Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Road Rage Ventalation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 02:33 AM
Originally Posted by SilverBullet
People are in a hurry to go no where,60 percent of people dont have the skills to be behind the wheel. Some of the those people complain about bad gas mileage (not fit owners)in there cars are the people that in my way at lunch time, when I am trying to deliver there freight. They race around like they own the streets with no regard to anyone. Its not about driving fast but keeping moving. There will be a time very soon that the insurance companies will be taking them off the streets, thats one reason the cameras are for, Taking invetory and writing down the info into a data base.
I motorcycle to work nearly every day so I concur with your skill ratings. In addition, I must assume that all drivers are out to kill me, which splits about 70/30 as careless driving / people who hate motorcycles.

I disagree about insurance companies. I think they will insure anyone who can get a check to clear. I also suspect that a full half of your above 60% don't bother with insurance. States don't have acceptable tools in place to insure compliance.

The cameras now, in my area their sole purpose is fund raising, not that the state wouldn't like to do more. Most of the ones I see are stop light enforcement, although I have heard of areas with speed cameras.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:09 AM
hes my list of driving hates.

-people who dont use their turn signals
-people who put their turn signal on half a mile early
-people who constantly speed up then drop off speed again and again
-people who use the right lane of a two lane road who are not turning right on residential areas. (so you have to wait behind the jackass for the light to turn green
-people who wait way too long to turn on to a road waiting for traffic
-people who sit in the left lane going 55 on a 60 then wonder why your on their ass so hard.
-people who accelerate way to slow
ect.
old asian women drivers that dont look before they change lanes

Old 06-07-2010, 06:02 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by snuggyfit
old asian women drivers that dont look before they change lanes
This wasn't on my personal list until an old asian woman changed lanes right into my car a couple weeks ago. Now it's pretty high up there.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Dude, I hate to say this, but Asian people of any age can be a road hazard! The older ones seem to be afraid of their cars, or of going too fast, and end up driving WAY too slow, not doing lane changes correctly, stopping suddenly, etc. Even younger Asian people can be erratic drivers, some of them go very fast, and some go too slowly. I find it very frustrating to drive through our "China-town" which is really more Vietnamese.

If you adjust your side mirrors as far out as they will go, you eliminate your blind spot and you usually don't have to look behind you, but most people don't understand how this works and have their side mirrors looking at the side of their car, which doesn't help.

p.s. Don't mean to offend anyone Asian on the forum, but you *know* your grandmother drives that way....

Last edited by Juliane; 06-07-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
I recently had to avoid an Asian male that got beside me and came into my lane..... I thought about all of the stereotypical jokes and comments and laughed..... After hundreds of thousand miles on motorcycles I am very good at staying out of the way of idiot drivers.... Speaking of idiot drivers, I received a check from the insurer of the high school kid that landed bottom side up after taking out our mail box while he was speeding and talking on his cell phone..... My neighbor took a picture of him crawling out of the window while still on the cell phone..... The school bus had just picked up the kids there a few minutes earlier.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
i hate every driver on the road, excluding me.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
Got a call from my dad the other morning he asked me to go pick up my mom from our house and bring her down by the water to an oldies car show. He pulled in and registered and could not leave to get her. This being a rare occasion I usually dont drive with my parents in the car. I was driving carefully and she still had things to say about the way I drive but, she my mother so it's no surprise. then driving down the highway at like 50 some lady in an explorer decides she's just going to move over. No blinker and not looking. she starts to slowly drift over and at first i thought she was just drifting a little and shed catch her self when I blew the horn. After sitting on the horn she continued to move almost all the way into my lane pushing me to floor it and move a little into the shoulder while still blaring the horn. She fly's back over into her lane after realizing I'm there and flails her arms in the air in surprised I was even there. I then apologized to my mom and told her "That's not an every day thing"
lol Maybe if she was driving a tiny car like she should instead of a huge explorer with no kids or cargo. She wouldn't have such a big blind spot.

*********vent

Last edited by Ciggy; 06-07-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by score04w
A true blue all American narcissist.:rotfl:

Old 06-07-2010, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ciggy
Got a call from my dad the other morning he asked me to go pick up my mom from our house and bring her down by the water to an oldies car show. He pulled in and registered and could not leave to get her. This being a rare occasion I usually dont drive with my parents in the car. I was driving carefully and she still had things to say about the way I drive but, she my mother so it's no surprise. then driving down the highway at like 50 some lady in an explorer decides she's just going to move over. No blinker and no looking. she starts to slowly drift over and at first i thought she was just drifting a little and shed catch her self when I blew the horn. After sitting on the horn she continued to move almost all the way into my lane no pushing my to floor it and move a little into the should while still blaring the horn. She fly's back over into her lane after realizing I'm there and flails her arms in the air in surprised I was even there. I then apologized to my mom and told her "That's not an every day thing"
lol Maybe if she was driving a tiny car like she should instead of a huge explorer with no kids or cargo. She wouldn't have such a big blind spot.

*********vent
Hey. Cool mom.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by score04w
DAMN IT, this comment deserves rep but I can't give any to you!!! AMEN and me too.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Old 06-07-2010, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
You know what I hate? People who are driving and then turn and look over at their passenger every few seconds. If the conversation is such that you have to make eye contact, STOP THE CAR and go into a coffee shop or something!!!!

Old 06-07-2010, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
This thread is just as annoying as the subject matter in it, mainly because it has nothing at all to do with the 1st generation Fit, and should have been placed in the "other car related discussions" forum.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
Ask one of the mods to move it then. They will.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I recently had to avoid an Asian male that got beside me and came into my lane..... I thought about all of the stereotypical jokes and comments and laughed..... After hundreds of thousand miles on motorcycles I am very good at staying out of the way of idiot drivers.... Speaking of idiot drivers, I received a check from the insurer of the high school kid that landed bottom side up after taking out our mail box while he was speeding and talking on his cell phone..... My neighbor took a picture of him crawling out of the window while still on the cell phone..... The school bus had just picked up the kids there a few minutes earlier.
How much you getting? any new mods on the car with it? lol!

Old 06-07-2010, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shaun954
How much you getting? any new mods on the car with it? lol!
I got $103.99 and my mailbox was the only one that wasn't damaged..... I didn't even know the check was even coming and thought it was advertising wanting me to buy a policy..... It would have been thrown away if my wife hadn't opened it.... I don't even have mail delivered to the mailbox and pick up my mail in town.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
lame! that sucks! dont go getting a fancy mailbox now

Old 06-08-2010, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
The old one that I bought 15 years ago on sale at Tractor Supply has been put back where it had been.... People had been knocking them down from the opposite direction for years and my redneck neighbor who has a backhoe sunk and concreted in a heavy steel pipe with a mailbox he made out of 1/4" steel plate on that end.... It was that box and post that caused the car to land upside down.... His box and post was uprooted and bent a little but it is still in use.... There are so many people that have been killed in wrecks on that road that people swear their ghost can often be seen walking on the road late at night.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
There are so many people that have been killed in wrecks on that road that people swear their ghost can often be seen walking on the road late at night.
Well thats creepy.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Jensen Healy
This thread is just as annoying as the subject matter in it, mainly because it has nothing at all to do with the 1st generation Fit, and should have been placed in the "other car related discussions" forum.

Glad to annoy you. That was my whole reason for starting the thread remember? To see just how far people would go with the road rage. At least it kept them off my CAR thread. I KNOW I KNOW IM A JERK ITS OKAY CALL YOUR MOMMY.xoxoxoxoxoxo

Old 06-08-2010, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bthasht
Glad to annoy you. That was my whole reason for starting the thread remember? To see just how far people would go with the road rage. At least it kept them off my CAR thread. I KNOW I KNOW IM A JERK ITS OKAY CALL YOUR MOMMY.xoxoxoxoxoxo
hahahahahahahahahaha

Quick Reply: Road Rage Ventalation Thread