Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Why do people allow this??

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Why do people allow this??

People will pay thousands of dollars, sometimes 10k 20k or more for a car.

They pay so much and drive off the lot with a big ugly sticker of the car dealer on the car.

When I bought my fit I told them if you want your sticker on my car or licence cover, you will have to pay me 50 bucks a month for advertising.

I see many cars that have both sticker top left of the back, and around the plate cover.

Why on earth would people allow that ugly sticker on the paint of the car????

Old 09-30-2010, 07:39 PM
They don't seem to do the sticker thing on the west coast... I think it's more of an east coast deal. None of the cars on the lots around here have them, and the only ones you see driving around are from out of state dealerships.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Exactly what I told the dealership, No dealership logo or front license plate holder.

Cat

Old 09-30-2010, 07:44 PM
i think females are more likely to allow this

Old 09-30-2010, 10:02 PM
I have asked the dealerships to remove their badges everytime I buy a car. License plate frame is okay because it can be easily replaced.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:07 PM
ecl
5 Year Member
I've seen a few cars with those stickers here, not many but when I do the same thing goes through my mind lol. I guess they just don't care or dont think about it

Old 09-30-2010, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
I took that lic. plate frame off the day I bought it!!

Old 09-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Yep, agreed, get your stuff off my car or compensate me to advertise your business. OK, just get your crap off my car. My last couple cars I've just asked them to keep their plate holder and give it someone who won't just throw it away. They've been good about making that happen.

My favorite are the people with their Chevrolet badges all over the cars, their Chevrolet dealer info on their paint, their Chevy dealer license plate, their license plate announcing "Chevy", and their Chevy pissing on Dodge sticker in their rear window. I always laugh when I see those guys.

Last edited by Roland; 09-30-2010 at 11:47 PM. Reason: more added
Old 10-01-2010, 03:32 AM
Oli
When I bought my 02 Suzuki XL7 new, the spare tire had, in 1 1/2" Gold self adhesive letters like these:

written in a big circle around the outside edge of the spare tire cover

Lipscombe (sound it out) Suzuki. It looked like they had a kid do it.
Douchebags...

Old 10-01-2010, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
I will never endorse a dealership or give them free advertising on my car unless they were giving me incentives or monetary compensation.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:22 AM
I took 'em all off.

DE-BADGED MY FIT

Old 10-01-2010, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
I didn't let them go on and I worked FOR the dealership at the time. I took the wheel and drove it from the the time it got to the bottom of the hauler ramp. I'm just picky that way.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
I'm the same way about JDM product decals on cars as well as dealer stickers and badges.. I have a lot of performance products on my little car and folders with product info and stickers that came with the over $6000 in parts I've purchased.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Whenever I got my GD, my uncle purchased it shortly after it was unloaded from the truck without any dealership decal what-so-ever other than the plates. Whenever he inspected it, they had the audacity to put their fugly dealer badge, molded in the shape of Texas, on the right side of the hatch, parallel to the Fit badge. Forunately a little persuasion, the dealer removed the badge (leaving a tiny dent in its location that I noticed a month later).

Once I got home from school and recovered from seeing the bright blue surprise in our barn, I removed the front frame and cardboard ad but had o leave the rear on until my license plate came in.

I personally cannot stand seeing any sort of business sticker, badge, or license frame on a vehicle. The same goes for aftermarket part stickers; those are just a form of a check list for a thief.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I'm the same way about JDM product decals on cars as well as dealer stickers and badges.. I have a lot of performance products on my little car and folders with product info and stickers that came with the over $6000 in parts I've purchased.
So you no like my red badge of honda?

Old 10-01-2010, 02:00 PM
I am the same way about the dealership badges, frames, etc. I have not bought a car from a dealership that does the badges, but they all do the frames. My fit came with the frame and the fake cardboard plates as well. I got out my screwdriver while still sitting in the parking lot and took it all off. I refuse to advertise for them. I am not even sure I would take a car from a dealership that had put a badge on, even if they would remove it, as I would be worried about damage.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i dont have dealer stickers either. they did put their plate frame thingie on and i think on the GE it's still on there. lol on the GD i removed the frame entirely.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
In Austin, they are everywhere, and people don't take them off. Can't tell you how many gorgeous high-end German cars I've seen with a chrome plaque on the back. Doubly bad, is that people buy used cars and are afraid to take them off because of the paint color change. Even stupid people put that together. In some cases, like in Houston, you can get a little prestige by saying you bought your car from a dealership in a fancy area, but otherwise, I think people just don't care.

I mean, overall, I don't think that people value their property and belongings like they used to, and I don't think our society would be in the hole that it is if that weren't the case. It's amazing, but the value in things has been lost to the world of credit. No feeling of ownership and pride. There are only three people (out of 100+) in my condo development that even wash their cars regularly, and I'm surrounded by a make and model of enough cars to make an enthusiast wet their pants. They all treat their homes like crap too. I honestly don't know anyone who lives their lives similarly to the way my parents generation did. Oh well, times change. I am just starting to see that as a young adult, I guess. *shakes old man fist*

Old 10-01-2010, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
I think for a lot of people a car is just a transportation device, and not something they're that passionate about.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
So you no like my red badge of honda?
If the USDM Fits had came with red badges I wonder how many people would have changed them to whatever different color was being used on JDM Fits if they were a different color.

Quick Reply: Why do people allow this??