Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Fit fighter?

Old 02-09-2007, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
I agree that the XD (and the XB) have those rear pillars that block the view and are bad blind spots. I gotta check the specs, but I think this car is aimed at Fit especially and at Versa also, cuz it kinda reminds me a bit of the Versa. It actually doesn't look as good or as aggressive as the Xa, but it kinda looks European. It has that Yaris type hood and look to it.I dunno, it will move out pretty good with what is basically the Corolla motor, and it would pull an automatic trans very easily. I think performance would be real close to the Corolla. The Xb gets the TC engine, and even tho it's now bigger and more sophisticated, it's still "the Box". I think the new Xb is almost a real small SUV, at least that's what I'm getting from the photos I've seen. I used to have a fantasy of owning an Box and putting in the TC engine....now they did it for me. This could be a good commuter car, with enough power to have a nice A/C unit and auto trans for the people who have to put up with &^&*%$ traffic in metro areas. OK, Fit, now how are you gonna counter? I can't wait to see the 2008 Fit and see what Honda does to compete with arch rival Toyota. :rolleyes:

Old 02-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
i look at that car and say bleh. none of the body lines really flow. it seems......choppy

Old 02-10-2007, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
not that i like the interior to much but the instrumet cluster is just horrid!!! yuk.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:33 AM
toyota corolla engine ehh? $5 says it will fall apart like the corolla did. LoL my sis has had her corolla for about 2 years now and her interior is falling apart.

Old 02-11-2007, 02:53 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
its aight i guess...i still love my Fit:p

Old 02-11-2007, 03:12 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by Tankist
not that i like the interior to much but the instrumet cluster is just horrid!!! yuk.
Yea. I love the circular speedo, but that speedo should be the tach, like the UK civic R. Other than the circular speedo (although i prefer it to be the tach), the guages are ugly. I love the entire center portion tho, including the radio and AC controls. So shiny.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:52 AM
5 Year Member
That is a wierd guage. I thought originally it was a reflection of some light on the speedo, then finally saw that it's the tach. BTW, edmunds.com says that the ride of the XD is still choppy like the Xa. The Fit rides a lot better. The only thing I see where the XD has an advantage is the engine, just cuz it has more power. The Fit really looks better in every way.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by siguy
That is a wierd guage. I thought originally it was a reflection of some light on the speedo, then finally saw that it's the tach. BTW, edmunds.com says that the ride of the XD is still choppy like the Xa. The Fit rides a lot better. The only thing I see where the XD has an advantage is the engine, just cuz it has more power. The Fit really looks better in every way.
can you source this? link off edmunds. i can't find it.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:34 AM
5 Year Member
I read it on edmunds.com "I think". argh I googled "2008 Scion" and I got a bunch of articles that I looked through, but I think that edmunds made the comment that because the XD was pretty much the same wheelbase as the Xa, that they didn't think the ride would be improved. The Xa and Xb have been faulted in the past because of poor power and choppy rides. I think the new Xb will have a better ride and certainly more power, but the Xd, while having a nice power to weight ratio, will still have that choppy ride. The Fit is about the same wheelbase, but has a better ride, from what I've read. Guess it has to do with the suspension. Sorry I can't pin it down better than that.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:22 AM
A good article from IGN.com
IGN: Scion's Next Generation

Old 03-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by urbnzeus
im not saying this cause im all bout the Fit, but that car is ugly, the only thing i decently like about it is the engine power over the Fit's
Yeah I know...it looks good customized, but the first thing out of my mouth after seeing the stock version was "EWWW!!! UGLY LINES!!!"

Old 03-05-2007, 05:34 AM
5 Year Member
Personally, I almost bought an xA before I ordered my Fit. The gauges in the center, and no cruise control, stopped me (and I'm so glad they did). But this new xD would not even have caught my eye. Glad they have more power now, and moved the gauges to the right location, and I know that being a Toyota, this will be a wonderful car. But it just ain't pretty.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Toyota makes a reliable car.
Honda makes a reliable AND fun to drive AND good looking car.:D

Old 03-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Gordio
This car is definitely aiming to attack the fit. Not cuz it's a small car but hte interior. Look at it. Fit was known for its expensive looking interior. The XD has one of the most impressive interiors ever seen for an econobox, obviously inspired by the fit.

I too thought it looked like the dodge caliber. I think this car is smaller than it looks. It looks longer b/c I think it's shorter in height.

What sucks about this car and the redone xB are the pillars. It makes changing lane very difficult. I already dislike that for the fit, and the fit has windows. This car doesn't have windows on the furthest back on the sides.

Autoblog

The interior looks like it brings nothing new to the market. Other than a shaped gauge cluster, this is the most generic and copied design I have seen for a dash.