Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

The New Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
The New Car

Alright guys. As Most of you know my fit was totaled on 2/17. Got my new car monday night. Was the last 6MT CRZ in the area and it just happened to be Black with a black interior.
Pics:

And the first mod... Front plate bracket delete.

So far I love her. Quite, tons of features I didn't have in my fit. The seats are amazing. The ride is tight and controlled. Power wise it feels like theres a good bit more there compared to the fit. Maybe its cause of the 6 speed or the electric motor. All I know is when I put my foot down a little she goes. No lag or anything and it comes fast too. In the Fit you had to get over 4k RPM. In this 3.5k is the magic number. Now I don't have as much space as I used to but to me it was worth it by far.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Congratulations, looks great!

I was recently looking at CRZ YouTube videos and was intrigued with it. Some cool bells and whistles like the changing dash light for the different driving modes. Appears to have some get up and go though!

legroom in the backseat area seem nonexistent.

Enjoy!!

Old 02-29-2012, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GTRPLYR
Congratulations, looks great!

I was recently looking at CRZ YouTube videos and was intrigued with it. Some cool bells and whistles like the changing dash light for the different driving modes. Appears to have some get up and go though!

legroom in the backseat area seem nonexistent.

Enjoy!!
USDM models do not have a back seat. I'm debating on ordering them though. Just for the heck of it.

The dash lights are cool and I like the way they change. The driving modes really do make a difference. The sport mode makes the accelerator lighter, throttle response quicker, steering is tighter, and the suspension feels tighter too. Normal mode is pretty, well, normal. Throttle response is about on par with a fit, steering is light and easy and car is just easy to drive. Economy mode is where it gets interesting. The throttle becomes super heavy and throttle response is pretty slow unless you really get on it and then it will engage vtech and pull you where you want to be before getting back out of it. Other than the engine staying mostly out of vtech and the slow throttle response that's about all I can see different. The engine assist kicks in a little more on low speed acceleration but that's about it.

The really cool things that I like are the auto-engine stop/start when you get below 18 mph and put it in neutral it will turn off the engine to conserve fuel. As soon as you put it in gear it kicks back to life and you're ready to go.

Hill start is pretty cool too and really helps when you're trying to pull out on a slope or back up a slope. It keeps the brakes applied for about 3 seconds and then releases or it releases as soon as the clutch starts to engage the gear.

I really have nothing bad to say about the car right now. The sound system is good. The headlights are great, amazingly wide and deep high beam. It's just and overall cool car.

I'm still getting a kick out of turning so many heads on campus (I'm the only CRZ on the whole campus). I even had some dude pull up next to me at a light yesterday and tell me "It's a shame that things a hybrid. Looks like it would be tons of fun as a real car." To which I responded by hitting the sport mode and revving the engine and he then told me, "Ha! That's great! I bet a lot of people really believe it's a hybrid!"

Old 02-29-2012, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
Interior pics?

Old 02-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Throw some D's on it.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Interior pics?
Yeahhhh have yet to get around to. It's been a wild week. Found out I have two fractured ribs from the accident on monday. Had a test tuesday and today. Have another one friday. Have a huge ΒΚΓ party tomorrow night that I was supposed to go to. Getting the stuff done for the car... Meh! I'll for sure have some by the weekend. It's nice in there though.

Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Throw some D's on it.
I actually want to put some coils and TL type-S rims. Stay OEM+ with it.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
Sweet! I'm looking forward to it. The crz is on the short list for the wife's new ride.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
Sweet! I'm looking forward to it. The crz is on the short list for the wife's new ride.
If you can get past the two seater I say get it!

Old 02-29-2012, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah that is if she can ;-)
The car is for her 120+ mile daily commute. Not much else is needed. Lol

Old 02-29-2012, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah that is if she can ;-)
The car is for her 120+ mile daily commute. Not much else is needed. Lol
Ah well in that case go for it. The CVT is good too just wasn't my style. Plus letting a girl drive and cracking the "I like the way you hold my knob" joke... priceless

Just an quick heads up. Over 70 MPH and sport mode is more economical than economy. Kinda leaves you with the "" look but eh, what ever.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
81 views and 9 replies. Lol I'm starting to feel like that traitor that's being shunned.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
I do like these, if I didn't need the cargo room I would seriously consider it.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
Jamy: You traitor, I hate you. Nah I'm just kiddinwidya. Enjoy the new car!!

Old 03-01-2012, 01:30 AM
where's the like button?

Old 03-01-2012, 04:00 AM
5 Year Member
Almost makes me want to go to dealer.

Backseat in Canada?

Old 03-01-2012, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Funny, coincidentally I just test drove my mom's new CRZ yesterday, too. Her Civic died on her and pretty much surprised me when she bought this.

I gotta admit, it doesn't feel like a hybrid, it felt a lot like my Fit. She got an AT and I tried it in sport mode, and it has some decent pickup, a little faster than my Fit. The 7 gears will really help for freeway driving. The interior is also very nice and the navi tops it off. Like you said, the gauge cluster is also pretty cool in the way it changes colors in different modes.

There were only a couple of gripes. The steering feels looser than the Fit's, which affects the handling for me, although I'm sure it's more of something to get used to rather than a design flaw. The visibility is also sort of a problem as the rear window is very small and of course there are barely windows on your rear left and right so you kind of have to rely on mirrors for the blind spots.

Sucks about the ribs man, it's crazy how a small bump from a heavy car could cause all this. Good luck with it all and don't stop visiting here!

Last edited by Vanct; 03-01-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:41 AM
^ oh dear god... I hate those type of steering response/feel or lack thereof and the CRV is a good example for it. Shouldn't be all that bad with the CRZ... doesn't the steering tighten up a bit when on SPORT mode?

Old 03-01-2012, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
^ oh dear god... I hate those type of steering response/feel or lack thereof and the CRV is a good example for it. Shouldn't be all that bad with the CRZ... doesn't the steering tighten up a bit when on SPORT mode?
I didn't get a chance to test steering while in sport mode, I just floored it in a straight line lol. You're probably right about that, though.

Jamy, what plans do you have for it btw? It would look super clean debadged with (wider) wheels and drop.

Last edited by Vanct; 03-01-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blassty
Jamy: You traitor, I hate you. Nah I'm just kiddinwidya. Enjoy the new car!!
Lol Thanks man!

Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
where's the like button?
You can like it on my facebook lol

Originally Posted by Black3sr
Almost makes me want to go to dealer.

Backseat in Canada?
I'm not sure on backseats in Canada. I think it's only the EUDM and JDM that have them.

Originally Posted by Vanct
I gotta admit, it doesn't feel like a hybrid, it felt a lot like my Fit. She got an AT and I tried it in sport mode, and it has some decent pickup, a little faster than my Fit. The 7 gears will really help for freeway driving. The interior is also very nice and the navi tops it off. Like you said, the gauge cluster is also pretty cool in the way it changes colors in different modes.

There were only a couple of gripes. The steering feels looser than the Fit's, which affects the handling for me, although I'm sure it's more of something to get used to rather than a design flaw. The visibility is also sort of a problem as the rear window is very small and of course there are barely windows on your rear left and right so you kind of have to rely on mirrors for the blind spots.

Sucks about the ribs man, it's crazy how a small bump from a heavy car could cause all this. Good luck with it all and don't stop visiting here!
For me the 6MT was a must. The navi was alright to me but it did add a little extra to the car. The steering is much tighter in sport mode. I have found myself twitching it a little too much in normal or econ and I have to correct it. The blind spots I'm still getting used to. The rear isnt as much of a problem as the sides but I adjusted the mirrors and getting used to relying on them more.

Originally Posted by Vanct
Jamy, what plans do you have for it btw? It would look super clean debadged with (wider) wheels and drop.
I'm thinking about taking off the "Hybrid" on the tailgate. Then probably a Takeda intake, ARK exhaust, Flashpro, Bump up the spark plugs, TL type-S rims, coils or swift springs, and maybe some Clazzios in black with blue stitching. But nothing is happening major until I get a good chunk of it paid off.

On a side note, She does stop on a dime. Some idiot pulled out in front of me and then slammed on the brakes on the way to work this morning and I just got on the brakes lightly and she went from 45 to 0 in a heartbeat. Never locked up or barked the tires just stopped. The 195 tires are pretty nice in corners and what not. Took a 25 mph S bend on ramp at 55 this morning and then punched it coming out of the bend to get in front of a line of cars and she did it with a smile on her face and I could see the dude in the truck behind me trying to figure out what kind of car is was.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats, cool cars. We looked at a few before we found a good deal on the Fit.

Quick Reply: The New Car