Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Drive Belt Replacement Honda Accord 93 LX

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 05:24 AM
Drive Belt Replacement Honda Accord 93 LX

Hello everyone

I have a Honda Accord 93 LX and I believe I need to change my drive belt/serpentine/fan belt whichever its called. Its tearing from the right side of the belt. Anyway can someone give me some information on how to change my drive belt. What must I know before approaching this. Can someone provide me a general step by step instruction on how I should remove and reinstall the belt? Also where I can find a belt diagram because I dont think my car has one. How do I check for tension after I replaced it?

Thanks for the help

kame

Old 07-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by kamehamehaaa
Hello everyone

I have a Honda Accord 93 LX and I believe I need to change my drive belt/serpentine/fan belt whichever its called. Its tearing from the right side of the belt. Anyway can someone give me some information on how to change my drive belt. What must I know before approaching this. Can someone provide me a general step by step instruction on how I should remove and reinstall the belt? Also where I can find a belt diagram because I dont think my car has one. How do I check for tension after I replaced it?

Thanks for the help

kame
Invest in a genuine Honda repair manual for the car. Generally, drive belts have one pulley somewhere in the system of pulleys that applies spring tension on the belt to keep it aligned and properly tensioned so that it does not slip. By moving that tension pulley the right direction with either a breaker-bar or long torque wrench, the tension is removed and the belt now has enough slack to allow you to remove it from the rest of the pulleys. Finding the tension pulley is EASY with the manual, as are MANY other repairs, and the manual will pay for itself almost with your first repair job (in labor savings vs. dealership/mechanic).

Last edited by manxman; 07-22-2007 at 01:17 PM. Reason: correct spelling