Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

road bikes anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 03:43 AM
road bikes anyone?

Anyone know about bikes? Like road bikes? Cause I found these 2 bikes at my aunt's place and apparently it belongs to my dad but he hasn't been there for the longest and the bikes def look like they haven't been touched in forever... So I'm jacking them! I wanna rescue one or both. Maybe sell one and use one. Anyone know if it's worth restoring? One is a custom Frankenstein bike I guess cause it has diff parts made by bell, trek and some other ones. Then the other one looks like a super stock bianchi. Is it worth restoring? How much would it run me?

Name:  fb6765cb.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  109.4 KB

Old 04-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Just from the brand names, Trek and Bianchi, I'd say it's at least worth taking them to a bike shop to get checked out.

The Trek has really old school shifters, but other than that, if it's in pretty good shape, then it shouldn't cost too much to restore.

The Bianchi looks like a comfort/cruiser bike, which is great for city living.

I'd take them to a bike shop to get checked out...they both look like they're in pretty good shape.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:16 AM
I dont know too much about road bikes...but they are fun as hell to ride around.

I have a 71' Schwinn Varsity that i take around town. I use it primarily to help exercise my dogs as they are prone to bad behavior when amped up

What i think is neat and would like to do someday is to make my road bike a single speed one..I have read that this is popular (has been for a while) and super fun.

Nice bikes btw, looks like you came up