Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Ferrari's through Decker Canyon & Rock Store

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
Ferrari's through Decker Canyon & Rock Store

Some 15 years ago my best buddy and myself blasted Mulholland and it's tributaries on a regular bases past 1am. On one undisclosed location was one of those early radar displays of speed. It was intended to slow people down below 35mph on a downhill run into a sharp corner. Our fun was to beat our previous triple digit speed! Those were "practice runs" for the real show off blasts on Saturday's and Sunday's morning (daytime) runs with race bikes and some serious exotic race car machinery. Quite a few were not registered and gray marker road racing and rally cars. Bikes were two stroke race bikes without lights, side markers and plates.
My buddies GTI MK1 and my '90 CRX Si quickly made us famous among hard core crowd. They loved setting up newbie show offs for races against us. It was fun and above all stupid. Very unsafe. We were lackey for most part and made it more or less in one piece. You know what they say, "God protects the young, the stupid and drunks". Gained skill made us very competitive autocrossing in mid '90s.
Since then we got a lot smarter and mature. My best buddy, a dedicated VW fan, just sold his modded R32 and got himself a very nice TW Fit Sport 5 speed. He needed to save on his monthly expenses and that motivated him to switch. It wasn't that hard. He always liked Honda's and frequently we swapped keys. He posted best time up hill on Decker in my CRX, while I held a record downhill run.

Say hello to my best friend and fellow FitFreak member Alex ( ICIN235 )!

Here is the video of Ferrari crowd impeding traffic on our former stomping ground:
Ferrari Challenge Stradale Event-Canyons
There are some nice videos and sounds in other linked videos, so check them out!

One of these days when I complete prepping my CRX for track events I will take it down to Los Angeles and revisit these canyons, both during daytime and 2am, with camera attached!

Old 08-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Retired Moderator
Wow! Sick vids in GREAT quality on that site.
Thanks for sharing Ivan!

Tyler

Old 08-04-2008, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
Whoa that's a lot of nice Ferrari cruising at the same time. Just like the "morning drive" scene in Hong Kong.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Buncha sexy cars but not a lot of impressive driving. :b It's a shame the Fit coulda done that canyon just as fast.