Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Bought A Mugen Si

Old 03-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by F033x
Now you're just being rude.
I couldn't wait to leave due to the person who took the sale but not the commission. Quite the shark.
The reputable salesman who set me up initially,to whom I gave the commission and quoted me the Mugen price was the Sales Manager. Whether i remember his name or not isn't even relevant.

And to end this useless quarrel i could really care less about what you believe.
You paid far too much for a car that is costing dealerships tons in lot fee's, and I'm sure you know invoice differs at every dealership, higher stock dealers pay significantly less on factory invoice.
I was trying to be nice despite my word placement, I simply stated a price i was told, for the sake of helping you go back and refinance if still in the first 30 days.

*drives off in fit* :]
You obviously know nothing about Mugen. The car was not built for everyone and the parts are rare( thus why it is limited). In fact you can only buy the parts if you own a Mugen. You must care what I think cause you are defensive. Funny though how your story changes with every post:rolleyes: . Yes dealerships get a break on what they pay for their selling volume but not a $5800 break. BTW you were not trying to help. You tried to tell me I paid to much and that I could have gotten the car cheaper blah blah blah......... Also once a car leaves the lot it is yours and the deal is done unless the dealership has a return policy and those always have strings attached.

Last edited by 6speedmaster; 03-06-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:05 PM
It's become just too fashionable to bash this car.

I can get pretty philisophical about cars. Every car has a "meaning" - an underlying intention of design reflected in its material manifestation.

The Mugen Si becomes a lot more sensible when you look at the underlying design of the car. First, its a factory modification of a car that is already considered a factory modification. The "base" Si is a car that is intended to be a factory-tuned modified car, sold and warranteed by Honda themselves. They saw what people were doing on the street to get performance out of their base cars and it told them what kind of car to build and sell to the public. And they do it at a bargain.

So if the Si is already a tuner car...then what exactly is the Mugen Si? is it a tuner car of a car that has already been tuned? No. The intention behind this car is that is a SHOW CAR built and warranteed by Honda. Then you can see why someone would be willing to pay nearly 30% more than the cost of a base Si, because for a show car, it is a bargain.

So please, leave this car and its owners alone. They are no more foolish for buying a Mugen Si than someone who buys a base Si, because they both do it to accomplish a feat that they could perform themselves, but instead let the company do it - for a price that becomes more than reasonable when viewed in this light. No one who buys this car is going to do any more than keep it clean and waxed to perfection constantly, going through every nook and cranny with a toothbrush if necessary - it's not a track car and no one would be dumb enough to take it canyon running.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kristina_kim

I can get pretty philisophical about cars. Every car has a "meaning" - an underlying intention of design reflected in its material manifestation.

The Mugen Si becomes a lot more sensible when you look at the underlying design of the car. First, its a factory modification of a car that is already considered a factory modification. The "base" Si is a car that is intended to be a factory-tuned modified car, sold and warranteed by Honda themselves. They saw what people were doing on the street to get performance out of their base cars and it told them what kind of car to build and sell to the public. And they do it at a bargain.

So if the Si is already a tuner car...then what exactly is the Mugen Si? is it a tuner car of a car that has already been tuned? No. The intention behind this car is that is a SHOW CAR built and warranteed by Honda. Then you can see why someone would be willing to pay nearly 30% more than the cost of a base Si, because for a show car, it is a bargain.

So please, leave this car and its owners alone. They are no more foolish for buying a Mugen Si than someone who buys a base Si, because they both do it to accomplish a feat that they could perform themselves, but instead let the company do it - for a price that becomes more than reasonable when viewed in this light. No one who buys this car is going to do any more than keep it clean and waxed to perfection constantly, going through every nook and cranny with a toothbrush if necessary - it's not a track car and no one would be dumb enough to take it canyon running.

whoa whoa whoa!

so since when has mugen been all about show and no go? that certainly doesn't back up the meaning of their name...'without limits', hmmm maybe there are a few?

if it is indeed a 'show car' where is the interior bling? sorry, but a shift knob and placard simply does not cut it. why bother with lightweight forged wheels? or suspension mods?

A lot of people have been let down because we know what mugen can do...but the fact of the matter is that even honda realizes that its the rarity of the car that will get it to sell...unfortunately a lot of younger guys/girls who care about mugen cant really afford what they are asking for.

Personally, the whole 'factory' tuned thing is a bit overrated...how much tuning goes into a bodykit? well, the mugen is functional, but i seriously doubt that any other quality aftermarket bodykit, suspension, or exhaust maker would hurt your warranty with their product.

an expensive car with a body kit and suspension-related mods? sounds like a track car to me....

then there is the market to consider. you can get a hellauva lot more car for the same price...well, at least before sti's were nearing 40k.

Don't get me wrong(speedmaster you listening?) i think the car looks wonderful, and its a very cool concept, but even when you take into consideration the amount of parts, most folks would have preferred it to cost a little less, maybe around 26, 27k. not doable? its already not profitable, hence the low numbers. and what makes even less sense is how honda has commented that it wont sell the type r civic here in the states because 'no one will pay 27k for a civic'.

but apparently, we are ok paying 30.:D

again, a great concept, a sharp looking car...worth 30k? to a very very very small minority of people.*

*another interesting point to note is that most mugen-whores spend their money on parts that are performance oriented, and they pay a pretty penny. i don't think anyone is disputing that mugen/honda guys don't know or understand why the parts are so expensive, i just think most of us would have preferred something more performance oriented rather than a mixture of the show and go, with a strong lean towards the show.

hmm...now it sounds like i'm contradicting myself. oh well.;)

Last edited by eldaino; 03-12-2008 at 03:27 PM. Reason: typing to dang fast!
Old 03-16-2008, 08:51 PM

Screw that show car BS!!! I drive my Mugen like it is supposed to be driven, HARD AND FAST!. I have owned 2 previous 8th gen Si's and they drove nothing like the Mugen. Not 2 mention my 92 Si Hatch, 94 Si Del Sol, 99 Si coupe, and my 02 Si hatch(oh yeah 2 s2000's 1 AP1 and 1AP2). I AM A HONDA FANATIC. so just stop the back and forth. I feel like I got a good deal and love my cars. Just stop hating PERIOD!!!!:D

Old 03-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by eldaino
whoa whoa whoa!

so since when has mugen been all about show and no go? that certainly doesn't back up the meaning of their name...'without limits', hmmm maybe there are a few?

if it is indeed a 'show car' where is the interior bling? sorry, but a shift knob and placard simply does not cut it. why bother with lightweight forged wheels? or suspension mods?

A lot of people have been let down because we know what mugen can do...but the fact of the matter is that even honda realizes that its the rarity of the car that will get it to sell...unfortunately a lot of younger guys/girls who care about mugen cant really afford what they are asking for.

Personally, the whole 'factory' tuned thing is a bit overrated...how much tuning goes into a bodykit? well, the mugen is functional, but i seriously doubt that any other quality aftermarket bodykit, suspension, or exhaust maker would hurt your warranty with their product.

an expensive car with a body kit and suspension-related mods? sounds like a track car to me....

then there is the market to consider. you can get a hellauva lot more car for the same price...well, at least before sti's were nearing 40k.

Don't get me wrong(speedmaster you listening?) i think the car looks wonderful, and its a very cool concept, but even when you take into consideration the amount of parts, most folks would have preferred it to cost a little less, maybe around 26, 27k. not doable? its already not profitable, hence the low numbers. and what makes even less sense is how honda has commented that it wont sell the type r civic here in the states because 'no one will pay 27k for a civic'.

but apparently, we are ok paying 30.:D

again, a great concept, a sharp looking car...worth 30k? to a very very very small minority of people.*

*another interesting point to note is that most mugen-whores spend their money on parts that are performance oriented, and they pay a pretty penny. i don't think anyone is disputing that mugen/honda guys don't know or understand why the parts are so expensive, i just think most of us would have preferred something more performance oriented rather than a mixture of the show and go, with a strong lean towards the show.

hmm...now it sounds like i'm contradicting myself. oh well.;)
Just stop. I didn't show you my new car to have a debate. I DON'T WANT an EVO or a STI. I am a Honda fanatic, PERIOD!. It was worth it to me so leave it alone. Now with that said on to the next forum_____________

Old 03-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by 6speedmaster
Screw that show car BS!!! I drive my Mugen like it is supposed to be driven, HARD AND FAST!. I have owned 2 previous 8th gen Si's and they drove nothing like the Mugen. Not 2 mention my 92 Si Hatch, 94 Si Del Sol, 99 Si coupe, and my 02 Si hatch(oh yeah 2 s2000's 1 AP1 and 1AP2). I AM A HONDA FANATIC. so just stop the back and forth. I feel like I got a good deal and love my cars. Just stop hating PERIOD!!!!:D
I'm not hating, i'm just saying that the reason why people buy it is more or less the same reason why people buy an Si; just as people buy an Si for factory performance, you bought the Mugen for factory aftermarket looks...yes? Something sexy built by Honda (or at least, their factory tuning division) regardless of how you drive it. And I know show cars don't just sit still. Again, i'm not hating.

Enjoy your car :wavey: dude, rock chips on that car must suck extra hard :(

Old 03-17-2008, 03:39 AM
I just read this whole thing and it put me in a bad mood. Everytime 6speed tries to stop the bickering, someone will say some dumb sh*t like "im not hating, but rock chips must suck extra hard". THATS HATING!!! It's a nice whip, and if everyone on here was as much of an enthusiast for that H badge (and sometimes that star trek badge) as 6speed is, and they had the money, they'd all have a 2008 MUGEN CIVIC Si SEDAN. He got one, you don't. Congratulate him on a nice car and move on. It's so sad to see the nice people on this forum get into retarded arguments.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by way2slo
I just read this whole thing and it put me in a bad mood. Everytime 6speed tries to stop the bickering, someone will say some dumb sh*t like "im not hating, but rock chips must suck extra hard". THATS HATING!!! It's a nice whip, and if everyone on here was as much of an enthusiast for that H badge (and sometimes that star trek badge) as 6speed is, and they had the money, they'd all have a 2008 MUGEN CIVIC Si SEDAN. He got one, you don't. Congratulate him on a nice car and move on. It's so sad to see the nice people on this forum get into retarded arguments.
Thank you:)

Old 03-17-2008, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
I just traded in my 06 Si for a Fit and I can say I will really miss the Si. I sat at the dealership and oogled the Mugen Si and the S2000 CR wondering if I made the right move. Congrats on being able to have both, you have 2 bad ass rides!

Old 03-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by mikef1182
I just traded in my 06 Si for a Fit and I can say I will really miss the Si. I sat at the dealership and oogled the Mugen Si and the S2000 CR wondering if I made the right move. Congrats on being able to have both, you have 2 bad ass rides!
Well you won't miss paying for premium when you go to the gas station. Congratz on the Fit. It will grow on you more and more everyday.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
LOL Thats true, I filled up from half a tank in 12 bucks and was like SWEET!

Old 03-17-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm not hating, i'm just saying that the reason why people buy it is more or less the same reason why people buy an Si; just as people buy an Si for factory performance, you bought the Mugen for factory aftermarket looks...yes? Something sexy built by Honda (or at least, their factory tuning division) regardless of how you drive it. And I know show cars don't just sit still. Again, i'm not hating.

Enjoy your car :wavey: dude, rock chips on that car must suck extra hard :(
Rock chips suck on any car not just the Mugen. I did not buy the Mugen for aftermarket looks, I bought it because of the Mugen parts on it and I wanted it.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
Just stop. I didn't show you my new car to have a debate. I DON'T WANT an EVO or a STI. I am a Honda fanatic, PERIOD!. It was worth it to me so leave it alone. Now with that said on to the next forum_____________

:confused:

i was defending your purchase, while bringing up valid points. i know you didn't WANT an evo or sti, but thats not what i was talking about...i was just making my point that honda built this car for someone exactly like you, and its great that you are able to benefit from a cool concept!

not hating on ya man....:(

Old 03-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by eldaino
:confused:

i was defending your purchase, while bringing up valid points. i know you didn't WANT an evo or sti, but thats not what i was talking about...i was just making my point that honda built this car for someone exactly like you, and its great that you are able to benefit from a cool concept!

not hating on ya man....:(
Sorry I misunderstood you. My apologies.:)

Old 03-18-2008, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry I misunderstood you. My apologies.:)

hey don't worry man! its the internet, somtimes all the smiles in the world don't help get a point across!:)

drive that mugen hard man, thats what it was meant for!;)

Old 03-19-2008, 03:46 AM
Rock chips suck on any car not just the Mugen. I did not buy the Mugen for aftermarket looks, I bought it because of the Mugen parts on it and I wanted it.
I'm just saying with a car with such nice parts on it...it just sucks, y'know? i'm not hating...god you people are sensitive. You're worse than 8thcivic.com and i thought they were the worst.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:50 AM
C_O
i saw my first mugen civic si on the freeway last Sunday and it looks even better than it does on paper or a computer screen! i was on the 405 south near the 101 and i tried to catch up to it. too bad i was in the car with my GF (driving her car), she would nag my head-off if i even tried :rolleyes:

enjoy your Mugen SI! i really wish i could afford one; then again, my nerves would keep me from parking it anywhere besides my home garage. i don't know if i could handle that kind of stress :hyper: LoL

-Charlie

Old 03-19-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm just saying with a car with such nice parts on it...it just sucks, y'know? i'm not hating...god you people are sensitive. You're worse than 8thcivic.com and i thought they were the worst.
Then go to a another forum, we won't miss you:wavey: :rotfl: :D

Old 03-22-2008, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
the sad part is when a dissenting opinion is considered hating.

congrats on the car. i'll reserve my opinions of the car because people wouldn't be able to handle it. :rotfl: