Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

i test drove a M/T Fit!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 01:09 PM
You're right about dark colored cars...if you're anal about cleaning your car...NEVER buy a dark colored car unless you buy a ton of rubbing and polishing compounds. ;) I cant stand the look of swirls on my car and noticing all the little chips on the front bumper. My 99 civic hatchback is amthyst (dark purple) and its the last dark color ill ever buy. Im praying that Honda Canada does offer Taffeta White in the 2008 Fit lineup. Silver or White FTW!

Last edited by prelude_guy97; 08-27-2007 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
hmm im really considering the color...

one thing i must say about this color is MANY SCIONS already have this color... XB's TC's...i think even the XA comes with this color! or very similar

Plus my sister taught me that washing and cleaning off the sponge after each section reduces swirl marks... hmm

Last edited by accordguyintake; 08-27-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Thats a nice color. But just reading your message near the bottom...id go for the orange.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by prelude_guy97
You're right about dark colored cars...if you're anal about cleaning your car...NEVER buy a dark colored car unless you buy a ton of rubbing and polishing compounds. ;) I cant stand the look of swirls on my car and noticing all the little chips on the front bumper. My 99 civic hatchback is amthyst (dark purple) and its the last dark color ill ever buy. Im praying that Honda Canada does offer Taffeta White in the 2008 Fit lineup. Silver or White FTW!
Am i anal about cleaning and keeping my car clean. Hmmm.. lets see.... I NEVER open the windows cos the wind coming in is going to make my roof dirty, i get so annoyed with the petrol pump guys when they wash my window and then proceed to pour water on the car to rinse it off, i get annoyed when the guy who security checks the cars at the front gate at work opens my boot cos he leaves these grubby hand marks on my boot, the list goes on and on..... I clean my car EVERY saturday, wax once or twice a month, and try clean the engine monthly. Its so damn difficult to keep my colour clean, but so worth it when it is shiny and clean. I think i would go for a dark colour again. I enjoy washing my car every saturday, except for when i notice new stone chips. Then i get depressed.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
hmm im really considering the color...

Plus my sister taught me that washing and cleaning off the sponge after each section reduces swirl marks... hmm
Thanks for that tip accordguyintake, definitely going to try that one out, cos swirl marks are my worst enemy!:D

Old 08-28-2007, 08:48 AM
Wow...that sounds pretty clean for sure. I too would find most of those annoyances annoying. I started applying wax and hand glaze in a straight motion instead of circular and Ive found that it is much harder to see the blemishes in the sun that wax leaves behind. The swirls turn into straight lines. (which is less visible in the sun) I too get depressed when i see a new chip.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:04 AM
5 Year Member
Wow...that sounds pretty clean for sure. I too would find most of those annoyances annoying. I started applying wax and hand glaze in a straight motion instead of circular and Ive found that it is much harder to see the blemishes in the sun that wax leaves behind. The swirls turn into straight lines. (which is less visible in the sun) I too get depressed when i see a new chip.
Thanks for that tip too, about the straight lines, im definitely going to try that for sure! :rolleyes:
I went to my dealer and managed to get some touch up paint for the stone chips, but it looks like a mission to apply, and you have to mix it for hours to get the colours to mix properly.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:47 AM
One more tip for the road...when I use touch-up paint, I never use the brush that it comes with (i find the bristles make it messy)....instead use a bottom end of a match for a bigger chip and a toothpick for a smaller one.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:50 AM
5 Year Member
One more tip for the road...when I use touch-up paint, I never use the brush that it comes with (i find the bristles make it messy)....instead use a bottom end of a match for a bigger chip and a toothpick for a smaller one.
Thanks man, going to try it out this weekend after ive washed my car. Did your paint also come in a bottle that looks suspiciously like nail polish??

Old 08-29-2007, 08:49 AM
Not a problem. :) I dont have a Fit/Jazz as of yet...getting one in march/april. The touch-up paint for my 1999 Civic hatchback and 1997 Prelude did come in a "nail polish" styled bottle. Im pretty sure Honda Canada still sells the touch-paint the same way.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member
Not a problem. :) I dont have a Fit/Jazz as of yet...getting one in march/april. The touch-up paint for my 1999 Civic hatchback and 1997 Prelude did come in a "nail polish" styled bottle. Im pretty sure Honda Canada still sells the touch-paint the same way.
I love the old Honda Civics!!! They are like jeans, timeless and always stay in fashion!

Old 08-30-2007, 12:33 PM
I agree....plus I already have a buyer for my civic in the spring time.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
what car to get?? Fit?BMW E46 (01-06) 330i/M3?my sister's RSX-S?TSX?STi?
I'd suggest the Fit, but not for the reasons you probably want to hear. I guess I'm sounding like an old fogey, but I don't think 16 year olds should be driving M3/WRX caliber cars.

The reason that not many true freshman start for big-time college football programs is that even though all the recruits are extremely talented, it takes a couple years for them to really learn the system and make the right decisions when it matters. Driving is no different. No matter how good of a driver a 16 year old might be (or thinks he/she is), there's no substitute for experience. Not to mention that teenagers are more likely to make decisions without thinking about consequences than adults. That's not anyone's fault, but the teenage brain and adult brain process things differently, leading teenagers to be more impulsive.

frontline: inside the teenage brain: interviews: deborah yurgelun-todd | PBS

The Fit is a cool little car and is certainly fast enough to get into trouble with, but you have to work at it a bit. A new Fit is likely to have fewer issues than a used car over then next 3-5 years. And don't underestimate the usability of the flat cargo area or refresh mode configuration. ;)

Well... now you probably want any car BUT the Fit. Good luck. Whatever you end up with, be COOL and safe.

Matt

Last edited by txmatt; 08-30-2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by txmatt
The Fit is a cool little car and is certainly fast enough to get into trouble with, but you have to work at it a bit. A new Fit is likely to have fewer issues than a used car over then next 3-5 years. And don't underestimate the usability of the flat cargo area or refresh mode configuration. ;)

Matt
I can definitely second the part about the Fit being fast enough to get you into trouble!!:D
I think the only reason why i havent received any traffic fines yet is because i dont have my licence plates yet.
Surely the running costs of a Fit and then of an M3/STi are phenomenally different??? I myself wouldnt be able to afford to buy and maintain one of those cars and Im 25!!! Then again i live in a pathetic country, but surely gas is expensive all over the world??

Old 08-31-2007, 03:10 AM
5 Year Member
I agree....plus I already have a buyer for my civic in the spring time.

I so badly want my next car to be a Civic Type R, in red!!! Red just suits that car!
Why do Honda's have to be so expensive???:(
Quick question - have you seen the spy pics of the 2008 Fit? If you have, what do you think seeing as you are buying one next year?

Old 08-31-2007, 10:05 AM
I have seen the next gen Fit. I think they look alright....im sure ill probably like them more once I see them and drive one. When the current Fit came out last year, I felt the same way...I thought they were ok...but they grew on me more and more. This spring, I would rather have the 1st gen Fit only because I would rather have an old design that has had most or all of the wrinkles ironed out. This would mean I would have the 7 model year Fit. Also, I notice that with some models that are in their last year or 2 of production...there are more standard features as they get ready for the new design. After this Fit, I might see myself buying lets say a 2012 or 13 Fit...there could be a hybrid or a diesel by then. :)

Old 09-04-2007, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member
What would be your main reason for buying a diesel Fit??

Old 09-04-2007, 01:18 PM
mostly for lower fuel consumption...and diesel here is cheaper than regular unleaded. I dont really care about how quick I can go with my daily driver...Id rather have it slower and get better MPG. I have enough fun with my Prelude. ;)

Old 09-05-2007, 03:19 AM
5 Year Member
Well I dont know about the fuel there, but Im almost sure its a way better quality than over here. If you buy a diesel here, you have to service it every 10 000km's as opposed to a petrol at 15 000km. A lot of the diesel cars here are smelly, and smoke like a clapped out old car. There is nothing worse than seeing a brand new Golf 5 2.0 TDi pulling off and leaving behind a huge cloud of smoke. Thats why we have such a poor selection of diesel cars, our diesel is just not clean enough for a lot of engines. Which sucks cos it is cheaper and you do get more mileage for your buck. Oh well..... I do have more fun with a petrol though.... I think I'll always be a manual transmission, petrol person!
BTW, have you done any mods on your Prelude?

Old 09-05-2007, 05:45 PM
I have an AEM V2 CAI intake. I also put on a Wings West Rally Sport underbody kit and 17 inch chrome plated Motegis.

Last edited by prelude_guy97; 09-05-2007 at 05:47 PM.

Quick Reply: i test drove a M/T Fit!