Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

A new job requires a new car

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
A new job requires a new car

So i got a new job, at a Honda dealership lol. Pays really good too :)

So i'm going to get back into the car game and i have a few ideas; Theres an 08 SI sedan that they want 22,000 for. It's brand new and has 300 kms on it, but i know how its been treated and it has been completely rat-bagged during test drives. it's either that or get back into the Fit and buy a CBP sport, but at the downside i've already had a Fit and i think i want to try something new, but i do know that i love the car so i'm torn. The third option is to order an Accord sedan 5spd manual, it's a big fuel efficient car and it would be a lot better for road trips due to how big it is. In the future if my fiance and i decide to start a family it would be a must to have 4 doors, so any coupe is out.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
How come you sold your first Fit? Don't want to repeat the same thing again if it wasn't what you needed.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:49 PM
I'd take the SI

Old 02-06-2010, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
Skip the SI since you know it been beaten.
Go with the Accord or Fit dpending on your needs. Accord is nicer and more power but cost more. Fit is more fun to drive and versatile being a hatch. Just up to you as to what you want.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
I worked at a Honda dealship about 10 years ago. Mechanic I worked with there had a belief-

If the vehicle was ragged on its first few hundred miles, anything that was going to break would have broke. Only thing left now to break this car will be natural wear and tear.

With that said- There is nothing wrong with that SI.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vanct
How come you sold your first Fit? Don't want to repeat the same thing again if it wasn't what you needed.

The truck was needed for work, and as the oilfield in my part of the world is too slow to keep my busy the truck was basically a lost cause. although it did serve it's purpose more than once!

As for the other suggestions, i really do like the Si and i also think that if something was going to break it would have already, but premium in my town is at 1.40 per liter and regular is at .98 a liter. although the gas prices will change in the future, the cost of maintenence of a high comp engine and the price of gas might effect me in the long run

Old 02-06-2010, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
mmm i'd go for the Fit or Accord, the SI is truly a good car but it's just not really my cup of tea, of course it might me yours :)

if you had an old Fit before you'll really appreciate the new fit! Better handling, MUCH more low-end power, nicer interior, quieter too!

Old 02-06-2010, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
To me, it seems like you have pretty much settled on the Accord, it has everything you need: MT, more power, fuel efficiency, space. Although, you have to consider whether it may be too much debt in the end compared to the Fit.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
The main thing is the power; i did a few road trips in my Fit and the onle complaint i had about it, ever, was power. There isnt quite enough power to get up hills at speed, but that is fixable. It's a tough decision, because i love the small hatchback and how versatile it is, but having a bigger car would be more comfortable and powerful, but the downside to that is it doesnt handle as good and it is more expensive. HMMM!

Old 02-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Congrads for the new job - that would be a dream job working for Honda! I would go with the 2010 Fit or the Accord. If kids are in the future and you do a lot of long distance trips the Accord is going to be more comfortable and more roomy for a baby seat. Let us know what you decide.

Cat :x

Old 02-08-2010, 04:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by it's pronounced iVTEC
The main thing is the power; i did a few road trips in my Fit and the onle complaint i had about it, ever, was power. There isnt quite enough power to get up hills at speed, but that is fixable. It's a tough decision, because i love the small hatchback and how versatile it is, but having a bigger car would be more comfortable and powerful, but the downside to that is it doesnt handle as good and it is more expensive. HMMM!
mm hmmm like i saidd new Fit=More torque and low end power. Nicer, roomier interior, Handles awesome! Sport Model comes stock with rear sway bar! You had a GD before right? have u tested out a GE yet? im sorry for posting again... I truly love the new Fit, i just modded my GD too much imo to trade in... haha

Old 02-08-2010, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
mm hmmm like i saidd new Fit=More torque and low end power. Nicer, roomier interior, Handles awesome! Sport Model comes stock with rear sway bar! You had a GD before right? have u tested out a GE yet? im sorry for posting again... I truly love the new Fit, i just modded my GD too much imo to trade in... haha
I had a GE base

Old 11-19-2010, 08:06 AM
I have been driving my 2 wheel sport car for almost 9 year since year 2001, together with heavy sun light and heavy rain all the while. Initially I was planning to get my 1st car after driving my 2 wheel sport car for 10 year.
Middle of this year, I have budgeting of either
Honda City now, or Honda Civic 2 year later, but out of expectation, now I have a thinking on Honda Civic now or Honda Accord 1 year later… But feel that Accord is too “Uncle” type, not suit for me .

I love Honda New Cars ..

Last edited by jcksn65; 11-19-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:37 PM
The accord is an amazing car. Dad has an EX-L coupe. Amazing interior comfort, and the mileage is still pretty good (4-cyl)

Old 11-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
occam - yah, i like the current accord coupes. ive sat in one and it's as big as my G35C's interior. nice and wide, spacious. considering FWD (and V6 + MT option) im keeping it as potential next dd candidate when i sell my G35C down the road. :)

honestly i was hoping honda would release a SH-AWD version V6 MT. then i would be all over it.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
Why not a evolution or STI? Four door and lots of fun. But that's just me

Old 11-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by 08fithappy
Why not a evolution or STI? Four door and lots of fun. But that's just me
I'm pretty sure he made his decision already, I mean, this thread was made bout 10 months ago...