Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Streetglow... played out or still hot?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Occam
Different cars and accessories say different things. They project a different message about the driver. For example, a minivan with a "My student is an honor student at ____" sticker, a Mustang with straight pipes, a pickup with a Calvin peeing on another brand... these all project certain aspects of a driver's personality and preferences.

Neon underbody lights always scream to me "I don't even have the credit to buy a cell phone without a deposit." and "My job pays by the hour, and I have it because it doesn't test for drugs." It's certainly not something that says "I take great care in my automobile."

But that's one dude's opinion.
hahahahahhahaha.... so good

Old 06-26-2011, 12:47 AM
Do you dude, I got 4 blue neons from autozone and a four way splice for the cig lighter 12v thing just to see what it would look like for the inside of the car. That's just a cheap way to test stuff I guess, I'm waiting till I save up to get a 3 million color kit, think it my look nice but won't hurt to see what it looks like. And don't listen to these other forum crack heads, they can talk BS cause they got a fast car but most ppl aren't into speeding and having to wonder if the state trooper is out today, some rather cruise in their own style and feel good about themselves because they did something they liked. As long as your happy keep your eyes on the road and drive on. Let the haters hate, like I see all over base "I Love Haters" just smile back at them and they will stop. I do it a lot when people pull up next to me and look and start laughing ill just look over and smile and laugh along with them and they look and roll the Windows up. Lol! You do you, let the haters hate. And post those pics I wanna see how bomb this thing looks.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
It's been a long time since I've seen a car or truck with the street glow thing going on... I wouldn't have adverse feeling toward anyone that liked it or chose to do it to their ride.. If the car looks messed up otherwise the driver will be laughed at but something subtle on a nice looking vehicle would look all right... If the car is fast it won't be laughed at by anyone that can't walk away from it when the throttle is down.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
NECRO lmao but no one will laugh at a car that slaughters them.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:29 AM
best place to get all your neon's or LED's go to oznium.com the place is awesome

Old 06-26-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm about to redo my interior lighting and get leds instead of the crap autozone tubes cause I like my set up and how it looks. Now just got to get around $200 for everything and im gooood.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
The cool thing about LEDs is that they can easily be wired to multiple switches that will allow you to be as wild or subtle as you desire... It's something that can be very dramatic appearance wise with no negative repercussions like busted oil pans and scraped off exhaust components... I think it's funny when someone makes so much noise about something being played out when they secretly like it... I had 9 running lights on a VW Diesel Pickup topper and everyone loved it.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
The cool thing about LEDs is that they can easily be wired to multiple switches that will allow you to be as wild or subtle as you desire... It's something that can be very dramatic appearance wise with no negative repercussions like busted oil pans and scraped off exhaust components... I think it's funny when someone makes so much noise about something being played out when they secretly like it... I had 9 running lights on a VW Diesel Pickup topper and everyone loved it.
Ahhh the two tiered cap for the rear with the two "skylights" that were angled slightly back. The rear Plexi Window and the sliders on the side with two slanted windows just front of that... remember like it was yesterday.

As for the underglow. IMO, Brighter is NOT better. Superbright is awful but a nice "glow" under the vehicle isn't bad as long as the ride is clean. add a huge wing to the back, euro tail lights or other auto-zone add-on and the subtlety disappears and goes to what would be stereotyped as Rice. Any additions to the car should enhance the overall appearance of the vehicle, not draw your eye away from it. Like putting Huge Chrome wheels on the FIT... too much as your eye is drawn away from the car and only to the wheels. Ugly.

Try something different. figure out how to wire up some cool LEDs just behind the dust shield on the back side of the wheel/caliper. Give the wheel some "back-lighting" with a nice light glow. Maybe a little bit of the "tron" look but not as evident..

I wouldn't put underglow on but would like interior ambient lighting at times so that's where my money would go. but it is "to each his own" so add what you like.

~SB

Last edited by specboy; 06-26-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Damn if getting a cheap set up to see if your cars interior would look good is called rice then I need to fix that. :/ but a good color test would be best first before buying one color. Or just get the million color and select a color right for you without having to send the product back and wasting time on finding a color you like.:)

Old 06-26-2011, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FortHoodFIT
Damn if getting a cheap set up to see if your cars interior would look good is called rice then I need to fix that. :/ but a good color test would be best first before buying one color. Or just get the million color and select a color right for you without having to send the product back and wasting time on finding a color you like.:)
If I were doing it I'd go with specboy's suggestion but I think that with switches and multiple LEDs you could crank it up when in a well lit area and soften it up when driving where there is no lighting or very little... I think the haters should look into dropping some good quality LSD and open up their minds.. Conformity is killing the drive to be creative and everything on 4 wheels is beginning to look just like the last or being criticized by constipated minds.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:44 PM
True true. :)

Old 07-11-2011, 04:21 AM
Neons....... I smell the rice cooking already LOL.

Nah, jk... I've never been a fan of them. But I buy stuff for my car because I like it. You should do the same... If you like them, get them... If not, don't.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
So does anyone have any pictures of this being done (tastefully or not) on the Fit? Not on a Civic or a Tahoe or a VW Diesel Pickup or a backhoe or a riding mower... but on the actual car in question?

I'm curious to see how this would look on the Honda Fit before I make any kind of call on the idea. Taste is subjective anyway (i.e. blood tastes like pennies), but thinking about it, this seems like the kind of car where an underbody lighting kit could probably be done either very right or very wrong...

Old 07-11-2011, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
Rock'n LED's

Go for it it will be an attention gettr 4sur! The strip Led's are CCCheap light now,so light that Fit up so the shuttle can see that baby!

Here's under my hood:)

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 07-11-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Go for it it will be an attention gettr 4sur! The strip Led's are CCCheap light now,so light that Fit up so the shuttle can see that baby!

Here's under my hood:)

Is this another sighting of a UDO? (Unidentified Driven Object....) =)

Old 07-12-2011, 12:06 AM
this thread is fun... well, if the OP can't take criticism or ready for some harsh haters comments, then don't post anything that sounded like asking for personal oppinion... we also should not critizise someone who gives their negative comments... i mean... the OP is expecting oppinions right?

and btw, i agree that neon's rice, and led's are a bit better... and it's your car.. do what you want with it.. no need for other people oppinions i think...

Old 07-12-2011, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GatorFit24
best place to get all your neon's or LED's go to oznium.com the place is awesome
THIS!! oznium is a legit shop have purchased many things from them

Old 07-12-2011, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
I had Cathodes in my xB engine bay, interior (beneath dash and front seats), and a Varad single color LED underlight kit. I liked it especially the cathodes for the engine bay and interior. I rarely had the underlights on, only at night shows the different Scion dealers/clubs would hold.

Here's some pics
Name:  img_8096.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  71.1 KB
Can't really see the underlights but they're on
Name:  img_8094.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  50.3 KB
a shot from a Japan Magazine I had mini feature in
Name:  LuxGmagazine3.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  77.6 KB
and before people start saying thats "rice"
Name:  IMG_2257_5_6.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  61.5 KB
Name:  IMG_2266_4_5.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  65.1 KB

Let the hating commence

Old 07-12-2011, 02:55 AM
Originally Posted by Fit4Trav
Let the hating commence
i'm hating it :D j/k

Old 07-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
wow.. streetglow is like dated stuff, no? reminds me of those altezza euro taillamps from the early 2000s. LOL

Quick Reply: Streetglow... played out or still hot?