Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

I <3 Driving Slow

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 06:38 AM
5 Year Member
More pics!

that's a mugen

Old 03-24-2010, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
I <3 driving slow is in Canada and the US

Old 03-24-2010, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
How about "I may be slow but I am ahead of you"? It would get you killed by some bubba in a hurry down here.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator
^^LOL, I still kind of want to get a decal that says "I <3 Driving Slow" I might have to talk to one of the vynal guys up here and see what they can do for me.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know if it is old age or what but I have been driving the speed limit and on lesser traveled roads under the speed limit..... If I'm not careful I am going to be pulled over and searched for suspicion of being under the influence of a popular illicit herbal substance.... Its happened before.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
this isn't the driving so slow that you're a hazard is it? because that's not cool. or driving slow in lanes other than the slow lane. because that's also not good.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Around here if you are on an Interstate highway you can create a major road rage incident if you aren't doing 90 in the far right lane.... If I feel like going under the speed limit I will pull onto the shoulder to let people by but if I am driving over the speed limit and being tailgated when it is possible to pass me you are going to see some serious road rage..... That kind of bullshit really pisses me off.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
at least you are aware of what's going on around you. DC has a lot of people that aren't from the area. combine that with the aggressive driving of the NE and it can get pretty stupid.

i really don't appreciate the totally irresponsible drivers that drive slow in the fast lanes. frankly, besides being a hazard to other drivers that have to pass via the slow lanes, it's just a stupid position to be in, in a honda fit of all cars.

Last edited by kennef; 03-24-2010 at 07:26 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-24-2010, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
DC is a breeze compared to the Dallas Fort Worth and Houston areas or I should say that it was the times I was there..... It is really beautiful up there.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
yeah dc isn't too bad. not as aggressive compared to NJ, but very slow and a more time to go travel the same distance. traffic patterns are changing here and few people are actually familiar with DC which makes for a lot of lost, disoriented drivers. the suburbs and exurb traffic is pretty bad, with people commuting 2-3 hours one way.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
I drive slow to save gas. And because I have no choice, because the damn thing won't go any faster. LOL!

Old 03-24-2010, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
The Fit is a fast little station wagon.... You just need to get it up to speed and forget about using the brakes unless you need to stop..... The car is so small people have no idea you are closing on them as fast as you are and have no time to cut you off or speed up before you've passed them.... Drive 15 to 20 seconds ahead of yourself and you will see that the Fit can really boogie.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
The Fit is a fast little station wagon.... You just need to get it up to speed and forget about using the brakes unless you need to stop..... The car is so small people have no idea you are closing on them as fast as you are and have no time to cut you off or speed up before you've passed them.... Drive 15 to 20 seconds ahead of yourself and you will see that the Fit can really boogie.
LOL. You know what I find funny. When I'm the first car stopped at a red light on a down hill. When the light turns green I accelerate to like 30/40mph with ease, and in 2nd gear! Feels like I've got 250HP or something. hahah. But when I'm at a red while uphill, I can creep up to like 20mph on 2nd gear. its kinda funny. =]

Old 03-25-2010, 06:50 AM
5 Year Member
lol it might sound wierd but i just hate going fast... I can feel the gas going down the drain and it feels like such a waste! I find myself wanting to go 60mph on the fwy when i have spare time but mostly i keep it at 65, tonight i did 62 and it was good enough, no one was on the fwy anyways so i wasnt blocking anyone. i only speed up occasionally when there are lots of cars to ease their merging on and off ramps

Old 03-25-2010, 06:54 AM
5 Year Member
The 3 reasons why I drive slow are:

1) Saves gas, I'm always shooting for max MPG

2) No speeding tickets & bad looking driving record to worry about.
I do carry a radar detector with me too for extra insurance. I rarely use it though.

3) I also try coasting to stoplights when I see them turn red. I figure there's no reason to
stay on the gas just so I can get to a red light faster. By the time I get there it usually
turns green and I save gas plus there's less brake wear too.

Last edited by Jensen Healy; 03-25-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
I guess I have always exhibited erratic behavior because I am never consistent about anything I do..... I always try to time my stops where I can down shift and practically roll up to stops with out braking or just very lightly..... I set my throttle controller on the EC5 setting and wear driving shoes to use just enough throttle opening to stay at the speed limit unless there is no one behind me when I will slow down on a hill to maintain the lowest throttle position I can..... When driving in hilly terrain I accelerate with a light foot in 5th gear down hill to have my speed up to where I use very little throttle top the next hill.... There are times though when I am in a big city freeway that I take advantage of the stealth and maneuverability of the little car to avoid jams by maintaining a distance behind the car in front of me so I can see what is going on well ahead of me and accelerate into an opening into a lane that is moving faster than the one that is backing up..... There are some roads that I just cant avoid driving fast on because of light traffic curves and rolling hills and I destroy my mileage figures in a very short time on these roads...... I received my first speeding ticket in 26 years in my Fit.

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 03-25-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
I drive slow because I enjoy driving. Sure, I enjoy taking spirited drives but there aren't any twisty or hilly roads here; so, I usually drive the speed limit with the windows down (if good weather) and the tunes cranked while taking in the sites.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
i'm gonna go against the grain for fun-
i absolutely hate driving slow. i value my time too much to drive slow. driving slow (below the pace of traffic) is hazardous to others. corner exit, late braking, turn-in, sliding - none of these things exist when driving slow in the vein expressed here.

there is one exception - the challenge of disciplining myself to get good gas mileage is the only enjoyable part of driving slow. my wife got 24.8mpg with 50% hwy, 50% suburban driving, so not only is our fit slow (as normal) but it also gets horrible gas mileage. it's an art form, trying to be in the zen of the traffic around you.

but otherwise, i absolutely hate slow.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah again, Some of us drive slow at different times/ places.... I personally never drive so slow that i'm a Hazzard. I came up with the plate frame for when I go over the speed bumps in my area and people are riding my bumper. Also when I'm on local roads, or not in a rush. I would be lieing if i told you i always drove slow.. Because I don't... I have a Fit and a Honda Civic.. i love turns... Haulin but in a stight line isn't really my taste.. both of my cars are lowered and aim towards Suspension and looks.
I <3 drivning slow is a aim for that.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
19.Hootie
20.sen Healy

Quick Reply: I <3 Driving Slow