Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

I <3 Driving Slow

Old 02-24-2010, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
I love driving slow so that cops can look at my wip and Drool!

Old 02-24-2010, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
I drive slow cuz it takes to long to get going fast. And the oil life meter gets reduced greatly if you constantly wind up the engine. lamee..

Plus it's just plain dangerous... all those stupid trucks and SUVs weaving through street traffic, are they so important they gotta squeeze by my car? Haha but then again i blow by them on the freeway unramps so.. yeah slow on the straights fast on the turns :)

Old 02-24-2010, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
I drive slow cuz it takes to long to get going fast. And the oil life meter gets reduced greatly if you constantly wind up the engine. lamee..

Plus it's just plain dangerous... all those stupid trucks and SUVs weaving through street traffic, are they so important they gotta squeeze by my car? Haha but then again i blow by them on the freeway unramps so.. yeah slow on the straights fast on the turns :)

Haha don't feel quilty... When I feel the urge to go fast (stright) I goto the track! Also Turns... I didn't buy exspensive coilovers and Sways for no reason... I digg turns.. (Auto X) but every other time i find it safe to do the speed limit thus drive slow... because there is always that dummy that think I have to race him.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
If you drive slow around here you will get pulled over for suspicious behavior...... 90 MPH is normal freeway cruising speed in Dallas County and it is safer to drive faster to avoid being tail gated.... I have been passed while going 90 on I-35 near Austin by a Toyota Prius.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
well that's reasonable... But over here there are people going 60,70, and 80 all at once on the fwy... It's downright scary sometimes

Old 02-24-2010, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
If you drive slow around here you will get pulled over for suspicious behavior...... 90 MPH is normal freeway cruising speed in Dallas County and it is safer to drive faster to avoid being tail gated.... I have been passed while going 90 on I-35 near Austin by a Toyota Prius.
If the Posted Speed limit is 90mph i'm not saying to go below that... whatever the posted speedlimit is follow that...

the point of Driving slow is a style of driving... I personally don't dive slow everywhere... but for the times i do.. that's the style of driving...

If you're lowered and you're driving in a parking lot you aren't doing 90mph...
I came up with the idea when i'm Criusing at the speedlimit and or alittle above... I start to view the driving habitis and it's funny as hell i must tell you... girls drool at my car all the time... and whiles their boy friends try to pass me I get the wink form them... :giggle:

Old 02-24-2010, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator
lol what! That would be one funny ass sight. That Prius should fallow I-35 all the way up here. I would love to see what happens to a Prius when it hits on of the many Pot holes on 35E or 35W at 100mph.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:37 PM
When I drive slow I get awsome mpg like 45 mpg and also I get paid by my work for my drive time so I make more money money making is goooood lol

Old 02-24-2010, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
I'm used to driving my CRX that's low as hell compared to my fit, but no matter what, I'm the one who basically stops to go over railroad tracks and avoids speed bumps at all costs, people always get pissed and pass me while glaring at me.

I love it.

Cool thread.

Derek

Old 02-24-2010, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
lol what! That would be one funny ass sight. That Prius should fallow I-35 all the way up here. I would love to see what happens to a Prius when it hits on of the many Pot holes on 35E or 35W at 100mph.
:rotfl: hahah

Old 02-24-2010, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
I drive slow because my commute sucks. It takes me 1.5 hours to drive 20 miles.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Take Two of Me & Don't Call in the Morning
5 Year Member
I drive slow in the winter because it saves me gas and the roads in Chicagoland are turrible this time of year.

I drive slow in the summer because people will wait for me.

and +1 on getting one of those plate frames/stickers

Originally Posted by hovito
i drive slow because i had 4 ev's 6 tweeters and 2 15's on the trunk and i liked to set car alarms off and see heads turn blocks away not to mention the fuel you say...and the car will last longer as opposed to being what i like to call a speed demon!... but we are all eager to know how to get stickers and plate trims!
You realize no one's turning their heads in adoration/amazement, right? When I hear subs bumping, I turn my head out of curiousity. Just to see what kind of tool is driving around looking for attention.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DrKelso
I drive slow in the winter because it saves me gas and the roads in Chicagoland are turrible this time of year.

I drive slow in the summer because people will wait for me.

and +1 on getting one of those plate frames/stickers

You realize no one's turning their heads in adoration/amazement, right? When I hear subs bumping, I turn my head out of curiousity. Just to see what kind of tool is driving around looking for attention.
hahah! "tool" Yo I'll tell you I have a Moderate System... I don't care what you hear outside... it's about what you hear on the inside... But yeah I live in FL... I use to live in NY... So Down here I'm always Criusing around with the windows down... I like the fresh air!

Old 02-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
driving in slow motion comes naturally in a Fit. :D

Old 02-25-2010, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member

Old 02-26-2010, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
I love driving slow when people try to race me and I kow it's a waste of my time... I just lag back and watch them do stupidness..

Old 02-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Banned
I drive slow because I like to drive, and I like to savor the drive, plus my car is slow

Where Can I Get a License Plate Frame!?

Old 02-26-2010, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Willyo224
I love driving slow when people try to race me and I kow it's a waste of my time... I just lag back and watch them do stupidness..
Get boost, then you will want to go faster on occasion and even more so when you know you can beat some of the people that try to race.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:27 PM
I drive slow on the public roads, but you'd better believe that I take every single curve at exactly the marked speed. :D

Autocross is where I like to see how fast I can go slow.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Get boost, then you will want to go faster on occasion and even more so when you know you can beat some of the people that try to race.
I Have my fit for turns and my civic for the Dummies! :D

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I <3 Driving Slow