Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Toyota Yaris vs Honda Fit!!!!

Old 02-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Toyota Yaris vs Honda Fit!!!!

Hey Guys and Gals!! I'm new at this so forgive the lack of originality 0k?
Gimme some feedback on what you think would be the better car between the two...and please consider the price..
thanks a bunch!!!!!

Old 02-04-2006, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
Are you really expecting unbiased replies from a Honda Fit forum? :-)

The car that is better is the one that meets your needs. So what are your needs?

Old 02-04-2006, 03:48 AM
Someone that Posts too much
I can't see past the ugly front end of the Yaris. It may grow on me but probably more like a rash. Wouldn't date a girl that needs a paper bag on her head or a dozen beers (beers for me not her) either. Toyota must be visiting the Impreza WRX school of styling.

Why do the passengers get a better view of the speedo? I understand clustering everything in the center saves on configuration for left and right hand drive markets but then the drivers seat needs to be in the center also.

I like chips and a coke to come with my burger. Why is everything on a Toyota an optional extra? Why is safety a luxury option? It wouldn't be so bad if the optional extras weren't bundled in unwanted packs. Does everyone who wants air bags need a sun roof?

I had a base model Corolla a few months back for a week. I have never seen so much grey in one interior. Everything was grey. Everywhere you looked was grey. If you spend a few extra thousand you get an interior as on other brands in every model.

Last edited by vividjazz; 02-04-2006 at 04:03 AM.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:32 PM
There's an idea- put the driver's seat in the centre so you can drive in any country.

Old 02-04-2006, 02:55 PM
The dealbreaker for me, as far as the Yaris goes, is that the rear headroom is not good enough. Maybe the rear seat was not adjusted correctly in the 4 door I tried at my local auto show, but I couldn't sit straight. (I'm 6'3" BTW.)

The dealbreaker for the Honda Fit will be if the ride is too harsh (headroom is fine), and I’m waiting for a test drive to find that out.

I'm expecting the pricing to be similar for both cars. No matter how the options added, I expect that a well-equipped Yaris will cost the same as a Fit with the same options.

Last edited by mwqa; 02-04-2006 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
the new yaris interior doesn't do it for me, especially that goddamn centre console. Who's idea was it to bang that in the middle? What the hell were they smoking?!

If it had been placed in the "norm" position, then I would think differently, but because of that centre console, I'd have to think twice before I'd buy it.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Ya the Yaris just seems to be too stripped down at the base model level. I like the "magic seat" function of the Fit as well as all the goodies that come standard. That center console / guage thing just plain irritates me.

Another thing I noticed about the Yaris is that the front bumper cover seems to go very far up the front of the car. With such a tiny little hood on that thing...looks like it would be very difficult to do any work in the engine bay...I would think there are many hard to reach areas in there.

Old 02-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Honda and toyota have always gave one another a run for there money, but when it comes down to it, it seems like toyota is always the one geting knocked out. So i would go with the Honda while toyota is still in a daze.

Old 02-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Fit...fit ?

I haven't seen either the Yaris or the Jazz up close yet, but I'm 6'2", and about 350#....am I going to fit behind the wheel of either car ? I don't fit in a new Civic...

Old 02-09-2006, 05:30 PM
I am 6'4", 225lbs and I fit fine in the new Civic, Yaris and probably the Fit. I also believe that due to the chair like seating in cars like the Yaris and Fit, there is more leg-room which is probably the issue you have. Also, since you are a heavy guy the taller cabin of the fit and yaris may be more comfortable when entering or exiting.

Last edited by Ante; 02-09-2006 at 05:31 PM. Reason: correction
Old 02-09-2006, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
I've heard of some pretty big guys fitting in the Scion xB so that might be an option if you don't fit in a Fit.

Old 02-09-2006, 10:53 PM
I have lost 50#, but don't fit in either the Scion xb, nor Civic....need belly room.

Cosidering the number of " obese " people around now days wouldn't you think we would be an automotive " target group " ?

I like the looks/idea behind both the Fit and the Yaris, and I hope I CAN fit....

Old 02-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by vividjazz
I can't see past the ugly front end of the Yaris. It may grow on me but probably more like a rash. Wouldn't date a girl that needs a paper bag on her head or a dozen beers (beers for me not her) either. Toyota must be visiting the Impreza WRX school of styling.

Why do the passengers get a better view of the speedo? I understand clustering everything in the center saves on configuration for left and right hand drive markets but then the drivers seat needs to be in the center also.

I like chips and a coke to come with my burger. Why is everything on a Toyota an optional extra? Why is safety a luxury option? It wouldn't be so bad if the optional extras weren't bundled in unwanted packs. Does everyone who wants air bags need a sun roof?

I had a base model Corolla a few months back for a week. I have never seen so much grey in one interior. Everything was grey. Everywhere you looked was grey. If you spend a few extra thousand you get an interior as on other brands in every model.
subaru and toyota actually have gotten together in their iindiana plant, this makes both that much better, neither of the 2 have had any major problems, honda on the other hand is started to get put together in canada, ever since this honda in my opinion has gone down in quality!

Old 02-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by mwqa
The dealbreaker for me, as far as the Yaris goes, is that the rear headroom is not good enough. Maybe the rear seat was not adjusted correctly in the 4 door I tried at my local auto show, but I couldn't sit straight. (I'm 6'3" BTW.)

The dealbreaker for the Honda Fit will be if the ride is too harsh (headroom is fine), and I’m waiting for a test drive to find that out.

I'm expecting the pricing to be similar for both cars. No matter how the options added, I expect that a well-equipped Yaris will cost the same as a Fit with the same options.
actually the seats in the yaris will slide and recline on the both models

Old 02-12-2006, 10:00 PM
Someone that Posts too much
Originally Posted by p2filz
subaru and toyota actually have gotten together in their iindiana plant, this makes both that much better, neither of the 2 have had any major problems, honda on the other hand is started to get put together in canada, ever since this honda in my opinion has gone down in quality!
US/Canadian Fit is entirely built in Japan so manufacturing facilities of Honda in North America are not very relavent unless production of the Fit starts there in a couple of years time after its a huge success. The car available at launch will be all Japanese product.

Is the North American Yaris manufactured in Indiana?

Old 02-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Hi all, new here.. looking into getting a subcompact when the war between all the new models shakes out :) Always interesting to see different perspectives from each model's enthusiasts..

This is the thread from yarisworld comparing the yaris to other subcompacts and it definitely sounds differently than here :)

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21

Anyways my vote is currently for the Fit since it looks the best, I'll have to wait to test drive it though.

Old 02-16-2006, 04:59 AM
The only really big issue that I have with the Yaris is its center-console design. Being so used to having the gauge read-outs directly over the driver's column is something to which I think most of us are very accustomed. I really dislike the idea for new buyers who haven't driven the design in the past. I feel there is a strong potential for increased Yaris accidents precisely because of this console. If your eyes are hunting around for the spedometer or tachometer, they're not where they should be--on the road.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Service engine bay

Originally Posted by SilverNChrome
Ya the Yaris just seems to be too stripped down at the base model level. I like the "magic seat" function of the Fit as well as all the goodies that come standard. That center console / guage thing just plain irritates me.

Another thing I noticed about the Yaris is that the front bumper cover seems to go very far up the front of the car. With such a tiny little hood on that thing...looks like it would be very difficult to do any work in the engine bay...I would think there are many hard to reach areas in there.

I know what you mean about the hood. Has anyone looked at the service aspect? Where is the radiator? I bet you have to remove the front bumper cover to remove the radiator. Which means remove the front of the car! I'm not certain on this, does anyone have a liftback that can tell us?

Nissan GOD

Old 02-16-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by vividjazz
US/Canadian Fit is entirely built in Japan so manufacturing facilities of Honda in North America are not very relavent unless production of the Fit starts there in a couple of years time after its a huge success. The car available at launch will be all Japanese product.

Is the North American Yaris manufactured in Indiana?

The north american Yaris liftback is made in Eroupe somewhere, France comes to mind for some reason. The Yaris sedan is made in Japan. The Sedan will most likely be of better quality.

BTW, the French/Japanese Versa is made in Mexico and has horid assembly/quality/service issues. I was going to buy one, but now my focus has switched to the FIT.

Nissan GOD

Old 02-16-2006, 12:50 PM
kps
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Just noticed, while comparing vehicles: google "Toyota Yaris" or "Nissan Versa" and the top ad at present is Honda's. ("Kia Rio" is not so honoured.)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Toyota Yaris vs Honda Fit!!!!