Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Considering selling the fit for a...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
The 2010 GT convertible is almost as fast as a KWSC high boost kitted Fit.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
Yeop Ludin memang stai....

Old 10-20-2010, 11:45 AM
OP,
Though the new V6 mustangs are nice cars they are nothing special. Yes they might get 30 mpg HWY but City mpg is still poor just like every other v6 and v8 out there. Just remember there is always something faster out there. I'm glad I bought the Fit and got out of the hp and 0-60 wars. The Fit will have something those cars will never have: storage, great gas mileage, and cheap. Something I personally look for in a DD. Now if you want a weekend toy that's a whole other discussion.

Good luck

Last edited by Committobefit08; 10-20-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
The 2010 GT convertible is almost as fast as a KWSC high boost kitted Fit.
Originally Posted by Vash
mustangs are nice.. but you will always regret it if you get the v6... the engines are no where as near as advance as their v8's are.

their new 2011 V8's will be atleast a DOHC engine now... so its like your owning a Mustang Cobra engine

i owned v8 mustangs before.. and their gas is NOT that bad compared to the v6... you might as well own that instead.
I disagree:

The difference in 0-60 times is about 1 sec (6.2 vs 5.1). The GT adds a $6000 price premium. The old V6, a boat iron anchor from the Ford Ranger, has been replaced with a 300 hp, all aluminum DOHC V6. It will cruise at 60 running a mere 1595 RPM. Note that a bone stock base Mustang V6 will not only handily outrun a Fit (as is expected) but will out handle (55 vs 53 mph in Consumer Reports emergency maneuver test) a Fit as well. Expect gas consumption (rated 19/29 EPA) to run you only about $500 more/year - less than $2/day.

Toss in rear wheel drive and it's a very tempting proposition. If you need to haul a large load, it'll tow 1000 lbs - you could always get a lightweight trailer for those rare occasions, or rent/borrow a truck.

It's less versatile, but it makes up for it in a more exciting, sporty experience. It all depends on where your priorities are. Both flavors of Mustang, likethe Fit, are on the CR Recommended list.

As an aside, the CR test drive clocked the Fit at 9.2 sec 0-60 (sport MT).

If you want it, do it. Find a Mustang forum and ask them the same question. ;-)

The fact that a hyped up, forced induction Fit is only slightly faster than the bottom rung Pony Car is a testament to what a great deal this thing is. The only thing that holds me back from considering it is that I have two kids, and tend to put the seat way back. Dad and I had trouble putting the kids in the back of his Accord Coupe once the seats were all the way back. (Aaaaahhhh, Daddy, Grampa! You're smushin' me!!!)*

Old 10-20-2010, 01:34 PM
So many cars. So little time. Buy what you want. The worst you can do is make a mistake. If you do, it can be corrected.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Occam
I disagree:

The difference in 0-60 times is about 1 sec (6.2 vs 5.1). The GT adds a $6000 price premium. The old V6, a boat iron anchor from the Ford Ranger, has been replaced with a 300 hp, all aluminum DOHC V6. It will cruise at 60 running a mere 1595 RPM. Note that a bone stock base Mustang V6 will not only handily outrun a Fit (as is expected) but will out handle (55 vs 53 mph in Consumer Reports emergency maneuver test) a Fit as well. Expect gas consumption (rated 19/29 EPA) to run you only about $500 more/year - less than $2/day.

Toss in rear wheel drive and it's a very tempting proposition. If you need to haul a large load, it'll tow 1000 lbs - you could always get a lightweight trailer for those rare occasions, or rent/borrow a truck.

It's less versatile, but it makes up for it in a more exciting, sporty experience. It all depends on where your priorities are. Both flavors of Mustang, likethe Fit, are on the CR Recommended list.
You are right the 2011 mustang is a new car but its about time Ford got with the times.
Of course we all know if you have a daily driver like this and constantly flaunt your 0-60 you are not going to get 19-29 mpg. more like 10-20 mpg. Now figure up the difference that's going to cost you a year on top of the new tires in your rwd burn out machine.
Just talking from past experience. ;-)

Old 10-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i dont get why you're comparing a Fit and a Mustang, OP. lol

it's not even in the same class, shape, size, anything. only thing that's similar is that they both run on 4 tires.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
What i really like about the Fit is the ability to upgrade it (also for a fraction of the price for the mustang)... everytime i put a new mod, it feels like a whole new car! But if that's not your thing, go for the stang!!!

Old 10-21-2010, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
i like the new v6 Mustang, its differant cause iv always felt just about anyone can make a v8 fast so to make a v6 fast its harder, i say do what you like, but how BADA$$ would it be if you blew by a new v6 stang in a 1.5L lol, or when you race a new 5.0 and it blows its rear end to shreds and you blow by a 5.0 just sayyyying

Old 10-22-2010, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=Occam;923846]I disagree:

The fact that a hyped up, forced induction Fit is only slightly faster than the bottom rung Pony Car is a testament to what a great deal this thing is. .................................................. .................................................. ..*
It was a Mustang GT Convertible with Manual transmission, hardly bottom rung, but much heavier than a coupe.... I would assume that 0 to 60 the Mustang would be faster but from 60 on up the Mustang that pulled beside me on three occasions down shifted, pulled away the first time and was car lengths in front of me before I realized I would be be able to take him and was past him before I was half way through 4th gear.... Starting side by side the Mustang really didn't have a chance.... I am pretty sure a coupe would accelerate better and have more on the top end as well.... Maybe I will find out sometime if the situation presents itself and conditions are right.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:16 AM
[QUOTE=Texas Coyote;924550]
Originally Posted by Occam
I disagree:

The fact that a hyped up, forced induction Fit is only slightly faster than the bottom rung Pony Car is a testament to what a great deal this thing is. .................................................. .................................................. ..*
It was a Mustang GT Convertible with Manual transmission, hardly bottom rung, but much heavier than a coupe.... I would assume that 0 to 60 the Mustang would be faster but from 60 on up the Mustang that pulled beside me on three occasions down shifted, pulled away the first time and was car lengths in front of me before I realized I would be be able to take him and was past him before I was half way through 4th gear.... Starting side by side the Mustang really didn't have a chance.... I am pretty sure a coupe would accelerate better and have more on the top end as well.... Maybe I will find out sometime if the situation presents itself and conditions are right.
Hah... Sorry, misread it as Mustang V6.

The 2011 GT's will hit 60 in 4.9-5.1 secs depending on who is doing the testing. Do you have actual test numbers on this blown Fit, or are you basing this on anecdotal observation only? Do you know for a fact it was a GT? Was the driver competent?

Old 10-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by cr4zy3lgato
What i really like about the Fit is the ability to upgrade it (also for a fraction of the price for the mustang)... everytime i put a new mod, it feels like a whole new car! But if that's not your thing, go for the stang!!!
The Mustang has TONS of aftermarket support. Ever looked at a JC Whitney catalog?

Originally Posted by kenchan
i dont get why you're comparing a Fit and a Mustang, OP. lol

it's not even in the same class, shape, size, anything. only thing that's similar is that they both run on 4 tires.
LOL, only on the internet, right?

If someone is considering a Mustang, I don't see where appeals to the utility and frugality of the Fit are going to matter. Utility beyond what you use is as relevant as power beyond what you'll ever use. A crew-cab pickup is far more versatile for cargo than the fit. Hell, a CR-V is more versatile for cargo than a Fit. I rarely if ever haul that much, so it's irrelevant to me.

As far as frugality... if someone is going to trade in a 2010 car on a 2011, appeals to frugality don't matter. If you're willing to do that without winding up upside down on the Mustang, you probably won't be swayed because it drinks gas like (gasp!) an Accord.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
It said "GT" on the lower left side of the trunk lid and I checked online and found that the convertibles were only available with the V8 in 2010 and the car was brand new... I checked the power to weight ratio for the Mustang convertible and found it to be 11.14:1...... My Fit hasn't been on a dyno but KraftWerks says that with the kit I have and an axle back pipe a Fit puts out 164 on a Dyno from a base line of 97 is a horse power increase of 67 and a power to weight ratio of 15:1 using these figures, but the Mustangs is power is measured off of the crank and run under ideal conditions... I have no idea how I could walk away from the guy like I did. I have headers cat delete, over sized B pipe and Aero Turbine muffler, all after market, much lighter than stock wheels and tires and had octane booster in the tank that day.... The guy driving was in his mid to late 30s and appeared to know how to drive pretty well, all I was doing was putting my gas pedal down and shifting gears the same as he was doing..... The Fit with the KraftWerks high boost kit is a completely different car than one that is stock and I am confident that a free flowing exhaust system on one makes considerably more power than with out.

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 10-22-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Interesting. Have you taken yours to a strip after all this work to test out the 1/4 mile and possibly 0-60 times?

(I'm always skeptical when Marines start bragging! ;-) )

Sidebar: it's funny how you have to shift your thinking from bikes to cars... My bike is on the modest end of the power scale with a mere 7 lbs per horsepower (rocketing up to 10 lbs/hp with my 200 lbs of weight and riding gear on the seat)

Last edited by Occam; 10-22-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by 08fithappy
Hmm be warned the grass is not always greener. I traded mine for a S2k CR. But im now back in one. This car is a great DD keep the Fit once its payed for get the stang for the weekends
just signed up to this forum, first post. i traded my 01 s2k for a 09 fit a few days ago =D