Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Just found the car Im trading in my fit for...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 09:31 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
Agree that car choices are going to contract, especially in the sports car and hot rod realm. This has happened before, and it will happen again.

One cool thing is that we just went through a FANTASTIC period for cars and car enthusiasts. Combine that with the downturn in the economy and the result is that the used market will be filled with really fabulous hardware at really delectable prices for the next several years. It's a great time to be on the lookout for that <insert automotive object of affection here> you always wanted but could not quite afford or justify.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I don't think it comes with a manual (you know, the real kind that includes a clutch)... enough said ;)

Old 01-11-2009, 08:41 AM
5 Year Member
Nice car but if i am going for a turboed 4cyl its going to be a evo if i am going for a non turbo 4cyl honda/acura. I miss my evo great performance car. But u have to pay to play i dont want to spend that much money any more an a car. The brake system alone on my evo was $4k and to get my clutch replaced was $1k just for parts and that was a single. If i got a dual clutch it was more around $2k and like i said that is parts only. Good race cars are always going to cost alot to maintian and keep them on the road. I mean have u seen the bills on the skyline i have its crazy. I found a car that is fun to drive and is great on gas/insurance and has plenty of room in it. And is cheap to maintain and to put some mods onto it. And that is the fit i hated it at first now that i am geting more wiser i love it. But hey after spending as much money as i did on my 98 cobra and 03 evo to race them u would probaly want to stay with the fit. Now if i made more i would have a fit as a DD and evo for the weekends. But i am trying to do that in about 3 years or so. GL with what u want just do some looking into it for the total cost.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:50 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
Wow. Folks knocking the Genesis in particular and Hyundai in general may want to read up on current events:

A Hyundai Is Car of the Year - Wheels Blog - NYTimes.com

Hyundai Genesis boldly goes where no Korean car has gone before - AutoWeek Magazine

Old 01-13-2009, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
I don't think it comes with a manual (you know, the real kind that includes a clutch)... enough said ;)

it does actually and its a six speed.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope
If you are gonna prove a point, YOU look it up, and Acura has always been rebadged hondas, and it has worked just fine.

i can't be bothered right now to do so, so i wont. you seem to know how to use the internet. and yes acura's have for the most part always been rebadged hondas.

and it hasn't worked. why do you think acura is not doing so great?
why do you think acura doesn't have the same luxury marque snobbiness that lexus has? because people look at them as nicer hondas and thats not good for buisness.

acura is trying to change that. again, they are trying to make cars for an intended demographic and not be stupid with their lineups, which again, shows that they are trying, contrary to your previous posts.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:12 PM
so yea, i went and looked at a genesis today , stickers was 40k+ , OP said they were under 25k, What happened?

Old 01-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
sedans are more expensive with the new alpha v8, the coupes are cheaper, the 2.0t is cheapest

Old 01-16-2009, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tounge73
so yea, i went and looked at a genesis today , stickers was 40k+ , OP said they were under 25k, What happened?

yeah its only for the coupe. the coupe only gets the turbo and the v-6, sedan gets the v-6 or the v-8. the turbo coupe is the cheapest.

best time to buy a hyundai genesis? after the hoopla settles down and its been on sale for a couple of years. you'll be able to get one for under msrp AND with all the discounts hyundai will undoubtedly give.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wdb
Wow. Folks knocking the Genesis in particular and Hyundai in general may want to read up on current events:

A Hyundai Is Car of the Year - Wheels Blog - NYTimes.com

Hyundai Genesis boldly goes where no Korean car has gone before - AutoWeek Magazine

yah, but it's like telling little kids 'wow that's a great picture you drew,
you're a true artist!' although it looks like a pos.

they're coming around but not there yet... the reality is they have not
touched my emotions yet with their offerings.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
All car companys are trying to broden there market to make money. come on we all know this. Look most sports cars now are more family friendly i would say. And not meant for tuners. Now the cars i would want are way out of my price range. But i did not see this car in a 4cyl turboed i see they have a V6 and V8 and both are 30k and up. I still rather have a Evo,skyline imported,integra type R But those are classic tuner cars to me and my dream cars. I want a integra type R in white so bad. but those cars would be weekend only cars.