Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Just found the car Im trading in my fit for...

Old 01-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Just found the car Im trading in my fit for...

mother****ing hyundai genesis coupe. this thing is bananas. 2.0T RWD for under 25K!

Genesis Coupe- Video

****ing rawr!

Old 01-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Help me understand here.... what was your reason for purchasing the FIT?

That car seems to be duplicating effort of a few other cars (and manufacturers), but that isn't really what the FIT is known for.

I dunno. Hyundai is trying to rework their image to compete with Honda and Toyota, but I can't stop thinking of it as a college students car put together with superglue and rubberbands, the same with their Kia brand.

Not my cup of tea, but glad you found a car you like. It took me forever to find the FIT (the only car on the market that I liked based on my needs) when I was looking.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Honestly the Fit doesn't suit my needs. I'm a single, 24 year old male in the navy. WTF do I need a fit for? I don't lug any big things around, I don't have kids, I don't have many friends at all.

A car doesn't always have to meet your needs for you to want one. Sometimes it's really about the physical attraction. Much like in human relationships. We don't always pick someone we need, but we stay with someone because they're hot and the sex is great.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:19 PM
LoL. Thanks for that, uh, enlightening response.

I doesn't sound like the sex is great or ever was between you and the Fit. Was it more of an attraction thing? You were caught up in the moment, pressured to say you love it and make a committment? LoL.

Anyway, if the FIT doesn't suit your needs, glad you could find something else that does.

I kind of get it. My previous cars include a Civic Hatchback, Accord, CRX, and Integra (in that order). It was really hard for me to find a car that had the versatility of a hatchback (like the Integra/CRX) with relatively comfortable seating in the back seat (like an Accord). These desires overrode my need for a fast car after I was married (no worries about shoving kids in the car yet, thankfully). I guess we all have some give-and-take, especially as circumstances in our life change.

The problem with my Integra was that the sex was hot, but nothing can compensate for when you're going at it and their leg falls off...

j/k, it really wasn't that bad. But in the end, maintenance did get the best of me. I still keep her around for occasional romps.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:55 PM
I think most Fit people have owned several Hondas already lol I've had an Accord, Civic coupe, Del Sol. I wanted to try something totally different, which meant NO opentop or sunroof, 4 doors, a hatchback. Thus, the Fit revealed itself to me. I have absolutely zero need for it, but I like how people talk shit to me for it (navy guys) "109hp??!! LOLOLOLOLOL YOU DRIVE A F'ING BITCH CAR HAHAHAHAHA FAG!!!!!" slowly though I'm proving them wrong..."YOU DRIVE A F'ING BI-NICE RIMS-TCH CAR LOLOLOL FAG!!!!"

;/

Old 01-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Hmmm... a Del Sol. That is one car I lusted after but never got. *jealous*

Old 01-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Yeah I miss the hell out of it, and I might get another one after deployment. I had the Samba Green Pearl, it was so bright green and stood out like a sore thumb and with the top off there is no sexier vehicle...

Old 01-05-2009, 01:57 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
The genesis coupe is badass. I would take the turbo 4 banger over the 6. Both engines have major potential. And its gorgeous. I have had hondas and a hyundai, all of them treat me well and run for days

Old 01-05-2009, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
man tranced, i guess guys in the navy are jerks. i'd bitch slap anyone who told me that.

as far as hyundais' being for college kids and being held together by rubber bands...thats just as ingorant as those who hate hondas for being imports and thinking that they are a lesser car than a domestic, just because of what they are.

the genesis coupe is awesome, check out the first drive on edmunds. it was the v6 with 19's.

i was dissapointed in the specs for the turbo...i knew it was a f 4 cylinder, but a 2.9? and it makes only a tad over 200 hp? surely, especially since its rwd, they could have coaxed more out of it and still kept it driveable....

Old 01-05-2009, 01:01 PM
I just haven't met anyone in the navy that respects the Fit, except a cool chief that drives a 2000 civic Si turbo. One of the Lieutenants has one, but it's 100% stock except for tint.

And that Genesis reminds me of a smaller G35 for some reason, especially the rear end...I like it a lot.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, im not a hyundai fan at all, but i kinda like the look of the coupe. it reminds
me of a smaller version of my G35C. lol :D

but yah, if i was 24yrs old, single, and had money, i would consider getting a S2000...

Old 01-05-2009, 01:28 PM
I thought about the S2000, but I'm getting out of the navy soon possibly, so I needed room for my stuff on the drive back to NJ lol

Old 01-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
people that talk shit about the hyundais haven't driven them. When I worked for Hertz a couple years ago, the hyundais were the only cars that didn't break at all. Even hondas, toyotas, mazdas, nissans had to go in for warranty work. The hyundais and kias just needed oil changes and gas. Plus they keep the cars like 5k more miles than any other brand. All the GM cars start falling apart as soon as you get them, by 3k miles all the trim is falling off. I would never consider a Caddy or any other GM product. The bang for the buck and reliability of the Hyundais is the highest of any of the brands, and they are actually made in the USA. The fuel mileage is actually better than most other cars of same engine size or vehicle segment as well. Hyundai is the new Honda. They have come up a lot in the last ten years. Even my old ass 93 elantra got 30+mpg, drove 170k miles on it with no breakdowns. I used it like a rally car, my snow car, my smokin car, my car to take to SF, it lead an abused life. I donated it because I had too many cars when I moved to a penthouse on the hill, because I had 3 cars, my truck, and my bike, and was wayyy over on allowed parking spaces, even with my truck parked at my family's house. I miss my beater. wish I didn't donate it.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
I thought about the S2000, but I'm getting out of the navy soon possibly, so I needed room for my stuff on the drive back to NJ lol
hahahahah, i see.

keep us posted on your future gensis coupe. :)

Old 01-05-2009, 02:05 PM
You won't get laid because you own a Fit. That's why I bought it for my wife!

Old 01-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
hahahahah, i see.

keep us posted on your future gensis coupe. :)
Haha I'm pretty much sticking to Honda for life unless I hit the lottery. Besides, the Fit with a K20 turbo with a ton of mods = same price as a new s2000. It would be awesome to see a Fit spank an S2K on the strip and track!

Old 01-05-2009, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by diskullman
from my actual experience that is false so it has to do something
with you and not the car. ;) hehe.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:12 PM
I was unaware that men buy cars specifically to get pussy. Still, I'll keep the Fit. It shows responsibility, logic and reason, safety, dorky, and a slew of other good points about a person that buys one. An s2000 doesn't say much except impractical and horny

Old 01-05-2009, 02:57 PM
not true!

my girl loves my car. when we met, she said she wanted one. then i got teh sex.

i got laid from my fit :D

Old 01-05-2009, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
haha get attracted to another car.

even though the sex is great HAHAHA

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just found the car Im trading in my fit for...