Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Why do people allow this??

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 10:14 AM
I hear ya and I wonder as well.
Thing I like is that it's a nice badge. If the USDM badge was made the same way I would most likely have kept it, but I really like the red distinctiveness of it.

Some one mentioned that in Asia it is not a common badge at all. Apparently went out of use a while ago - who knows, don't really care.

I've always been a fan of grill badges. Problem I first saw w/ the Fit was no place to put one - issue is no grill on today's rides for the most part. Chrome and shinny are out of style, certainly w/ the Fit - though I like what Black3 has done.

When I saw the red badge it was a gotta have it, JDM was an acronym to me, never owned a car or been in a car forum that was so 'domestic market' oriented.
Guess it's part of the why I pulled the FIT badge off, sort of like; What is that thing? It's My 38MPG ;-)

Old 10-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
If the USDM Fits had came with red badges I wonder how many people would have changed them to whatever different color was being used on JDM Fits if they were a different color.
LOL. I've often thought that people would change them to black if they came red from the factory !!

Old 10-02-2010, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Reactions to badging are individual and sometimes strange.

I include myself in that description.

Any dealer representation on my vehicle I do not want. Why would I spend thousands on a new vehicle only to have a 75 cent plastic frame denoting the dealership on my vehicle? Nah....I immediately remove and buy a nice licence plate frame.

But I can't go as far as the entire anonymous, generic debadging of my vehicle.

But it's strange. People either ignore, or work towards one end or the other.

For example, I like the Mugen Sport Grille....and I know this is blasphemy to many, but while I really like it? What precludes me from getting one, is I don't like the "Mugen" badging on everything they sell....

So I don't, I'm oddly in the middle. I leave all my factory badging...Honda badges, Fit nameplate..etc...but I don't want much added if anything.

Old 10-02-2010, 01:42 PM
I'll usually leave the frame on there for a few weeks if the dealership experience was good. I probably wouldn't buy the car there if it wasn't. ;-)

TC, you're dead on re: the JDM badges and accessories. There are two factors I see:
1 - Nipponophilia: if it's from Japan it is necessarily Better
2 - people tend to do more of these types of customizations on common, mass market cars. Half the reason for my bumper stickers on the rear glass is because more than once I've walked up to the wrong silver Fit.