Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Bought A Mugen Si

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
I like the Aspec kit... And I see the MPH wasnt as high. 97mph seems more legit.
I guess it does sound like Im hatin on the car. Sorry.
The times are similar with the RSX-S and your old Si due to the cams being the same. The reason why the 05-06 RSX-S shine with bolt ons.

Again, I dont keep up on the Si's. I know Ive seen some 1/4times in peoples sigs on CRSX that have Si's and some are pretty good. Ive seen 2 local ones run good times at our track. 1 I know has nitrous though. I could tell at the big power/sound increase at the same rpm in 1st gear everytime. He denied it. ;)

And damn thats an old time ship. The track is 100% different now. They lanes even have new names. Its the Appliance Direct lane (left) and Carl Black lane (right) now.
Haven't been to Bithlo in a long time. Working on my house and saving money for other things is more a priority. So no worries.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Youll freak out at how much its changed. Its actually pretty nice now. All new stands, new LED score boards and fiber optic track lasers. Track lanes have been widened by 2-3 more lanes. Everythings repainted.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Youll freak out at how much its changed. Its actually pretty nice now. All new stands, new LED score boards and fiber optic track lasers. Track lanes have been widened by 2-3 more lanes. Everythings repainted.
WOW sounds awesome. BTW I have my old lip. Do you still want it?

Old 03-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I actually need the whole front bumper. I was hoping to trade with someone.
My front lip has left little chips in my front bumper from where the lip comes up and goes into the bumper when I bottom out.

I also painted the bottom half of my bumper black. Youll see that area when the OEM lip is back on. So..... I kinda need the whole bumper. :D
Id just keep it just in case. Of put it up for sale.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:49 AM
Originally Posted by 6speedmaster
Well today we bought a Mugen Si. We pick it up from the dealership this saturaday. They gave me $21,250 for our 2007 Si and $27,295 for the Mugen. I will post pictures as soon as possible.:vtec:

NIIIIIIIICE
the dealership where i got my fit had a freakin civic COUPE LX with grey hood and trunk with silver body with black rims for 28,000 hahahaha

with that i couldve gotten their used S2k's
hahaha
nice pick up
I LOVE SI's they're so fun to drive

Old 03-03-2008, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
its interesting to see the gripes of the z3 motor....

have we confirmed that it is in fact using a2 cams?

because i would say the biggest culprit would be all the extra added weight that the si has over old rsx type s.

high revving high hp motor in a lightweight car= classic honda bliss

the same concept in a car that weights quite a bit more=not so blissful.

the mugen, while sporting a lighter exhaust and lighter wheels, is actually slower to 60 than the regular si sedan, givent the body kits extra weight. (but man that front diffuser is awesome!)

Old 03-03-2008, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
Ive driven plenty of Civic Si's. I think the cars are
Ive raced one in my Fit. Until my 3rd gear he didnt pull. If that doesnt say something I dont know what will. Hahha!

So the motors are NOT the same as some say. It doesnt take to mods like the 05-06 Type-S's do.
There is no way you kept up with an 07 si, the driver must have been horrible or he was messin with u...i drove both cars and the si would have run over the fit in every gear, u must not be able to drive stick if u drove an si and felt that the fit was faster

Old 03-03-2008, 06:44 PM
I think under some certain situations the fit and an si sedan would be close. I've seen 0-60 times of over 8 sec. This could be close for a race with a mildly modified base fit driven well. Its a stretch but the si sedan isn't truly that fast.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by jeimusu86
There is no way you kept up with an 07 si, the driver must have been horrible or he was messin with u...i drove both cars and the si would have run over the fit in every gear, u must not be able to drive stick if u drove an si and felt that the fit was faster
He was deff trying... Hahah! He asked me what I had done at the next light too, like he was impressed.
What I did notice is he had his traction control on. Tiny chirp from the launch, chirp from 2nd and the car seemed to fall on its face. And on top I know how to drive cars.
There are slow Si's and fast ones as 6speedmaster said. Like any car.

I didnt say that I felt the Fit was faster, or I dont remember saying that? When I drive the Si's, I dont really feel anything. Not compared to the RSX-S. I love feeling the power band get aggressive. Si's you cant, but Im sure thats tuning and normal.

New cars are all about driver comfort, low noise, save the OOozone. :rolleyes:

Old 03-03-2008, 09:01 PM
He was deff trying... Hahah! He asked me what I had done at the next light too, like he was impressed.
What I did notice is he had his traction control on. Tiny chirp from the launch, chirp from 2nd and the car seemed to fall on its face. And on top I know how to drive cars.

I didnt say that I felt the Fit was faster, or I dont remember saying that? When I drive the Si's, I dont really feel anything. Not compared to the RSX-S. I love feeling the power band get aggressive. Si's you cant, but Im sure thats tuning and normal.

LOL, well we finally agree mate:) . He is right like any car some are fast, some are slow. Si's are not as raw as the RSX Type-S, this doesn't mean they are not as fast. I have owned both. I know where MX6 is coming from. I love my Mugen though and have a big old grin everytime I look at it.:D

Old 03-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Seeing the price drop that was going on in Arizona i decided to check what the dealer here in Lincoln, NE was selling their's for. They have it sitting at $30,264 and when i was last there for the first oil change a couple of weeks ago someone had already stolen the shift-knob and they had yet to receive the replacement and they were not sure when it would arrive.

After leaving my dealer's website i decided to check out the Tempe Honda website and they still have their's but the website states that they want $29,500 for it so I'm thinking the salesman was blowing smoke where it does not belong.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:02 AM

One of the big reasons the RSX-S powerband feels stronger is the tuning. Honda purposely tunes in a "vtec kick". Look at any K-series or s2000 dyno...there is a big drop in torque right before the crossover. In reality not feeling a kick when you go onto the high cam yields more power and a faster car although it doesnt seem like it.

On the newer honda cars (ie new si and 06 S2k) honda has gotten smart and has finally tuned out the kick for a smoother, more powerful engine. On the new s2000 hondata can barely get anymore power compared to the old ones where they found a decent bit.

I have autocrossed both RSX-S and Si and the Si is a better car although i do feel the RSX feels faster. Hell at the end of last season I ran my fit with only lowering springs and crappy kuhmo slicks at a fun event. It was only .4 seconds off the fully prepared STX RSX i ran the same day.

Really its personal preference......but the Mugen is balla! Keep it stock and clean!

Old 03-05-2008, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Biven5
Seeing the price drop that was going on in Arizona i decided to check what the dealer here in Lincoln, NE was selling their's for. They have it sitting at $30,264 and when i was last there for the first oil change a couple of weeks ago someone had already stolen the shift-knob and they had yet to receive the replacement and they were not sure when it would arrive.

After leaving my dealer's website i decided to check out the Tempe Honda website and they still have their's but the website states that they want $29,500 for it so I'm thinking the salesman was blowing smoke where it does not belong.

no the internet pricing is way off.
if you go in there and say your looking into it, you can talk down to 22k. thats what i was told by the only reputable salesman.

id build a Mugen ground up though. i'm sure the Mugen si has little development from the JP team. / they could of at least sold it with a supercharger or some kind of forced induction system.

just my two cents. it is aesthetically pleasing though.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by F033x
if you go in there and say your looking into it, you can talk down to 22k. thats what i was told by the only reputable salesman.

id build a Mugen ground up though. i'm sure the Mugen si has little development from the JP team. / they could of at least sold it with a supercharger or some kind of forced induction system.

No dealership will sell that car for $5800 under invoice. That is the price of a normal Civic Si. Please post this on 8thCivic.com - 8th Generation Civics .Just to watch people bombard you on where this car is located. The wheels alone no tires are $2,000. Sorry but you were lied to. There is no dealer cash on the car so they will not take a loss like that. I worked @ a Honda dealership for 4 years as a salesman and finance manager when I was in college so I am no noob to this. It is cheaper to keep the car in the show room. You could buy a normal Si put on the HFP suspension, under body kit, HFP 18 inch wheels & tires with install from Honda and would be more than 22k.

Last edited by 6speedmaster; 03-05-2008 at 08:41 AM. Reason: added more
Old 03-05-2008, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
No dealership will sell that car for $5800 under invoice. That is the price of a normal Civic Si. Please post this on 8thCivic.com - 8th Generation Civics .Just to watch people bombard you on where this car is located. The wheels alone no tires are $2,000. Sorry but you were lied to. There is no dealer cash on the car so they will not take a loss like that. I worked @ a Honda dealership for 4 years as a salesman and finance manager when I was in college so I am no noob to this. It is cheaper to keep the car in the show room. You could buy a normal Si put on the HFP suspension, under body kit, HFP 18 inch wheels & tires with install from Honda and would be more than 22k.
to be honest i don't care to quarrel about such a petty topic, and if i did want to on any forum i would go to 4chan autos and watch inbreds throw rocks at each others idea of a good car. :D :D

Last edited by F033x; 03-05-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:02 PM
to be honest i don't care to quarrel about such a petty topic, and if i did want to on any forum i would go to 4chan autos and watch inbreds throw rocks at each others idea of a good car. :D :D
Then stop misinforming people. 1st you said you couldn't wait to leave the dealership due to the salesmen and now you are calling him reputable. If he was reputable you would probably know his name. And the sales staff do not make the descision on what the car sells for, that would be management.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member

aside from what 6speed has mentioned about the internet pricing, a f.i. mugen ANYTHING would be priced to sit on a show room for eternity. the only F.I. mugen has ever done was on a one-off fit concept i belive. For the most part, they are n/a guys.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member

i don't think its so much of an issue of 'there are fast and slow si's' just that there are bad and great drivers.

a lot of young kids get pulled to the honda crowd with a fast and furious idea of how quick they'll be going.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jrose29
One of the big reasons the RSX-S powerband feels stronger is the tuning. Honda purposely tunes in a "vtec kick". Look at any K-series or s2000 dyno...there is a big drop in torque right before the crossover. In reality not feeling a kick when you go onto the high cam yields more power and a faster car although it doesnt seem like it.

On the newer honda cars (ie new si and 06 S2k) honda has gotten smart and has finally tuned out the kick for a smoother, more powerful engine. On the new s2000 hondata can barely get anymore power compared to the old ones where they found a decent bit.

I have autocrossed both RSX-S and Si and the Si is a better car although i do feel the RSX feels faster. Hell at the end of last season I ran my fit with only lowering springs and crappy kuhmo slicks at a fun event. It was only .4 seconds off the fully prepared STX RSX i ran the same day.

Really its personal preference......but the Mugen is balla! Keep it stock and clean!

this was a great post...its all about tuning!

i will say this though....to say that the vtec 'kicking in' is not as prevalent in the new si over the rsx-s (like mx was saying) is a bit off as most new si drivers can still feel the 'kick'.

having said that, i-vtec isn't the same as b series vtec. its done in stages, 3 to be precise and the 3rd one is the one that is the most aggresive, hence the one that feels like it has the most 'kick' in it.

even hondatas own website talks about how the path to power on newer and si's and pretty much EVERY k equipped car usually means a muting of this surge in power in the top of the band.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
ettiquette

Then stop misinforming people. 1st you said you couldn't wait to leave the dealership due to the salesmen and now you are calling him reputable. If he was reputable you would probably know his name. And the sales staff do not make the descision on what the car sells for, that would be management.
Now you're just being rude.
I couldn't wait to leave due to the person who took the sale but not the commission. Quite the shark.
The reputable salesman who set me up initially,to whom I gave the commission and quoted me the Mugen price was the Sales Manager. Whether i remember his name or not isn't even relevant.

And to end this useless quarrel i could really care less about what you believe.
You paid far too much for a car that is costing dealerships tons in lot fee's, and I'm sure you know invoice differs at every dealership, higher stock dealers pay significantly less on factory invoice.
I was trying to be nice despite my word placement, I simply stated a price i was told, for the sake of helping you go back and refinance if still in the first 30 days.

*drives off in fit* :]

Quick Reply: Bought A Mugen Si