Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Bought A Mugen Si

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Fiji is hot though!!! White would be sexy though.

Ohh, JK. :D

agreed. the fiji blue is very nice looking and makes the body kit of the car flow nicely.

it would look cool in white...but not taffeta, it'd have to be championship!:)

anywho, congrats on the purchase! give us a full review! any particular reason you just went with this over your civic? aside from the rarity, i've heard they perform much the same, with the mugen being slightly sharper and more planted at high speed.

they did give you a killer deal on your old si though, you must have had some equity! (or the hook up, he-he...;) )

i think the real world buying prices for this car SHOULD be around what you got it for. The dealers in my area have had theirs for months without any takers. at 26-25k, the price is justifiable.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Here it is. Crappy pic will have a Mugen Si and Fit shoot this weekend!!!!

Old 02-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by eldaino
agreed. the fiji blue is very nice looking and makes the body kit of the car flow nicely.

it would look cool in white...but not taffeta, it'd have to be championship!:)

anywho, congrats on the purchase! give us a full review! any particular reason you just went with this over your civic? aside from the rarity, i've heard they perform much the same, with the mugen being slightly sharper and more planted at high speed.

they did give you a killer deal on your old si though, you must have had some equity! (or the hook up, he-he...;) )

i think the real world buying prices for this car SHOULD be around what you got it for. The dealers in my area have had theirs for months without any takers. at 26-25k, the price is justifiable.
The car drives awesome, no joke. This is my 3rd 8th gen Si and it feels amazing on the road. I have owned 6 Si's and over 20 Honda's and this is my precious. I love this car more than my Fit and that is a big statement, trust me. It makes my old AP1 and AP2(S2k's) feel loose in the corners. :vtec:

Old 02-28-2008, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spoonek4
Surveillance camera & security guards didn't stop the thieves from stealing my friend's DC2 98specR & another Lancer Evo6.5 in Hong Kong couple months ago.

And u may think lowjack helps, it's nothing for the guys over there either. Tons of luxury mini vans & SUV keep being stolen every single day. :)
So TRUE!
I have a DC2 (2000 Acura Integra GSR) with a self installed Crimestoppers alarm with a FUel Cut- Off switch... Parked it at the movie theatres...when I came out, car was gone.

Informed Parking Lot Security and the Popos and eventually found the car abandoned by the exit ramp. Thieves popped the ignition, and tried to start the car by popping into 1st gear. But they could NOT get it started b/c of the Fuel Cut Off...

Old 02-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by bluecivic107
So TRUE!
I have a DC2 (2000 Acura Integra GSR) with a self installed Crimestoppers alarm with a FUel Cut- Off switch... Parked it at the movie theatres...when I came out, car was gone.

Informed Parking Lot Security and the Popos and eventually found the car abandoned by the exit ramp. Thieves popped the ignition, and tried to start the car by popping into 1st gear. But they could NOT get it started b/c of the Fuel Cut Off...
Remember new Honda's ignitions are chipped. Not like old Honda's.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:49 PM
BTW in Florida if you feel like your in danger you can use deadly force. PROTECTED BY SMITH AND WESSON:cool: I will shoot you if you are in my house or my car unwanted. God I love the south:D

Old 02-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Still, theres always a flatbed. A friend of mine RSX-S was towed from in front of his house. It was found, random things removed but surprisingly it wasnt stripped. The car had countless mods and very high prices goodies.

He didnt take the car back due to the way it drove. He said it felt ragged on.
Congrats on the car man. Looks nice.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Still, theres always a flatbed. A friend of mine RSX-S was towed from in front of his house. It was found, random things removed but surprisingly it wasnt stripped. The car had countless mods and very high prices goodies.

No worries my cars are in a garage protected by Brinks at night. With 2 dogs in the house. BTW 2 OC sheriffs live 2 house's down from me so I am really am not worried. Lowjack going on tommorow.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:32 PM
get a lojack too

Old 02-28-2008, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 6speedmaster
Def would appreciate that! Get some interior pics too plz!

Old 02-28-2008, 10:09 PM

my friend has a mustang, and there was a guy going out to meets, meeting guys with nice mustangs, cobras, etc..

he wrote down their lciense plate number, got their address, and brought his tow truck over to their house and bye bye car...

he stole like 10+ cars or something ridiculous like that

Old 02-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by fit_love
my friend has a mustang, and there was a guy going out to meets, meeting guys with nice mustangs, cobras, etc..

he wrote down their lciense plate number, got their address, and brought his tow truck over to their house and bye bye car...

he stole like 10+ cars or something ridiculous like that
Guys if they really want the car that bad they will get it, but if I hear or suspect anything by my car and feel threatened I will shoot them. No bad feelings but **** thieves:wavey: GET A JOB AND EARN A REAL LIVING!!!

Old 02-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Retired Moderator

Looks great man..I love the wheels!!!

Tyler

Old 02-29-2008, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
The car drives awesome, no joke. This is my 3rd 8th gen Si and it feels amazing on the road. I have owned 6 Si's and over 20 Honda's and this is my precious. I love this car more than my Fit and that is a big statement, trust me. It makes my old AP1 and AP2(S2k's) feel loose in the corners. :vtec:

congrats man, it looks great! man you go through a lot of si's! have you kept them or you just like switching out? (i'm assuming you went from one body style to another, and then to this one.)

i belive the statement about the s2ks....the new type r out laps them, and i'm sure this car is no slouch either!

Old 02-29-2008, 03:00 PM
I love th Mugen Si. I was basically drooling over the thing at my local dealer while I was in the showroom waiting for my new fit to be ready. I quit drooling when I saw the 36k sticker on it. Congrats on your purchase, it sounds like you got a great deal!

Old 02-29-2008, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pastafarian
Def would appreciate that! Get some interior pics too plz!

meh, don't get too hyped up...just ask him to take a picture of the shiftknob, because unfortunetly, that the only thing thats different. oh and the small placard that says what number you have. everything else is standard si fare.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:29 PM
More pic's:)

Old 02-29-2008, 06:31 PM

Old 02-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Man - congrads that is just one sweet ride. How do you like the Mugen pedals?

Cat :x

Old 02-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Retired Moderator
Love the new pics! Thats a great looking car.

Tyler

Quick Reply: Bought A Mugen Si