV's. Got a great price on eBay with J&R Music in NY as the seller with free shipping. And after all that, Dis Network lost the suit and had to restore AMC to their broadcast channels, so I don't really need video streaming, but use it sometimes anyway because it works so well.

"Free TV" means "Old TV", because to watch current, new shows, there is always a fee to be paid. If you like to watch old TV shows from years-past seasons, then no problem for that on your computer.

There are a lot of different video streaming devices on the market, all claiming to be the best and the easiest to use. I just went with Apple because I trust the brand. Some of the video streaming devices use a hard drive to store the video going to the TV, and some, like Apple, use flash memory (that makes the device about the size of a deck of cards). So read up on the performance reviews of all of the systems before you buy. But if you don't have a digital TV, forget video streaming. The devices connect to the TV with a HDMI cable.

Last edited by Triskelion; 01-20-2013 at 12:36 PM.