Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Considering selling the fit for a...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Considering selling the fit for a...

2011 Ford Mustang, V6, manual transmission...

Any thoughts, have you considered straying?

I find the Fit reliable and economical, but it doesnt exactly scream "fun" to me. The new Mustang seems to be a nice compromise between fun and economy.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
then go for it. I love my fit, that's why I got it and have not thought of straying.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
Hmm be warned the grass is not always greener. I traded mine for a S2k CR. But im now back in one. This car is a great DD keep the Fit once its payed for get the stang for the weekends

Old 07-07-2010, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
What didnt you like? Was the ride rougher and the mpg worse than you expected?

Old 07-07-2010, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
Well i could not do as many things as i could with a Fit. I mean i could not even go to the park with me my GF and the dog. MPG was not bad at all or the ride. Its just tires were costly and i could not do road trips with it or much with it. An exaust for it cost $1k or more. Cool car but i needed more room and a cheaper way to get from point A to point B.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
It's very tough to devise 1 rational reason to buy a Stang. It's reliable but so was the Fit. MPG sucks compared to the Fit, so does luggage room. Looks are subjective. Insurance will cost you more. The Stang is faster, which is good on the race track but of very little benefit in the real world. My guess is you have a better chance of picking up women with the Stang if that's your game. Otherwise, if I was going to trade the Fit in for a Ford now, the Fiesta would warrant consideration. Although I heard the rear seats don't even fold down on it. Geez I don't want to go back to a deal like that again, which I had in my Sentra SE-R.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jensen Healy
Otherwise, if I was going to trade the Fit in for a Ford now, the Fiesta would warrant consideration. Although I heard the rear seats don't even fold down on it.
Seats "fold down"... just not flat with the cargo floor.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
I used to have the model before the current one, V6. Very comfortable car (never got sore in the seats, I get sore all the time sitting in the Fit)... 210hp (now it's up to like 305 isn't it?) got me everywhere I needed to go w/o straining myself. I liked everything about the car but the abysmal MPG, which is now WAY higher with Ford's new engine. If I could I'd probably be driving the 2011 V6 if I had a choice between that and the Fit.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
AHHH Koi toughen up guy. Be a Masochist like me. I got a silver Fit because I thought SSM stood for Super Sado Masochist.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
AHHH Koi toughen up guy. Be a Masochist like me. I got a silver Fit because I thought SSM stood for Super Sado Masochist.
I'm already a masochist for sticking with & spending thousands on a car that gives me less MPG than cars with double the horsepower - but more comfy seats would be nice, I can't deny it!

Old 07-08-2010, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Koi
I'm already a masochist for sticking with & spending thousands on a car that gives me less MPG than cars with double the horsepower - but more comfy seats would be nice, I can't deny it!
www.kiwi-sheepskins.com That is what I will have on my seats to sooth my tired and saggy old ass.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:09 AM
5 Year Member
Ya, the Mustang might get upper 20s on the highway. My Fit refuses to get less than 35 mpg :)

I am just daydreaming I guess...Maybe I need a turbo for my Fit :)

Old 07-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Definetly a different animal. They're a fun car. The only thing I'd do differently is I would go all the way and get the GT with a V8.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Agree with the above. Get the Stang after you've paid off the Fit for your fun weekend or project car. My plan is to pay off the Fit and start saving for a project show car which will of course be a Honda - older model Civic. I would not want to own a Stang just because we have Stang owners around here that have a real attitude but the car itself is a nice car. Let us know how you decide to go.

Cat :x

Old 07-08-2010, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
Seats "fold down"... just not flat with the cargo floor.
From what I see here in Car & Driver the Fiesta's rear seats are void compared to the Fit
in the subcompact segment with the likes of the Honda Fit. Both the Fiesta and the Fit have the same basic jelly-bean silhouette, which maximizes inter*ior space, but the Honda, with an extra 6.1 inches of length and marvelous folding rear seats, wins on cargo size and versatility. When folded, the Fiesta’s rear seats don’t make a flat load floor, but the Honda’s do.
2011 Ford Fiesta - Short Take Road Test - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

Old 07-16-2010, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member
The fiesta isn't roomy at all (except maybe for the front leg room and driving position), and except for the soft touch plastic trim on the dash, I don't see what's good in it. Pretty expensive too (in Canada at least).

But for the mustang, it must be a good choice, however when I think about fun cars like mazda miata come to my mind more than mustang...

Old 07-18-2010, 06:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jensen Healy
From what I see here in Car & Driver the Fiesta's rear seats are void compared to the Fit
Since you're a grammar policeman, this sentence needs a period at the end.

Last edited by spreadhead; 07-18-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:35 PM
I like those 2011 Mustangs! The 2010 and below are just plain ugly. I think I will have more fun with the Fit for now.

How about an s2000?

Old 10-19-2010, 03:11 AM
If practicality is the top concern, keep the fit. if fun and comfort are higher on the list, get the Mustang.

MPG shouldn't be crossing your mind if you're considering trading in a 2010 vehicle for a 2011 vehicle. The lost resale and new investment costs will greatly outweight a few extra gallons of fuel.

For fun, there's shouldn't be much comparison. The fit is great for an economy car. It can't compare to the grunt of a bigger engine, and the fun of correct wheel drive. I don't know how much snow/ice you get in your area of NC, but consider that aspect of rear wheel drive. They're tricky to start moving if you don't have enough weight on the rear. Of course, once you're moving, swinging the tail around on a slushy road is a close tie for sweaty monkey love in the testosterone pumping fun department.

For comfort - if you're short, the Fit may be fine, but it's not the most friendly vehicle to tall folks. The 'Stang has far more legroom, but doesn't have the same visibility from inside... you peer over the long hood - it's just a part of the feel of the car, sitting low, staring out over a long hood holding a snarling engine. Even if it is a snarling V6.

I made the mistake of sitting in Dad's Accord EX-L coupe last time I visited the folks in Florida, and it was a superbly comfortable, almost chaise-lounge-esque perch that I've tried to forget. It's probably the closest thing to a classic 70's-80's "Personal Luxury Coupe" you can find today. (even if the seats are not available in "Soft Corinthian Leather")

Old 10-19-2010, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
mustangs are nice.. but you will always regret it if you get the v6... the engines are no where as near as advance as their v8's are.

their new 2011 V8's will be atleast a DOHC engine now... so its like your owning a Mustang Cobra engine

i owned v8 mustangs before.. and their gas is NOT that bad compared to the v6... you might as well own that instead.

Quick Reply: Considering selling the fit for a...