Off Topic Discussion Discuss anything that pleases you here.

Fit Is Gone, Thanks to Drunk Driver :-(

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
Fit Is Gone, Thanks to Drunk Driver :-(

The Fit is no longer. Drunk driver ran a red light and crushed the Fit. Luckily I was safe and only had bumps, bruises and muscle strain. The Fit kept me safe!!!!!!! I will have some misc stuff for sale soon as I don't think I will be getting another Fit.

Name:  7bX49aD.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  1.26 MB

Name:  fjT8LU0.jpg
Size:  1.13 MB

Name:  iHsbG45.jpg
Size:  933.5 KB

Old 11-14-2018, 09:10 PM
That looks horrible!! Glad to hear you're okay and the Fit safety equipment works.

Old 11-14-2018, 09:25 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
woah! good to hear u weren't horribly hurt.

so.. i see ure selling a hood in like-new condition. lol

Old 11-15-2018, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
Wow.
That looks like when modern vehicle design really saves your life.

Too bad.
Good Luck with whatever you choose as your next vehicle.

Old 11-15-2018, 05:16 AM
5 Year Member
OMG! Glad you walked away from that one! Hope they throw the book at the douche. What are you getting next?

Old 11-15-2018, 09:26 AM
Holy smokes! That is amazing, given the damage to the car, that you were able to come out of this accident relatively unscathed (bumps, bruises, and muscle soreness). The impact was so hard the plastic cup jumped on to your dash. Thank goodness you are okay.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Ouch, glad you were safe!! At least you didn't spend big bucks replacing the tires only to have the car totaled right after.

I'll keep an eye if you have stuff for sale

Old 11-15-2018, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
Wow! Carnage!

Good luck with whatever you route you take next.

Old 11-15-2018, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
As the others already covered, glad to hear you're safe. On the plus side, insurance money will get you something way sweeter!

GolNat ... you were one of the good ones. You'll be missed!

(I hope you randomly pop in time to time and post / chat with us)

Old 11-15-2018, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
Thank you everyone. I am very thankful that I was not seriously injured and thankful to my Fit for taking all the damage and keeping me safe!! Modern automobile design is great and Honda has always been up on safety. I will definitely stop in and see how everyone is doing. That plastic cup was in my cup holder and I had a new Monster in the passenger cup holder. The impact sent the monster straight up and then stuck it against the window as the car spun. I am pretty sure he didn't have his headlights on and there are no street lights along that stretch of road.

When the guy hit me he sent me into a 360 (speed limit on the road is 50mph). After I checked to make sure I could still feel everything I found my cell phone (still attached to the cord but under the glove compartment) and tried to get out of the car. There must have been a cop driving by or at the gas station across the street because he was there within minutes. As I was trying to get out a random person helped me get out of the car. He said he was walking by and saw the whole thing. The cop asked if I had seen the driver of the other car because he got out and ran. This random person helped me to the curb and made sure I was ok. Cop called the ambulance for me and continued to talk to the witness who he was staying really close to. The officer put the guy in the back of is patrol car and searched the Mercedes for any information. He found a cell phone! Asked the guy for his number in case he needed more information. Cop called the number and guess what phone rang? The one that was in the damaged Mercedes. The police officer called me later and told me how he caught him and that he was charged with a DUI. I said I was wondering why you were being weird with him. He had his suspicions being the time of day, area (nothing was opened) and he smelled of alcohol.

I am currently looking for a replacement vehicle and have a few on the list:

Mazdaspeed 3
VW GTI (I drove one the other day and man is that a sweet car)
Civic Si

Parts I will have for sale soon:

*Like new hood for Kenchan lol
*SS Braided brake lines for the front. I think they are silicone coated also.
*Pulse Chamber exhaust (unless I get an Si I might try it out)
*Set of HFP SS7 16" wheels with brand new tires.
*Manual, Jack, OEM tool bag

Last edited by GolNat; 11-15-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
FYI, the pulse chamber appears to be discontinued .... you may be able to sell that .... at a high premium

thoughts on the 2017+ civic 1.5t hatch/wagons? It's my next choice..... if this little fit died on me

Old 11-15-2018, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GolNat
Parts I will have for sale soon:

*Like new hood for Kenchan lol
*SS Braided brake lines for the front. I think they are silicone coated also.
*Pulse Chamber exhaust (unless I get an Si I might try it out)
*Set of HFP SS7 16" wheels with brand new tires.
*Manual, Jack, OEM tool bag
wow, that's a crazy story GolNat!! dang.. glad u found some humor in my post from a horrible ordeal!

out of the 3, id get the CivicSI coupe but only because it's MT.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
FYI, the pulse chamber appears to be discontinued .... you may be able to sell that .... at a high premium
Good to know, thanks. It's a beautiful piece, I might just hang it on the wall lol.

thoughts on the 2017+ civic 1.5t hatch/wagons?
I don't want to go that new. I am looking to spend under 15k (3-4k down) and keep my payments around the Fit's without anymore then a 3-4 year loan.

Originally Posted by kenchan
glad u found some humor in my post from a horrible ordeal!
I enjoy a good laugh and humor is great medicine.

out of the 3, id get the CivicSI coupe but only because it's MT.
I am only looking at cars with a MT lol. The Mazdaspeed and Si are only available in a manual but the VW has the DSG or whatever it is called. That's the first question I get asked when I call and ask about a car, "you know it's a manual right"? The problem with that is that I usually have to travel to get one. I had to drive 2 hours to find the Fit with a manual and it's looking to be the same with this car. If that is what it takes to get what I want then road trip it is

Old 11-15-2018, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
sounds good! yah, stay clear away from DSG if you're into MT. i tried it, got bored of it real quick. only reason i had the autobahn for 2yrs is because i injured my left ankle and needed time to heal. as soon as i was better, sold it and have not missed it once.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:19 AM
As I was trying to get out a random person helped me get out of the car. He said he was walking by and saw the whole thing. The cop asked if I had seen the driver of the other car because he got out and ran. This random person helped me to the curb and made sure I was ok. Cop called the ambulance for me and continued to talk to the witness who he was staying really close to. The officer put the guy in the back of is patrol car and searched the Mercedes for any information. He found a cell phone! Asked the guy for his number in case he needed more information. Cop called the number and guess what phone rang? The one that was in the damaged Mercedes. The police officer called me later and told me how he caught him and that he was charged with a DUI. I said I was wondering why you were being weird with him. He had his suspicions being the time of day, area (nothing was opened) and he smelled of alcohol.
It is crazy what people will come up with when in a panic and inebriated. I went through something similar when a drunk driver crashed in to my (parked) Audi. That guy was so drunk he started pissing on the side of the road as the cops were rolling up. I would not have been surprised if he claimed my (again, parked) car jumped in to the street.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
Wow! He was trying to help but didn't want to get charged I guess.

Do you plan to sell the steering audio controls or shift knob?

Old 11-16-2018, 12:37 PM
i call dibs on the radiator...wherever it is!
jk
wow...thats a crazy impact. glad you are ok!
its also good to know the Fits can absorb such a massive blow.
good luck on your next project!

Old 11-16-2018, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
I don't want to go that new. I am looking to spend under 15k (3-4k down) and keep my payments around the Fit's without anymore then a 3-4 year loan.
they are possible to find at your price range, you just gotta wait for a deal to pop up. I'm gonna wait another yr, hopefully by then they drop below 10k.

here is one example at 14k:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/530868013/

Old 11-16-2018, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by carotman
Do you plan to sell the steering audio controls or shift knob?
I can certainly go back to the yard and get those things. I should have grabbed the shift knob that’s an easy one lol. I guess I’m allowed to take off anything since it’s my car. I wanted to pull the navigation out but the screen cracked from the impact :-/

evilcharger - Wow never heard of that website but yes they do have stuff in that price range. I’ll take a look. I don’t a terrible amount of time to wait but I’ll keep an eye out.

Last edited by GolNat; 11-16-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
Found a well loved GTI locally! 2013 with 35k miles. I’m nervous because it is not a Honda. The last time I went away from Honda it was a disaster. It is such a blast to drive though!! Was originally wanting a 4 door since I have kids but we always use the Pilot for going places together so they won’t be in it much.

Name:  RJf4mFC.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  1.01 MB

Name:  Tn6tgt6.jpg
Size:  959.7 KB

Name:  SZ6nEyP.jpg
Size:  1.04 MB

Last edited by GolNat; 11-18-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Fit Is Gone, Thanks to Drunk Driver :-(